Fit Exterior Modifications & JDM Styling Discussions about about exterior modifications, body-work, body-kits and JDM body styling

hood deflector fitment 2012 fit sport

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2016, 09:00 PM
need help with hood deflector fitment for 2012 fit sport

hey, brand new (used) fit owner. new to the forum as well, but have been using this place as an excellent resource. picked up a 2012 tafetta white sport with under 60k a couple weeks ago for a good price with my trade-in 05 si hatch.

so far, i've put the all season oem mats in, got a nice cover for the entire rear of the car to contain the pup and her fur, did the wiper mod, did a surprisingly clean install of the universal rally armor mud flaps (not perfect, but i'm happy), zeta bumper protector, door sill trim is on the way, it came with the cargo liner and window deflectors, and i have the hood deflector.

problem is, tried to install the hood deflector, and found the metal clips are far from close enough to the holes in the bottom of the hood. in fact, bent and scratched the brackets trying to get the expansion pins to fit through into the hood. car is fine, but i really wanted to install this piece to protect the hood.

purchased from ebay: NEW 2009-2013 Honda Fit Genuine OEM Hood Air Deflector 08P47-TK6-310CH
- the seller was baffled. i did some searching, but failed to find a solution.

anyone know if these aren't meant to be applied to the sport? i can maybe modify my installation to make it work, but i'm thinking the brackets really ought to be closer for a clean and stable install. thanks, and hello.

Last edited by endofpage1; 12-09-2016 at 05:10 AM. Reason: clarification of post
Old 12-09-2016, 01:01 AM
5 Year Member
(Hey there, be sure to use paragraphs and proper punctuation. Its a little hard to read your post).

I have the same hood deflector and didn't have any issues here. One thing I did have trouble with is you have to push the metal clips all the way flush onto the hood there can't be any gap so you will have to push with some force so they sit flush.

This photo isn't a fit, but you can see that the clip has to be pushed all the way to the edge of the hood with no gap.

good luck!

Attached Thumbnails hood deflector fitment 2012 fit sport-31928d1312733091-hood-protector-install-problem-hood_small.jpg  
Old 12-09-2016, 01:03 AM
5 Year Member
Here is the deflector on my hood.

Attached Thumbnails hood deflector fitment 2012 fit sport-dztdibw.jpg  
Old 12-09-2016, 05:22 AM
Originally Posted by Mr.Hollow
Here is the deflector on my hood.

thanks for the reply; added paragraphs/breaks in the original post to make it easier to read. i had the clips tapped all the way into the hood edge, with no space between the end and the clip.

underneath, however, the way the clips are angled has them lined up perfectly with the holes, but with a gap of half an inch to three quarters, i'd estimate.

i sent photos of the brackets (off the car) to the seller, asking if maybe the wrong ones were included somehow. the deflector looks great on your car, but appears to be a different model, maybe. the only word on mine is "fit" in the right corner, i think.

at this point, i need new protective tape and brackets anyway, as the brackets got a little bent, though still not close enough.

Old 12-16-2019, 02:35 AM
HI, We are not talking about the same part. I'm referring to the rubber cooling duct that attaches under the hood.