General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2017, 07:30 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan
^^ thanks for looking out for me!

the good is that my lower back is not aching as much as this am.
going to take it easy the next few days.

the bad is some faker yet again scraped their bag or roller bag against my GTI's rear bumper at work. WTF mang!

this is another reason why i NEVER take my STI or R to work. its bad enough i have a car i like getting raped while im not looking.

im going to place my gopro on the rear deck and let it record while parked.
This stresses me out so much when I take the AP1 to work.

Old 06-13-2017, 08:11 AM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
Yah people suck. Especially the ones that park at our lot.

Old 06-14-2017, 06:00 AM
5 Year Member
Again nice sig of your AP1!!

Old 06-15-2017, 08:01 AM
5 Year Member
took a while since i made a spacer for it, but got the sparco gas pedal installed on my R. soooooo much nicer.
haven't taken it out for a test drive since it was pretty stormy last night, but maybe today after work i shall take a quick spin.

going to order a factory gas assembly since i had to drill through the pedal to mount the pedal cover. the whole assembly is made out of composite (glass reinforced fiber, it seems like the stuff RC composite material is made out of) so if i decide to swap pedals i dont want to make another set of holes. lol

Old 06-15-2017, 08:43 AM
5 Year Member
Again nice sig of your AP1!!
Thanks! Happier with the car every day.

took a while since i made a spacer for it, but got the sparco gas pedal installed on my R. soooooo much nicer.
haven't taken it out for a test drive since it was pretty stormy last night, but maybe today after work i shall take a quick spin.

going to order a factory gas assembly since i had to drill through the pedal to mount the pedal cover. the whole assembly is made out of composite (glass reinforced fiber, it seems like the stuff RC composite material is made out of) so if i decide to swap pedals i dont want to make another set of holes. lol
Only you would do all of this haha

Old 06-15-2017, 04:21 PM
5 Year Member
Yah ur AP1 looks awesome.

Hahaha! . Well, it's one of the must do's for MT I thinks.

These Golfs are geared more for DSG and seems like VW used left over parts for the MT versions almost.

Old 06-15-2017, 06:46 PM
Super Moderator
My wife still has her GK so..
From GD to GE to GK to GTI!

Old 06-15-2017, 07:17 PM
5 Year Member
From GD to GE to GK to GTI to R

Old 06-15-2017, 08:29 PM
Super Moderator
done to 10char

Old 06-15-2017, 09:14 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by xxryu139xx
done to 10char
thanks.

I'm like da hatchback fanboy. K more like a fanmiddleaged-man

Old 06-16-2017, 07:58 AM
5 Year Member
meh... still havent had a chance to test drive my new pedal on the R. hopefully tonight..

i compared the position vs my STI and it's very close so it should be good.. i have no issue heel&toeing with the STI's factory pedals, so im kinda excited.. hope the shop gets back to me today so that i can order a factory replacement pedal assembly as a spare.

been looking at my R and scratching my head if i should tint it afterall.. hummmm...

Old 06-16-2017, 06:45 PM
5 Year Member
Factory pedal assembly spare on order for the R

Old 06-16-2017, 08:10 PM
5 Year Member
my kid helped me bring up a set of G dress up wheels with tires from the basement since my back isn't 100% cured yet. 60lbs+ each

he carried them like a little bozz up a flight of stairs no issue. he has a tank he wants to buy in his world of tanks game.. so guess ill buy it for him as a tip. lol

Old 06-16-2017, 08:13 PM
5 Year Member
so i gotta question for u spotifyers... i started using the app again on carplay cause i like the variation vs just listening to pandora. the issue is that when i check storage space on my iphone, spotify continues to grow and grow into a bigarse midwestern middleaged fat woman app... wtf...

without deleting the app and re-installing, is there a way not to make it get so HUGE? yet another reason why i hate spotify..

Old 06-17-2017, 07:21 AM
5 Year Member
k, take 2 of windshield replacement on my GTI taking place this am... wish me luck.
so stupid and a huge waste of my time. at least the roads are wet but not raining.

i dont feel like i missed out on a sunny dry day to go enjoy motoring my cars nor do i need to pull out
my STI and R into the rain for this service.

im going to tape up the a-pillars this time so that the guy does not add any more swirls.

Old 06-17-2017, 08:00 AM
5 Year Member
oh yah, speaking of my GTI which has the DSG gearbox, that paddle extension i installed the other day (USP brand) made my car a lot easier to shift and honestly more enjoyable to drive.

https://www.uspmotorsports.com/Inter...ons-Black.html

like how a shift knob on a MT car can make a whole world of difference, its kinda like that.
im kinda surprised how much difference it made. and it's a perfect size too, not stupid big.

these paddles turn with the steering wheel so dont want to put them huge steering column
mounted paddles.. would look too stupid.

Old 06-17-2017, 09:56 AM
5 Year Member
so while im waiting for my windshield guy to stop in (one more hr) i was checking out the new civic type-r reviews on youtube.

im sorry to say but that 0-60 time is dumb.. 5.7sec for a $35K "special R trim" 300hp car? like i said before on my GTI, my car with the piggyback does like 5.2-5.3 sec with a bit over 300ft/lbs torque, and it's not the engine that is limiting to improve the time, its the tires and just physics. unless u got sticky track tires and a rear bar or something to keep the front pushed down, i dont think one can get a street car to go much faster on a fwd car off the line.

and one might argue it's not all about off the line performance... well it kinda is for street
cause most hot hatches drive very well anyway and for most people it's the driver that will
limit the car's handling before the car.

"fastest production fwd car.." who cares. this day and age, AWD is the way to go for hot hatches and sport compacts. honda should've used their SH AWD even if it was just for acceleration to trim off one full second off their 0-60 time and even if it costed another few grand more to match Focus RS and WRX STI.. meanwhile a DSG Golf-R does 3.8sec to 60 with a simple piggyback or stage1 reflash.. and probably drives just as well as a type-r. if one's spending real money on a hot hatch, a few grand more does not mean anything... we want performance! otherwise just stick to ur Fits and improve the interior and infotainment..

Last edited by kenchan; 06-17-2017 at 10:05 AM.
Old 06-17-2017, 10:25 AM
5 Year Member
... meanwhile a DSG Golf-R does 3.8sec to 60 with a simple piggyback or stage1 reflash.. and probably drives just as well as a type-r. if one's spending real money on a hot hatch, a few grand more does not mean anything... we want performance! otherwise just stick to ur Fits and improve the interior and infotainment..
Interesting observations! And the overstated styling of the new civic and especially the type R is a hard decision to rationalize even for the hardcode honda fans. The European civic type R from a year or so back looks better than what were finally getting here in USA this year IMOH.

Old 06-17-2017, 11:17 AM
5 Year Member
CTR will probably replace my Fit, depending on how their values are holding up in spring/summer of 2018.

Old 06-17-2017, 11:30 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by tbFit
Interesting observations! And the overstated styling of the new civic and especially the type R is a hard decision to rationalize even for the hardcode honda fans. The European civic type R from a year or so back looks better than what were finally getting here in USA this year IMOH.
yah, the other issue was that the reviewers were noting not enough exhaust note... there's 3 pipes coming out the back and not much sound?

Originally Posted by mike410b
CTR will probably replace my Fit, depending on how their values are holding up in spring/summer of 2018.
im sure it's a great car.. if u dont mind explaining why you got it i suppose and not the other hot hatches out there. id probably opt for the regular civic hatch sport 6MT or the civic coupe Si over the CTR. those are better choices imho as dd's. im not brand oriented as u all have noticed. and as a weekend car..CTR too slow.

Quick Reply: The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?