Fit Exterior Modifications & JDM Styling Discussions about about exterior modifications, body-work, body-kits and JDM body styling

Tourenn Eurolite Crystal Color Headlamp Coating

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 10:08 AM
5 Year Member
Tourenn Eurolite Crystal Color Headlamp Coating

Okay, so I picked up the latest issue of Project Car Tuner (Its got the tC and Prelude on the cover) and the crew used a product called Crystal Color Headlamp coating to tint the tC's headlamps blue - while keeping the same light output/color when the lamps are on.

I am waiting for an email back from Tourenn about this, but has anyone else seen or heard of this before or knows were to get it?

It's not a spray paint - it also doubles as a protectant film. I think it's permanent but it's bada$$.
I can't find any online retailer selling it (the magazine said it's available in multiple colors - red, blue, yellow, smoke)

I've got yellow film on the fogs, and I got some blue film for the headlights from ebay but they didn't fit and I fudged them up (only 10 bucks anyway)
I want either blue or yellow headlamps for my VBP fit!

Sorry no pics, but just look at the tC project in Project Car for a point of reference.

Old 11-09-2008, 12:58 AM
5 Year Member
it's just a blue tint for headlights. It's sort of like the yellow foglight film but a thinner version. Here is the link where i get my tint stuff:

eBay Motors: Blue Smoke Out Head light Vinyl Tint Sheet Kit 24 Inch (item 170270657654 end time Nov-09-08 14:11:21 PST)

Just remember, if ur local laws do not allow for blue colored lenses, don't install it. It ain't legal here in cali.

Old 11-09-2008, 12:53 PM
5 Year Member
I just emailed Tourenn earlier this week and will be ordering it soon. It's not an adhesive film or a spray tint. It's totally new. Fresh off the boat from Japan according to the Tourenn guy.
It's 37.99 for one kit. The way it works is you have to clean the headlamps with alcohol, then using the included cotton swab you apply a coat of special clear primer, circular motions until it's completely coated. Then you follow up with the nano color of your choice. It's applied with a swab as well, you work in circular motions, then in Left to Right sweeps to even the color out. It's like stained glass. The color comes in an eye dropper bottle.
So it's not the stuff you can get from eBay or X-pel or anything like that. And it's not a spray. The colors available are blue, smoke, and yellow. And Tourenn states that it will not affect head light output/color whatsoever. Very cool.

Old 11-09-2008, 01:04 PM
5 Year Member
I have the project car mag also and the stuff looks awesome. And thats very cool that id doesnt affect color output.

Please post pics when your done!!!

Old 11-09-2008, 02:01 PM
Banned
It sounds interesting. Please let us know if you buy, and how well it works.

Old 11-20-2008, 02:21 PM
Actually the colors available are: light blue, dark blue, light green, dark green, violet and black. They will be available on Jan 2009. Currently they are just providing samples to media outlets to try and review. The price is $49 and will have enough to do two cars as long as the headlights are not huge and do them at the same time.

As for the local laws it is illegal to have blue or red lights which is measured at the wavelength. There is no law regarding the color of the headlight itself.

Also there are laws restricting coverings or obstructions to headlights, so that means those plastic covers or clearbra tints are technically illegal. Coatings however are not illegal because they are applied on all headlamps by the manufacturer as an abrasion resistant coating that prevents yellowing and hazing.

Google Tourenn Crystalite and I see it under Downforce here: Downforce :: Honda :: Civic :: Crystalite

Old 11-20-2008, 02:27 PM
5 Year Member
I got the correspondence from Tourrenn - it's available now, but the yellow I want for the headlights isn't in stock, so I'll probably wait for the holidays... I wanted blue initially but I think yellow will pop better on a blue fit and match my fogs :-)

Old 02-02-2009, 05:30 PM
5 Year Member
i custom spraypainted my headlight lense to where the color of the lense shifts color frum blue to red depending on the angle of wich light hits....so its kinda of like a chameleon color.....its looks nice i think cuz it blends in with my license plates...and at times its just clear if there's no direct light reflecting on it Name:  car6.jpg
Views: 764
Size:  145.4 KB

in the picture u can see that when light bounce off the lense it changes colors. and the color changes to every colors between the shades of blue to red

Last edited by slo_motion; 02-02-2009 at 05:38 PM.
Old 08-14-2010, 07:52 PM
5 Year Member
Sorry to Bump up a old thread

But this product works bomb.

Perfect stock look not like spray or film.

I got mine at EliteCarParts for way less than $49 if you need the link ill post it up

Old 08-15-2010, 10:44 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by crazyblue
Sorry to Bump up a old thread

But this product works bomb.

Perfect stock look not like spray or film.

I got mine at EliteCarParts for way less than $49 if you need the link ill post it up
Yes! Please, link. And glad you bumped it, I never got any replies or responses nor did I ever find a place to get it, and I just quit looking for it.

Old 08-16-2010, 04:27 AM
5 Year Member
EuroLight

Its only 29.00 FTW!!

its bomb stuff i cant lie