Fit Exterior Modifications & JDM Styling Discussions about about exterior modifications, body-work, body-kits and JDM body styling
View Poll Results: Do you prefer the J's Racing GT-WING or the Spoon Carbon Roof Spoiler?
J's Racing 3D GT-WING Wet Carbon
50.00%
Spoon Carbon Roof Spoiler
50.00%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

J's Racing 3D GT-WING Wet Carbon Review

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2009, 02:45 PM
Banned
Post J's Racing 3D GT-WING Wet Carbon Review

Continued from https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...w-fit-gd3.html

Finally, got the wing shipped from Osaka. Fabrication was actually much quicker than I had anticipated. The box it came in was quite large. Sorry I didn't take any photographs as I left the 'deji-came' at home. As usual, packaged with bubble wrap and lots of Japanese newspaper.

This product also came without instructions. Installation was straight forward based upon the J's catalog except for 2 of the included brackets.

It requires some patience and installing the mounts on the trunk lid as there is not much clearance. I scratched the paint on the edges of the trunk lid. Oh well... I'll get a CB trunk lid in the future anyway.

For those who have never removed their Sport spoiler... all I can say is holes galore. I still haven't inquired how I'm going to seal those holes up.

Anyways, here's the end product:

On the freeway, the wing was quiet and I didn't feel any vibrations. To date, I've been pretty happy with all the J's products that I've purchased. Pretty solid quality and craftmanship. You get what you pay for.

I have these wings available for pre-order locally for $1000 local pick-up + tax. Build/delivery time is one month.

I'll have some replica J's Racing style GT-Wings in late March or early April 2009. Retail is about $4~500. Full CB. *However, the quality may be a little different and the holes won't match up perfectly to those drilled by Honda.

*I'll install the Spoon ETD later this month.

On a sidenote, I just love J's Racing accessories.

This is a leather cell phone strap. Available in yellow, red, and blue. Limited production run. $22 each. PM if you are interested.

Old 01-07-2009, 05:22 PM
5 Year Member
Looks DOPE!!!! Now get a spoon shorty antenna. The only thing I am confused about is you say in your thread about your J's c pillar bar that you hate knock-offs stuff especially Rotas, won't these replica J's wings be knock offs?????

Last edited by Illmatic07; 01-07-2009 at 05:30 PM.
Old 01-08-2009, 02:58 AM
Banned
Wink

Originally Posted by Illmatic07
Looks DOPE!!!! Now get a spoon shorty antenna. The only thing I am confused about is you say in your thread about your J's c pillar bar that you hate knock-offs stuff especially Rotas, won't these replica J's wings be knock offs?????
I'm actually planning to get the J's antennae w/JDM mount. Sure, I hate knock-offs, but unfortunately looks is more important than quality to some people. You can't expect to build a car in one month. Most of the cars featured in magazines, take years to build unless they are sponsored. I won't buy knock-off stuff myself personally, but I can't help it if the next person wants to.

This wing is quite costly. I'm sure more people would have it on their Fit if the price was half that of the original. I could of purchased the Spoon duckbill, but that was too rampant. I wanted something different, and my goal is to build a JDM Fit RS. This wing is really extreme looking & not for everyone.

I agree it doesn't even come close to looking stock.

But this is my goal in the end:

*I forgot to mention, the wing does hit the stock antennae when the trunk is open.

Last edited by junktea1; 01-08-2009 at 03:02 AM. Reason: insider tip
Old 01-08-2009, 03:10 AM
5 Year Member
looking sick! subscribed for your thoughts on the spoon ETD.. i'm debating between ingalls and spoon - i've read that the spoon ETD is a little harsh but would like to hear a 2nd opinion on it.

dude, you're in the valley too. have you ever been to the northridge in-n-out on wednesday nights? a few months back we used to have at least 9 Fit's lined up behind the cruisers car wash. it died out since then but it would only take a few phone calls to get a good handfull of Fit owners there again. if you're free next wednesday, i would love to see your Fit in person

Old 01-08-2009, 06:42 PM
5 Year Member
hey the car is looking nice. my plan is to do the same with the exterior.

is this your daily driver? i want to buy this spoiler the only problem is that i'm afraid someone will still the wing when i park it. kinda scary it takes only two bolts to take off and the thieves will be gone.

Old 01-08-2009, 07:07 PM
5 Year Member
aww man that is sick... i wanted to vote for the Spoon since i wanted a real spoiler (i have a rep =( ) but i know for a fact that if you can afford the Js racing ill go with the Js =) keep up the build im loving the path youre taking =) btw how much was it i know expensive but how much? my brothers going all out Js racing since im going all out Spoon =P so he might want to know =P

Old 01-09-2009, 04:12 AM
5 Year Member
btw you might be interested in this. it the same color as your car too. just found it

eBay Motors: J's Racing Honda Fit Antenna JDM TONS OF PICS & CHEAP! (item 330290426147 end time Jan-28-09 01:41:43 PST)

Old 01-09-2009, 07:08 AM
Wow, this looks really sweet.

Old 01-09-2009, 06:43 PM
5 Year Member
how bout some pics of the whole car too? i wana to see how it would look like

Old 01-15-2009, 08:50 AM
5 Year Member
luving the direction ur going with this fit, keep us posted.. wing looks gd also...

Old 01-15-2009, 01:51 PM
5 Year Member
BUMP for an update on the Spoon ETD

Originally Posted by jezzy's jazz
luving the direction ur going with this fit, keep us posted.. wing looks gd also...

Old 01-18-2009, 01:12 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by junktea1
I'm actually planning to get the J's antennae w/JDM mount. Sure, I hate knock-offs, but unfortunately looks is more important than quality to some people. You can't expect to build a car in one month. Most of the cars featured in magazines, take years to build unless they are sponsored. I won't buy knock-off stuff myself personally, but I can't help it if the next person wants to.

This wing is quite costly. I'm sure more people would have it on their Fit if the price was half that of the original. I could of purchased the Spoon duckbill, but that was too rampant. I wanted something different, and my goal is to build a JDM Fit RS. This wing is really extreme looking & not for everyone.

I agree it doesn't even come close to looking stock.

But this is my goal in the end:

*I forgot to mention, the wing does hit the stock antennae when the trunk is open.
i agreee the J's Fit is VERY SICK looking
if i didn't already have a Sporty car at home..i would turn my fit into the j's one but since i do...i want VIP fit
haha

Old 01-18-2009, 02:52 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by FELIXY69
i agreee the J's Fit is VERY SICK looking
if i didn't already have a Sporty car at home..i would turn my fit into the j's one but since i do...i want VIP fit
haha
You mean Noblesse VIP? Nice! Lately, I've been contemplating doing a J's Racing Fit w/Noblesse kit so it doesn't look the same as everyone doing a JDM conversion. + The Noblesse kit is out-of-production.... thereby guaranteeing that your ride is going to be unique for a long time.

OR

Maybe you'll have to save that bumper for me that you have for sale in the other thread.

Last edited by junktea1; 01-18-2009 at 03:22 AM. Reason: + Noblesse pics
Old 01-18-2009, 11:02 PM
Banned
Location: Negative Repland (exiled by fragile ego's and "can't handle the truth" babies) LMFAO ;P
any drilling required?
do you use the sports drill holes?
any modding required or does it just bolt up?
how much does the the wing hit the antenna?......does the hatch open all the way or do u have to unscrew the antenna to open the hatch or do u bend the antenna?
does CB = carbon fiber = CF?

thx

Old 01-19-2009, 05:03 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by SFactor2
any drilling required?
how much does the the wing hit the antenna?......does the hatch open all the way or do u have to unscrew the antenna to open the hatch or do u bend the antenna?

thx
i read on a web site that is an official distributor for j's racing. it says it should bolt in to the sport spoiler holes so no drilling.

it does hit the antenna. you can get a shorty antenna so it won't hit.

Old 01-19-2009, 02:13 PM
Banned
Talking

Originally Posted by revd34
i read on a web site that is an official distributor for j's racing. it says it should bolt in to the sport spoiler holes so no drilling.

it does hit the antenna. you can get a shorty antenna so it won't hit.
Wow! Thanks for managing this thread.

Old 01-20-2009, 03:14 AM
5 Year Member
lol. i get bored. when i check my e-mail, i get update this thread update that thread. every once in a while i actually open them up or just check that thread. i actually hoping to see a pic of the whole car to see what the wing would look like on a sport kit fit so i kept coming back.

Old 01-20-2009, 11:18 AM
Banned
Location: Negative Repland (exiled by fragile ego's and "can't handle the truth" babies) LMFAO ;P
even though the web site states that "it fits", i would like an actual owner to plz verify (junktea)

Old 01-20-2009, 05:22 PM
Banned
any drilling required?

thx
even though the web site states that "it fits", i would like an actual owner to plz verify (junktea)
1. No drilling for the Sport model unless you have a base Fit/GD3. I can't make any statement as to the GE8 compatibility.
2. Yes, I used the Sport OEM drilled holes that Nihonjin drilled in Japan. *Trivia question: What city in Japan is the USDM Fit built in?
3. No modding required. Everything bolts on. You mount the brackets first. Then bolt the wing onto the brackets. This takes some time, so as to avoid scratching the edges between the trunk and the roof.
4. The wing hits the antenna half way. Yes, it does bend. The antenna won't break, but if you are constantly opening your trunk, remove it. The antenna does become slightly bent. You can always bend it back. Its rubber!
-If I have to contantly open the trunk, e.g. packing stuff, I'll just remove the antenna and install it back later. Easier than a light bulb.
5. CB = Carbon fiber. I meant carbon fiber in my first posting. J's does offer a fiberglass wing for <$100 less, but for that price, your better off getting the carbon one rather than painting it gloss black.

Last edited by junktea1; 01-20-2009 at 05:27 PM. Reason: Typos
Old 01-21-2009, 09:08 AM
Banned
1. No drilling for the Sport model unless you have a base Fit/GD3. I can't make any statement as to the GE8 compatibility.
2. Yes, I used the Sport OEM drilled holes that Nihonjin drilled in Japan. *Trivia question: What city in Japan is the USDM Fit built in?
3. No modding required. Everything bolts on. You mount the brackets first. Then bolt the wing onto the brackets. This takes some time, so as to avoid scratching the edges between the trunk and the roof.
4. The wing hits the antenna half way. Yes, it does bend. The antenna won't break, but if you are constantly opening your trunk, remove it. The antenna does become slightly bent. You can always bend it back. Its rubber!
-If I have to contantly open the trunk, e.g. packing stuff, I'll just remove the antenna and install it back later. Easier than a light bulb.
5. CB = Carbon fiber. I meant carbon fiber in my first posting. J's does offer a fiberglass wing for <$100 less, but for that price, your better off getting the carbon one rather than painting it gloss black.
thx 4 reply
by fit was born in suzuka (guess that's why it handles soo good lol)

Quick Reply: J's Racing 3D GT-WING Wet Carbon Review