Fit Freak Newbie / FAQs New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted. FAQs will also be answered here.

Newish Fit Owner in WA

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2019, 12:03 PM
5 Year Member
Newish Fit Owner in WA

Greetings!

Long time lurker. I signed up for an account a while ago so I could use the better search function for when I had to find out why my wife's car was broken. I used to autocross and daily a 2011 CR-Z, but recently sold it so my wife could buy a new car. We got her a new Subaru Outback, so I now inherited her 2010 Fit Sport. I don't know if I'm going to autocross the Fit since it's nearing 170k. It currently has an HPS short ram intake and is on Koni Oranges with RSR Down Sus springs. I'm planning on putting the Sport front bumper back on (she was in an accident a few years ago and the Sport bumper was out of stock everywhere), getting the Wilwood caliper kit, Spoon Sports front sway bar, other various suspension bits, and possibly an exhaust. I don't want to sink too much money into the car since I went a little crazy with the CR-Z, but I don't mind dropping some money here and there on it.

Here we are in Utah on our drive from Florida to Washington.

Last edited by ArtJDM; 07-17-2019 at 12:10 PM. Reason: Added image
Old 07-17-2019, 01:34 PM
5 Year Member
nice looking crz there

I believe some of the parts on ge8 are interchangeable with your crz

you have nice plans for that car, I predict that you will end up using it in auto-x , lol

Old 07-17-2019, 07:15 PM
Super Moderator
Love the CR93s and Spoon calipers!

Old 07-17-2019, 09:07 PM
5 Year Member
Welcome to the forum! Both cars look great.

Old 07-18-2019, 12:16 AM
5 Year Member
Thanks! The only thing that was really easily swappable was the RSB, but I feel like the torsion rear suspension is already like a giant RSB and adding another one doesn't do much. The only thing I wanted to pull was the the Spoon FSB, but that was more effort than I wanted to put into. Also, I didn't have the stock one to put back on the CR-Z. I'll get another one eventually. My main priority is putting the Sport front end back on it. I feel like if I don't do that, I'll become content with the base, which I'm not really a fan of, and just leave it how it is. I'm not ruling out getting back into autocross, but I sank a ton of time and money into the CR-Z to fine tune it for how I race, and I'm not really in a place where I want to do that again. Right now, I just want to get it looking good and running well. Other stuff will come later.

Old 08-12-2019, 09:54 AM
5 Year Member
What do you think of the RSR springs? I'm looking at a set on my GK but don't really have any experience with the brand. Have they stood up over time?

Old 08-12-2019, 11:47 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 2Rismo2
What do you think of the RSR springs? I'm looking at a set on my GK but don't really have any experience with the brand. Have they stood up over time?
It's hard to say how they hold up as I've only hand them on for, maybe, two months, my wife was driving the car for about a month of that, and I drive about 20 miles a week. It's really hard to screw up springs though. Seems as though guys here who a run ebay springs here say that they're "alright."

RSR have been around for a little while now. Their website says they started in the 80s. I went with them, and specifically the Down Sus, because it's a very mild drop, only about an inch all around. They are slightly stiffer than OEM, so you feel it a bit more when you're going over train tracks or something, but I don't feel like it's ruined the ride quality. It's just stiff enough for me to think the car is hilarious when I chuck it into a corner.

Old 08-12-2019, 12:30 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ArtJDM
It's hard to say how they hold up as I've only hand them on for, maybe, two months, my wife was driving the car for about a month of that, and I drive about 20 miles a week. It's really hard to screw up springs though. Seems as though guys here who a run ebay springs here say that they're "alright."

RSR have been around for a little while now. Their website says they started in the 80s. I went with them, and specifically the Down Sus, because it's a very mild drop, only about an inch all around. They are slightly stiffer than OEM, so you feel it a bit more when you're going over train tracks or something, but I don't feel like it's ruined the ride quality. It's just stiff enough for me to think the car is hilarious when I chuck it into a corner.
Yeah I googled them and looked like they've been around, but I don't know anyone who ran them and I've got no experience with them either. I'm also looking at the Down Sus because of the mild drop. My GK is already low enough and I'll be moving into a house where the curb transition to the drive way looks suspect lol

Thanks for the review!

Old 08-13-2019, 10:36 AM
Welcome and nice crz.