Fit Exterior Modifications & JDM Styling Discussions about about exterior modifications, body-work, body-kits and JDM body styling

Sport body trim

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2006, 11:41 AM
Sport body trim

Two dealers have said they can remove the sport kit hanging off the side body panels and the front. Has anyone seen this or does anyone have pictures of a Sport so modified?? Thanks, JK

Old 05-10-2006, 11:52 AM
well i believe i might do something like that when i get my fit, such as take off the teeny wing. i would love to see some pics of a wingless fit sport.

Old 05-10-2006, 12:47 PM
I would be very interested in any after pics if somebody does this.

Old 05-10-2006, 01:17 PM
Master FitFreaker
yea that............

Old 05-10-2006, 03:08 PM
Originally Posted by atlas
well i believe i might do something like that when i get my fit, such as take off the teeny wing. i would love to see some pics of a wingless fit sport.
But then there are holes showing, right? That is what I've heard. I wonder whether or not the small body-panel to which the wing bolts is easily replaceable? In other words, can we get the panel from a base Fit instead of having a body-shop fill the holes and re-paint...

Old 05-10-2006, 04:18 PM
Sport body trim

I don't have any doubts that the dealer can remove the stuff without marring the body work. Otherwise I wouldn’t drive it off the lot. However I would like to see what it looks like or hear from anyone who has done it before I buy a brand new car and make major alterations. I would rather that Honda provided an option without all of this stuff on it. Then a buyer would know what he is buying.

Old 05-15-2006, 01:09 AM
June 2007 1st Place Fit of the Month Winner
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by atlas
thats sounds interesting

Old 05-15-2006, 01:51 AM
5 Year Member
Wait....why would you buy a Fit Sport if you were just gonna take all the kit off?
Wouldn't a Fit Base have made more sense?
weird...

Old 05-15-2006, 01:30 PM
I want to do the samething to the sport. I buy it for the white on black.

Old 05-15-2006, 11:00 PM
June 2007 1st Place Fit of the Month Winner
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GoFits
Wait....why would you buy a Fit Sport if you were just gonna take all the kit off?
weird...
well you can always put it back on

Old 05-15-2006, 11:36 PM
Master FitFreaker
Originally Posted by Paulo107
well you can always put it back on

Old 05-16-2006, 05:43 AM
You can remove the side skirts but you will be left with about 6 square holes in the actual metal underneath. The holes take clips to hold the skirts up. The base models don't have these holes. I know this because I have removed my Sport Skirts to fit Mugen ones. This is for UK model, but I assume it would be the same for US models too.

Al.

Old 05-16-2006, 09:38 AM
weird...
What if you want cruise control, alloys and a better stereo, but are not into the Pontiac look - with all the plastic add ons.

Last edited by DRum; 05-16-2006 at 09:43 AM.
Old 05-16-2006, 12:30 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by DRum
What if you want cruise control, alloys and a better stereo, but are not into the Pontiac look - with all the plastic add ons.
Meh, I think the "add ons" give it more character.
Otherwise, it's just Generic microboxwagon 0001....

But thinking about it more..I can see why some may prefer the, well, less cluttered look of the base model.

*edit:I totally forgot the sport comes with cruise...I do a lot of highway and was kinda worried about that.

Old 05-16-2006, 02:34 PM
5 Year Member
I am surrounded on the highway by monster gas guzzlers. The more metal and the more "presence" my car has, the better. With all the shiny silver "armor" hanging off it, I was thinking of getting it a saddle blanket and strapping on a jousting pole. The point should be about level with the top of a Lincoln Navigator tire. (Oh, and a flag tied to the antenna -- I need to come up with a coat of arms.)

Old 05-16-2006, 03:45 PM
Originally Posted by FondaFit
I am surrounded on the highway by monster gas guzzlers. The more metal and the more "presence" my car has, the better. With all the shiny silver "armor" hanging off it, I was thinking of getting it a saddle blanket and strapping on a jousting pole. The point should be about level with the top of a Lincoln Navigator tire. (Oh, and a flag tied to the antenna -- I need to come up with a coat of arms.)
You need a jousting pole in the front to counter the idiots who leave their tow balls on their SUV's - kinda makes bumpers superfluous.

Old 05-18-2006, 07:54 PM
5 Year Member
Meh, I think the "add ons" give it more character.
Otherwise, it's just Generic microboxwagon 0001....

But thinking about it more..I can see why some may prefer the, well, less cluttered look of the base model.
So many base haters out there, where's the love?

Old 05-22-2006, 06:40 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by hatchgeek
So many base haters out there, where's the love?
I don't see how I'm "hatin" in the Base...

I couldn't see why people would want to remove their Sport bodykits...having paid a substantial amount to get a Sport you'd kinda think you'd want to leave it a Sport...

I was going to get a Base but I'd rather have the extras that come standard on the Sport...I just wish it didn't take so dammmmmmmmmnnnnnn lonnnnnngggg to get one.

Old 05-24-2006, 02:04 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by DRum
You need a jousting pole in the front to counter the idiots who leave their tow balls on their SUV's - kinda makes bumpers superfluous.
I think our small Fit's have a loud enough horn to be heard and feared!!

Old 06-13-2006, 11:34 PM
Still looking for pictures and "words of wisdom" on the removal of the sport trim stuff.

I hate to pay the extra for this stuff, but as long as its the only way to get all the other good stuff I don't see a choice other than to hold off on my purchase until they offer this or until the next generation!

Quick Reply: Sport body trim