Fit Exterior Modifications & JDM Styling Discussions about about exterior modifications, body-work, body-kits and JDM body styling

the VERY FIRST Projector Headlight for USDM Fit

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2009, 02:51 PM
5 Year Member
Yeah, first OEM type comes out without me having to bake mine open gets my $$$. Sorry, but those are pretty terrible.

Old 12-22-2009, 05:02 AM
5 Year Member
damn those look sick

Old 12-22-2009, 08:14 AM
They look like crap.

Old 12-22-2009, 12:07 PM
5 Year Member
i agree with most people that say it's just your standard issue "rice lights". And yes, it's most definitely a GE light, look at that bulge on the parking light! They look somewhat close to the OEM style but i think the usage of 2 different bulbs ruins everything... If it had one huge projector it would look pretty great, but since there is a high beam housing, it makes the shape of the headlight look really awkward. Probably if they enlarged the low beam projector to offset sizes it'd be much more balanced

edit: nvm 2 beams is just fail

Last edited by accordguyintake; 12-22-2009 at 12:09 PM.
Old 12-22-2009, 12:50 PM
5 Year Member
My feedback:

Name:  rice.jpg
Views: 896
Size:  48.8 KB

Old 12-23-2009, 03:30 PM
wow..thank you for all the feedback.....

I do agree of people say" simple is better", but actually you can choose not to connect the HALOs or LEDs, so you can different combination on how the headlights look in your vehicle.

and btw, i just had one of my friend with a 08 GD Fit to do a test fit, and the shape is totally off, and i now confirmed that this headlight is for the 2nd generation GE. (i am sorry, i am new to fit, i liked it, but it didnt studied it that much)

anyways, i have couple more pictures of the headlights.

Name:  IMG_0485.jpg
Views: 890
Size:  54.1 KB

Name:  IMG_0486.jpg
Views: 917
Size:  37.9 KB

and we looking for some test fit, if you want to be the first one to try it on, no matter if you are close by or in a different States, please let us know. you can either PM me, or you can reach me at stephen@carpart4u.com (prefered)

thank you

Old 12-23-2009, 06:29 PM
Administrator
5 Year Member
even if you don't plug in the led or halos...they are still gaudy and un attractive. hard sell here in the states unfortunately.

Old 01-23-2010, 03:45 AM
5 Year Member
I actually like them, but like other said, i would get rid of the angel eye if there are LEDs.

Old 08-01-2010, 09:12 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by FITMugen
These are for GE8, not GD3.

I saw it on eBay as well. The seller is an Honda dealer in Taiwan. He confirmed that the USDM FIT GE8 and JDM FIT headlight part numbers are the same.
I contact the seller of these lights
and he said they are for GD3 not GE8

Old 08-01-2010, 11:19 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by alanchan
I contact the seller of these lights
and he said they are for GD3 not GE8
The seller obviously doesn't know what he's talking about.

These are for GE8s, look at the housing, the GD3 is round at the back, but the GE8 is straight.

HOWEVER, these are NOT for USDM GE8s. I know, I have them... and the upper mounts are too out of place, seems like EDM/JDM.

JDM GE8 Fits start in 08, right? so that's why you'll find them online listed as 08-09, but sellers don't double check the product to find that they DON'T fit USDM. And yet, they're trying to sell to USDM owners... so it gets messy, because USDM GE8s never were 08's... even though that's why there's an 8 in GE8.

If it doesn't fit a USDM GE8, they assume it's for the GD3... instead of the correct answer: non-USDM GE8s.

Even though the upper mounts don't line up, with a little work (5 minutes each side) you get get them to fit in USDM Fits. Put some more effort (making a plate adapter) and you'd never care that it wasn't supposed to be for USDM.

Old 08-02-2010, 03:32 PM
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by wait4thefit
angel eyes look like crap. The line of leds or whatever look like crap. These are just your basic "ricer" headlights. Someone needs to come out with a simple set out head lights that look like oem but black housing and have projectors
couldn't agree more and make sure they're for both the gd and ge and the blacked out look is a must!

Old 08-02-2010, 06:08 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Klasse Act
couldn't agree more and make sure they're for both the gd and ge and the blacked out look is a must!
Taste, varies from person to person... and the halos/LEDs haven't put me off yet (then again, I haven't wired them up yet either).

I'm not sure what you meant by "both"... a single version that fits both? or just having a version for each? Since the headlights wouldn't be interchangeable due to the shape, I can only assume you meant a version for each.

For the GE8, the closest we got for projector without halos/LEDs is the headlights on the concept Honda Mugen F154SC Fit.

YouTube - Mugen Honda FIT F154SC at Tokyo Auto Salon 2008

As for the GD3... Honda Fit/Jazz Led and Projector Headlights Lamps

Old 08-02-2010, 08:19 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by wdb
Gotta agree with everyone who says they're overkill on the glam and probably underwhelming in function. Too bad.
I agree with wdb...

Old 08-05-2010, 01:18 AM
5 Year Member
Name:  ThreadIsGoingNowhere.jpg
Views: 810
Size:  23.6 KB

no where

Old 08-05-2010, 02:21 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by fitted08

no where
WOW, you dig up a two day old thread that's been sitting quietly, just to post that.

If you think it's not going anywhere... maybe you should just let it die.

You remind me of the idiot fanboys of games... they hate a competing game SO MUCH, that they have to create an account on the forum for the game they hate, to rag on it. And THEN claim they "couldn't care about the game."

So again, maybe in the future, how about you save yourself a couple of keystrokes and some mouse movement (or even voice control time)... by just ignoring threads you feel aren't important (anymore).

And save the rest of us, or at least me, from judging you poorly.

Old 08-05-2010, 09:47 AM
5 Year Member
i think you should of saved some "keystrokes" by not writing a small paragraph i believe the point might have possible been reached with way less words, def way less ''mouse movements'' iv never had anyone judge me wrong on this site, and if i post something like this and your the first to do so well then im doing pretty good then.

Old 08-05-2010, 05:28 PM
5 Year Member
i think you should of saved some "keystrokes" by not writing a small paragraph i believe the point might have possible been reached with way less words, def way less ''mouse movements'' iv never had anyone judge me wrong on this site, and if i post something like this and your the first to do so well then im doing pretty good then.
So, you think that taking my post and "throwing" it back at me is a valid argument?

As for "nobody" judging you wrong... that's not something I care about, definitely, not something I would be arrogant enough to say.

BTW, you've only been here 3 months... if you've been here, say 3 years... maybe that would have more merit.

Old 08-05-2010, 09:04 PM
I like those concept lights.

Old 08-05-2010, 10:31 PM
5 Year Member
guess your right iv only been on here a sort while, who am i to fight with a 32yr old with halo's

Old 08-05-2010, 11:51 PM
5 Year Member
who am i to fight with a 32yr old with halo's
What a (not so) interestingly underhanded attack.

And just how old are you, that my age and my own tastes should be mocked?

So what if I like halo leds. Are you accusing me of being a ricer? A wannabe?

I assure you, there are much easier and more obvious things that can be done to my car to look like such. I won't go into detail as what, because there are people that have done them for more legitimate reasons. And I don't want to insult them.

In any case, this conversation bores me. It has simply boiled down to you trying to make yourself look "superior" to me (by mentioning the halo). I can egg you on all week long, but that isn't even all that interesting.

That being said, I'll wave the "white flag."

Quick Reply: the VERY FIRST Projector Headlight for USDM Fit