Fit Exterior Modifications & JDM Styling Discussions about about exterior modifications, body-work, body-kits and JDM body styling

best way to protect bumpers and doors?

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2006, 03:26 PM
best way to protect bumpers and doors?

Since the fit doesn't have built-in door or bumper guards, what's the best way to protect them from parking lot dings and scratches?

thanks!

Old 11-06-2006, 03:35 PM
mwr
5 Year Member
This is probably obvious but the surest way to avoid parking lot dings etc. is to park carefully, at the end of an aisle if possible (to expose only one side of the car to any possible hazards) and better still, out in the nether reaches of a parking lot where few cars are parked. I'd rather do a little more walking than let some clod slam his door or shopping cart into my car. I tend to keep cars a long time and as long as I'm the one that's driving them they stay nice.

Old 11-06-2006, 04:13 PM
Thumbs up How to avoid parking lot dings

I couldn't agree with you more. I drive to the back of the lots, with all of the other new (read owner's who care about their cars) or look like new cars and park, then walk to the store.

Can't you park out a ways, walk and get your exercise? Don't we each need to burn a few extra calories each day? Save your life and safe your doors!

Old 11-06-2006, 04:22 PM
5 Year Member
This is true, and I do these things. However, what do you do when the parking lots are full (with the Holidays approaching, this is more common...)

Or, you still get some dufus who decides that pushing shopping carts around with their old, beat up pickup is a cool game, to see who then can ram with them!!

I'm not too concerned about the bumpers (plastic) but I am more concerned about the doors (metal.)

Old 11-06-2006, 05:06 PM
Question Christmas parking idiots

There are limits to what one can accomplish during the Christmas Shopping Season! I also try to park on the end spots whenever possible to limit my liability to only one side! There is always the answer, "take the bus" , but I know that isn't always possible!

My daughter has a silver, sport, manual! She has had hers for over 2 monthes. I have had a white, sport manual on order since July, same time my daughter placed her $500 down to hold her spot.

How do you like the auto? Did you order a sport version? How long did it take to get your red one?

Old 11-06-2006, 07:56 PM
Yes, the park-where-they-can't-hit-you advice is good...but what about on the street? I don't have a garage, so I need to park in front of my house in Los Angeles. My last car never got a single dent on either side, but both bumpers got dinged into oblivion over six years...any way to protect those?

My FIT Sport is blue, BTW. I heard that my dealership had gotten one, showed up a half hour before they opened this past friday, and was out of there within 30 minutes with my new car.

JOY!

Old 11-06-2006, 08:13 PM
grab some traffic cones and set them in front and behind your car xD and for the holiday seasons, just order everything online, saves the trip to the mall where dings are possible

Last edited by firstshadow; 11-06-2006 at 08:21 PM.
Old 11-06-2006, 08:18 PM
haha, firstshadow, that's a great idea - but in my part of LA, that would probably attract vandals....

I need a garage.

Old 11-06-2006, 08:51 PM
I agree ......SHOP ONLINE! Only way for me......

Old 11-07-2006, 11:45 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by blukazam
How do you like the auto?
Love the auto, don't like the gas mileage.

Did you order a sport version?
Yep. Only one for me!! Cruise, stereo, mp3 plug, fogs, wheels, just what I wanted.

How long did it take to get your red one?
I placed my deposit on April 12th, and took delivery on May 17th. I'm approaching 13K miles.

Old 11-07-2006, 09:32 PM
5 Year Member
yes all of the above... Also this: If you park your car for long periods outside concider a car cover... really. Lots of advantages. I will just mention one besides door dent protection. I have had many days in which I went out to my car to remove the cover and drove away with a very clean car. Wearas other peopl on certain days would have polin or dust and many other things on there cars.... People seem to be more carefull when they are around a car with a cover. One of the best points of a cover is the rule out of site out of mind.... Do you get what I am saying? take care and good luck

Old 11-12-2006, 11:01 PM
5 Year Member
What's wierd is when you park far away from other cars and when you come back, some lady or whatever parks right next to you! Despite theres many parking spots all around.

Old 11-13-2006, 06:02 PM
Where did you buy your storm silver MT cover? You aren't afraid someone will just take the cover with them? I have used a cover before, but only in my carport to try to avoid the cat prints from the neighbor's feline.

Old 11-13-2006, 06:04 PM
When I park far away I usually am not the first car there. I have noticed that the others parked far away are spotless, newer and really cherry cars. Perhaps that other car's owner just wanted to have a nice-looking car without dents like yours!

Old 11-13-2006, 06:06 PM
Originally Posted by soulbarn
Since the fit doesn't have built-in door or bumper guards, what's the best way to protect them from parking lot dings and scratches?

thanks!
So Honda don't offer door guards in US? Honda Sweden (and Europe I suppose) offers something called "City pack" for the Jazz which includes door guards.