General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2017, 06:55 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
swapped the GK's cabin filter using FRAM CF11182

was a perfect fit.

Old 04-26-2017, 07:18 PM
5 Year Member
looking forward to wat da 2018 WRX brings. looks like u can even get recaro's now on the non-STI.

Old 05-01-2017, 07:07 AM
5 Year Member
didnt get to do much car stuff over the weekend besides motoring one of my hobby cars early saturday morning . hoping i have some time to wash my GTI mid-week after work.

as soon as my arm is better i want to do the HydroMax on the GK. my right arm's been aching pretty bad the last couple of months from wat appears to be fatigue from using the computer too much at work. been using a different setup since about 2 weeks ago and i can feel my arm finally improving.

Old 05-01-2017, 09:15 AM
5 Year Member
What did you change with your workstation that your arm is ergonomically better?

Old 05-03-2017, 07:24 PM
5 Year Member
posture mostly, raised the screen higher, changed the seat height, keyboard height and angle.

the very small movements i was doing with the mouse apparently was also a problem too. i started using a trackball where i can make big movements with my hand and it started loosening up my muscles. hope a few more weeks of this and my arm cures completely.

Old 05-07-2017, 07:11 PM
5 Year Member
so yesterday i decided to turn off eco mode and just drive around normally with my wife and kids on board in the GK. not a rocket by any means, but the car had A LOT more pep which was a real welcome surprise. ate up about 2mpg but oh well, id take that over sluggish dog driving.

i turned the eco mode on after running the errand and already my wife got the 2 mpg back driving around today on the obc. very cool.

Old 05-08-2017, 07:14 AM
5 Year Member
hopefully this coming weekend i will be able to have some time to wash and HydroMax the GK.

on my STI, going to be installing an air oil separater just as a precaution to prevent minor blow back from the engine. it's only a street driven car so i doubt i really need it but if i do end up going to the mountains down the road on a road trip, i can easily add a catch can too.

Old 05-09-2017, 10:23 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan
so yesterday i decided to turn off eco mode and just drive around normally with my wife and kids on board in the GK. not a rocket by any means, but the car had A LOT more pep which was a real welcome surprise. ate up about 2mpg but oh well, id take that over sluggish dog driving.

i turned the eco mode on after running the errand and already my wife got the 2 mpg back driving around today on the obc. very cool.
Generally despise sluggish ECO mode with only 2 exceptions:
  1. Driving on flat land with cruise control and want the AC not as cold
  2. or after having 2 extra shots in my cappacino

Old 05-10-2017, 05:55 AM
5 Year Member
@ #2

Yah as long as I am in no hurry I'm fine. Some mornings I'm fine with it I guess but I kinda look forward to the drive everyday so I'd like to enjoy it as much as I can even if it consumes a tad more gas.. Another reason why my dd is a 27mpg (at best) premium gas GTI.

Old 05-11-2017, 07:02 PM
5 Year Member
dogdamn.. my rental car place put me in a brand new kia spectro or watever it's called yesterday and i had to drive 70 miles with no cruise control in a rural area. lol i didnt know they still sold cars without cruise control. wow did the car suck.

next to the mitsubishi outlander it was nearly as bad.

Old 05-11-2017, 07:03 PM
5 Year Member
got in my wife's GK yesterday after the trip and i was like ahhhhhhhhh...

then got in my GTI today and i waz like AHHHHHHHHHHH!!

Old 05-13-2017, 06:32 PM
5 Year Member
finally got some time behind the STI today, had a good drive.

also pulled out the GK afterwards to run a couple of errands. sorry to my wife the mpg on the obc went back down to 34mpg again from 37mpg after a day of me driving. lol i tend to use "S" mode without paddles in traffic often as the throttle response is instantaneous and makes the car so much easier to drive. was too lazy to wash the car today. might slack until memorial day weekend.

i need to do the GTI's first oil change soon.

Old 05-16-2017, 07:22 PM
5 Year Member
test drove a 2017 brz limited with the brembos. not a bad car but lacks any kind of power. i liked the kind of old skool feel.. like a 1987-88 tercel my buddy had back then... interior looked nice, the center stack looked much improved from the earlier model yrs.
very good visibility for a sports car. stereo sounded pretty basic, clutch engagement was kinda high, super soft clutch like the GE's, gear box did not feel solid like my STI's... pedal position was good, was able to heel and toe even with dress shoes.

overall did not get moved.. oh well.

Old 05-17-2017, 08:20 PM
5 Year Member
Woot! Sourced a like-new key fob for my GTI. Mine got scratched up on the keypad so been wanting to replace one of the 2 for a while.

Should have it in my hands soon.

Old 05-18-2017, 07:48 AM
5 Year Member
so frikken tired today i cant believe it's not friday yet.

this weekend i need to do the GTI's first oil change. ive never done a VW but it looks kinda similar to a MINI with the filter on the engine bay side where one needs to disassemble the filter to remove the element.

on this car, while it has a lower engine shroud, the oil plug is exposed without the shroud removal so it should be a quick and easy drain. the car takes nearly 6qts. that's a lot of oil for a small block. will be using liquimoly and factory filter.

coming up near one yr of ownership, no major problems on the car. the only minor issue is that the window seals make a knocking noise on hot and humid days for some reason. i tried applying some shin-etsu grease per the internets but did not help my situation. it's quiet most of the year so ill let this go. also a very very minor issue on the sunroof visor mesh screen. the thing slides back an inch or so on its own while i drive spiritedly. not sure why they didnt put a latch or something to lock it down while it is extended.

as far as power, it has plenty. can pass most v6 cars out there no issue.
fit and finish continues to rival japanese cars. very well made.

fuel economy is not that great, 27mpg combined premium fuel. i dont care about the cost but needing to go to the gas station every frikken week is a PITA as the tank is like 12 gallons or something and the car starts warning you to get gas when reaching like 2 gallons to empty offering to find a station on its factory nav.

overall im still happy i got the car for dd. im still wondering how great the car would be in the Golf-R trim with MT.. still have that itch to try one after im done with the Z.

Old 05-18-2017, 08:20 AM
5 Year Member
...overall im still happy i got the car for dd. im still wondering how great the car would be in the Golf-R trim with MT.. still have that itch to try one after im done with the Z.
Good luck on the oil change. I also recently looked at the autobahn with perf and lighting package, did a test drive in the MT, but not the DSG. I thought it was very nice but paused at the ownership after warranty expense potential. Any regrets not getting the MT or is traffic bad enough to weigh the decision towards the automatic in your case?

Old 05-18-2017, 08:26 AM
5 Year Member
so frikken tired today i cant believe it's not friday yet.

this weekend i need to do the GTI's first oil change. ive never done a VW but it looks kinda similar to a MINI with the filter on the engine bay side where one needs to disassemble the filter to remove the element.

on this car, while it has a lower engine shroud, the oil plug is exposed without the shroud removal so it should be a quick and easy drain. the car takes nearly 6qts. that's a lot of oil for a small block. will be using liquimoly and factory filter.

coming up near one yr of ownership, no major problems on the car. the only minor issue is that the window seals make a knocking noise on hot and humid days for some reason. i tried applying some shin-etsu grease per the internets but did not help my situation. it's quiet most of the year so ill let this go. also a very very minor issue on the sunroof visor mesh screen. the thing slides back an inch or so on its own while i drive spiritedly. not sure why they didnt put a latch or something to lock it down while it is extended.

as far as power, it has plenty. can pass most v6 cars out there no issue.
fit and finish continues to rival japanese cars. very well made.

fuel economy is not that great, 27mpg combined premium fuel. i dont care about the cost but needing to go to the gas station every frikken week is a PITA as the tank is like 12 gallons or something and the car starts warning you to get gas when reaching like 2 gallons to empty offering to find a station on its factory nav.

overall im still happy i got the car for dd. im still wondering how great the car would be in the Golf-R trim with MT.. still have that itch to try one after im done with the Z.
nice! Am glad you're still happy with it. Do you still have both the z and g?

Old 05-18-2017, 11:01 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by tbFit
Good luck on the oil change. I also recently looked at the autobahn with perf and lighting package, did a test drive in the MT, but not the DSG. I thought it was very nice but paused at the ownership after warranty expense potential. Any regrets not getting the MT or is traffic bad enough to weigh the decision towards the automatic in your case?
My exact concerns. Buddy let me borrow his '13 GTI manual for a week....blast to drive. Go kart with some good power. Reliability and repair costs worry me.

Coworker has a '13 R and that thing is disgustingly insane. (in a good way)

Old 05-19-2017, 01:02 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by tbFit
Basically I hate AT. The reason for the DSG was mainly to try dual clutch to see if I could like it.. I mean most high end cars are AT now days. I still don't like it but acceptable for dd. The other reason is I needed a back up car just in case my left ankle started aching again or when my wife needed a back up car. I'm not getting any younger. I don't regret the DSG, I regret not getting a S3 if DSG.

I'm pretty much set on getting a '17 GolfR in MT soon (while keeping the GTI and STI) so I should be a happy clam.

Originally Posted by mike410b
nice! Am glad you're still happy with it. Do you still have both the z and g?
My only other car is the 16' STI.. which I luv.

Originally Posted by shinjari
My exact concerns. Buddy let me borrow his '13 GTI manual for a week....blast to drive. Go kart with some good power. Reliability and repair costs worry me.

Coworker has a '13 R and that thing is disgustingly insane. (in a good way)
I don't intend to keep my GTI for more than 30-40k miles, so I'm hoping it will last!

Old 05-19-2017, 11:33 PM
5 Year Member
Fit ---> STI is clearly the natural progression

Quick Reply: The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?