Fit Freak Newbie / FAQs New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted. FAQs will also be answered here.

Should I buy a Fit?

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 12:24 PM
5 Year Member
Should I buy a Fit?

Hello all, first post here.

I've been searching for a new car for a while now and nothing has sparked my interest at all. There are negatives to everything I find. However I've just test driven a Fit last week and liked it, not to mention I couldn't find anything I didn't like that would prevent me from making the purchase. Right now I drive a 1999 Mitsubishi Diamante that I will be trading in. I've had it for about 5 years now and I'm ready for something new just not 100% sure yet on the Fit. I've seen there are a few issues with wind noise, gas cap CEL, not so great paint, and so on but nothing to bad. It's a Honda so I expect reliability to be good. The dealer just got in a Black 5 speed off the truck and I'm supposed to go pick it up tomorrow, I just want to make sure it's the car for me. Anyone have anything they could add or mention that make help me in my purchase?

As it is the car has a lot of positives.

It's a Honda.
Gets great mileage and runs on 87 octane.
I thought it was comfortable.
5 speed (Current car is Auto and boring)
Comes with everything I need.
Pretty cool looking.
It's under Warranty

The few dislikes.

A little low on power, would be nice if it had 150hp or so but oh well it's not a race car.
No Armrest, how lame. But I see I can order one so it's ok I suppose.
The fact that it's BRAND NEW and I'll be even more crazy about where I park and so on.
Oh and I wanted to get it tinted but it has 10 freakin windows, thats gonna be pricey.

If all ends well I should be driving out of the dealer in a Black Fit Sport Manual tomorrow night.

Old 06-25-2007, 01:22 PM
5 Year Member
It gets rave reviews from all the auto mags! For the money, I'm convinced it's the best thing available (which is why we bought one). Take your time and drive the competitors though. This decision is going to be with you for a while, regardless of what you go with.

Good luck

Old 06-25-2007, 02:43 PM
5 Year Member
Yea, I found some reviews where it did really well. Which also helped me make my decision.

I won't bother driving the competitors because all either lack something I want/need or I find them to be atrocious looking. So no matter what I wouldn't have one in my driveway. In fact I really wasn't into the market at all for a new car let alone a sub-compact but the Fit just really stuck out to me. It drove well, I like Honda, and for some reason it just seems to fit. (No pun intended, haha)

Old 06-25-2007, 05:40 PM
5 Year Member
If your looking to buy a MR/MT,,,
,,,,,,,,, DON'T DO IT,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
just send it to No. Ca to my dealer so I can have it,,,,

Old 06-25-2007, 08:50 PM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
I've had my Fit for over one month now and could not be any happier. The thing is zippy! I have to say I've notice that once you get past
1st gear the power is there. It is really not that bad in the noise department - I always have my CD blarring anyway! The paint has not been a problem. I have the Milano Red Sport and it has been so much fun to drive and own. Yes, I am still parking in the back 40 with it and searching out the widest spots in the employee parking building to put it.The nicest thing is when people actually stop to ask you about the car. Not too many in our area so people are always looking at it trying to figure it out. My vanity plate says it all "Fit 2 Go"

Cat :x

Old 06-25-2007, 09:39 PM
I have had mine for a month and I have no complaints with any of the stuff you mentioned, or anthything else other than there are a few blind spots that suck when trying to make quick lane changes....

Old 06-26-2007, 08:46 AM
5 Year Member
There is a mr/mt for sale here but I didn't want Red. It only has 100 miles on it. Thanks all for the info, hopefully I'll pick up mine tonight. I've never seen one here before and on my way home last night I was next to one for about an hour, I think it was a sign.

Old 06-26-2007, 03:42 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Polish
There is a mr/mt for sale here but I didn't want Red. It only has 100 miles on it. Thanks all for the info, hopefully I'll pick up mine tonight. I've never seen one here before and on my way home last night I was next to one for about an hour, I think it was a sign.
who ,,,who,,,in there right mind could pass on a MR/MT,,,,,you're insane and not very nice for not buying it for me,,,

Old 06-27-2007, 10:25 AM
5 Year Member
Well I am now officially a Fit owner. I picked up the NBP Fit Sport Manual last night. I'd post pics but you've all seen stock ones before.

Old 06-27-2007, 12:36 PM
I cant wait to be able to say that. Congrats on the purchase.

Old 06-28-2007, 01:34 AM
I own a 3 month old mr/mt with tinted windows and around 9k miles.

/me gloats

Originally Posted by grouser
who ,,,who,,,in there right mind could pass on a MR/MT,,,,,you're insane and not very nice for not buying it for me,,,

Old 06-29-2007, 12:32 AM
5 Year Member
well I just could'nt take it anymore,,,I was gonna wait for an 08 but asked the dealer to do a dealer swap and if he can find one (MR/MT) I will buy it,,,,hope it works out!!!!!!