Fit Exterior Modifications & JDM Styling Discussions about about exterior modifications, body-work, body-kits and JDM body styling

Armrest!

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2008, 08:06 PM
5 Year Member
Armrest!

2007 2008 HONDA FIT Armrest storage with cup holder honda Wheel Shop has anyone have this armrest on there fit? im thinking about getting this one for xmas and getting the strip in red with red stiching, i thought it look really cool with the jdm red look. plus its one of the nicest ones ive seen besides the actual JDM one, its got huge storage space and looks great too. just thought it let everyone know about the great find! also you can make it different colors!

Old 08-04-2008, 08:38 PM
5 Year Member
hah, speaking of armrests, i'm supposed to get my JDM one tomorrow... too bad i can't be home to sign for the stupid package but anyway from what i can remember reading about this armrest a lot of people don't like it because it uses a cheap quality vinyl which isn't attached to the box very well. also, the arm rest is literally just a box and it looks out of place in the car. i mean yeah the pictures they show make it look good, i considered it... heck i considered all of the options and when it came right down to it i decided not to cheap out especially since i plan on keeping the car for 200,000 miles. so if you don't go with the JDM one then i think the non folding Zetaproducts armrest is your next best bet. it flows with the interior better. if not that then the folding one from Zeta. just my thoughts..

Old 08-04-2008, 08:41 PM
Avid FitFreak Poster
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Fat Ping Cat
hah, speaking of armrests, i'm supposed to get my JDM one tomorrow... too bad i can't be home to sign for the stupid package but anyway from what i can remember reading about this armrest a lot of people don't like it because it uses a cheap quality vinyl which isn't attached to the box very well. also, the arm rest is literally just a box and it looks out of place in the car. i mean yeah the pictures they show make it look good, i considered it... heck i considered all of the options and when it came right down to it i decided not to cheap out especially since i plan on keeping the car for 200,000 miles. so if you don't go with the JDM one then i think the non folding Zetaproducts armrest is your next best bet. it flows with the interior better. if not that then the folding one from Zeta. just my thoughts..

Yeah I'd definitely agree with that. If you have the extra money, get the better quality product. It'll last longer and look better

Old 08-04-2008, 10:06 PM
Yo folks.

I bought this one.
I definitely should have saved up for the JDM one.
That having been said, it is as advertised.
It wedges down between the two seats snugly.
No permanent attachment points to the Fit.
It's spacious, but sort of cheap on the vinyl on the top.
Looks ok. My biggest issue is that there's no latch on it.

I'll likely replace with JDM when I have some extra cash. (but I might do tint first.)

Old 08-04-2008, 10:13 PM
5 Year Member
ah thank you for confirming what i thought. i would have been kicking myself for spending $342.68 if all of a sudden people started saying this is the best arm rest in the world.

armrest is what it is. console is the entire thing. you can't beat that. i hate the usdm console too because of the obscenely huge cup holders. i'm sorry i don't stick like 2 gallons of soda in my cup holders every day. i'm sick of having my bottle of water flop over and get in the way of my shifting. this has to be one of the most annoying things about the Fit.

Old 08-04-2008, 10:16 PM
I'm avoiding the JDM center console. I have the Zeta nonfolding armrest already. The JDM console is unnecessary for me right now. Maybe I'll sell my console with armrest included later on if I get that itch for JDM, but not anytime soon...

Edit: post above me just swayed me. I'll be selling my USDM console/nonfolding armrest shortly, probably for $175 or so. I just recalled having 20oz bottles falling into the footwell on me lol. Not cool.

Old 08-04-2008, 11:46 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Hogarth
Yo folks.

I bought this one.
I definitely should have saved up for the JDM one.
That having been said, it is as advertised.
It wedges down between the two seats snugly.
No permanent attachment points to the Fit.
It's spacious, but sort of cheap on the vinyl on the top.
Looks ok. My biggest issue is that there's no latch on it.

I'll likely replace with JDM when I have some extra cash. (but I might do tint first.)
how come it shows that theres a latch on it in the pictures? can you take some better pics to show me what it looks like? the other thing is im looking for some more space and i dont mind the way it looks i just want to have a place to put stuff since my glove box is completely full and i dont want to spend 350 for a jdm one and i dont want to settle for a small knock off zeta one either

Last edited by xonexlifex; 08-04-2008 at 11:51 PM.
Old 08-05-2008, 10:20 AM
5 Year Member
I have one and I like, it works fine for the price. Yes, there is no latch, but you can add one yourself if you really want one, I haven't had the need for a latch on mine. It's deep, lots of room, and fits pretty snug. It doesn't move around.

Old 08-05-2008, 06:42 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by HarumaN
I have one and I like, it works fine for the price. Yes, there is no latch, but you can add one yourself if you really want one, I haven't had the need for a latch on mine. It's deep, lots of room, and fits pretty snug. It doesn't move around.
do you mean a latch to snap it closed or like a latch hinge thats on the back of it, from what people are saying i dont know if they mean that the lid can just come off or it just doesnt hinge shut

Old 08-05-2008, 07:51 PM
Originally Posted by xonexlifex
do you mean a latch to snap it closed or like a latch hinge thats on the back of it, from what people are saying i dont know if they mean that the lid can just come off or it just doesnt hinge shut
The former.

I'll take some pics tomorrow if i remember.

H

Old 08-05-2008, 09:03 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Hogarth
The former.

I'll take some pics tomorrow if i remember.

H
thanx bud, hey what colors and stuff did you get? i want the red strip and i was hoping someone had one on theres to see what it looks like

Old 08-06-2008, 11:14 PM
5 Year Member
i got my armrest/console today!!! i love it!

the interior looked so unfinished before this!! ohh and the cupholders actually HOLD normal people sized cups now, aluminum cans...perfect

Last edited by Fat Ping Cat; 08-06-2008 at 11:22 PM.
Old 08-07-2008, 06:21 PM
5 Year Member
man i wish i had the 350 bux to blow on the real one, o well

Old 08-08-2008, 09:11 PM
Collegehills sells them for $299. I'm just going to wait a while though...they'll come down eventually

Old 08-08-2008, 09:47 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by trancedsailor
Collegehills sells them for $299. I'm just going to wait a while though...they'll come down eventually
come down eventually, i can't see that happening.. maybe becoming more and more rare, who knows if they have already stopped making these armrests since the 2009 is just around the corner. i wanted to get one while i still could and before the price went up.

collegehillshonda.com is taking preorders for the JDM armrest. I already got mine from evasivemotorsports for $40 more. if anyone wants me to forward my email with a link to preorder send me a PM. They just got the shipment in the country and they are going to go fast. The preorders are open to a limited number of people. Me being one of them. so let me know.

Honda Fit Armrest Pre-order
The wait is finally over! Our shipment of armrest consoles will be arriving during the week of the 10th. This gives you a few days to get your pre-order locked in before they go on sale to the general public. We will be billing orders and printing shipping labels ahead of their arrival so when the truck pulls in we can unload, stick on shipping labels and send them out the following day.

The armrests will be shipped with insurance. Due to the size of the shipping box dimensional shipping rates apply. Our store software will calculate shipping for the continental U.S. and Puerto Rico. Hawaii, Alaska and Canadian customers must purchase by phone at 1-888-244-6632.

Honda Fit Armrest Console Details:
Much more than just an armrest! This complete center console features 2 rear pullout cup holders and front cup holders that quick change into a large front storage area. The armrest complements the Fit interior, slides forward to accommodate shorter drivers, and includes a storage compartment. PLEASE NOTE: This item installs in the Base 5spd, Sport 5spd and Sport Automatic. It will not install into the Base model Automatic due to design differences on the shifter trim.

Price: $299.40

Old 08-08-2008, 09:57 PM
you've just sold me on picking it up now through the pre-order email I got lol man I need a second job BADLY

Old 08-08-2008, 10:15 PM
5 Year Member
so lame, it is so expensive. maybe i was just being a little paranoid but i didn't want to take that chance either. 299 is the cheapest i've seen

anyone want to buy my USDM console!?!?!?!?!?!?

Old 08-08-2008, 10:19 PM
yeh, guess the enduratechs can wait another month. I need the new console anyway so then I have an excuse to get the mugen quickshifter + shift/ebrake boots and skunk knob lol. That's a month and a halfs worth of spending for me haha. Someone buy my OEM console+Zeta nonfolding armrest for $120 shipped

Old 08-08-2008, 10:28 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by trancedsailor
yeh, guess the enduratechs can wait another month. I need the new console anyway so then I have an excuse to get the mugen quickshifter + shift/ebrake boots and skunk knob lol. That's a month and a halfs worth of spending for me haha. Someone buy my OEM console+Zeta nonfolding armrest for $120 shipped
your fit is looking pretty good on the outside from the newer pics i've seen, so a little interior work won't hurt. all of that sounds really nice with the quick shifter and boots. i only wish the stick was a little longer buy maybe an inch or two, it's taking some getting used to shifting

Old 08-08-2008, 10:39 PM
You have the quickshifter? I'm actually glad the stick is shorter then lol I like the look where the knob looks like it's almost resting flat on the shiftboot lol. If you have an armrest, can you shift while your elbow rests on it? Probably not...I miss my Del Sol because I didn't have to raise my lazy elbow to shift lol

Quick Reply: Armrest!