General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2017, 12:19 AM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
Went to the Apple Store and they gave me a new iPod touch 6th to replace my old defective one. Woot! Very cool.

I still prefer having a dedicated music player when I really want to sink in to listening to music. . I turn on airplane mode, turn on BT and just listen through my noise cancelling sony's.

Old 06-29-2017, 12:24 AM
5 Year Member
Going back to car stuff, spent some change to do deautokey LED bulbs on my Golf R's tails and license plate lighting. Not sure why VW cheaped out on the tails while the headlamps are LED and follows steering angle.

Might do the euro tails on the GTI, not sure yet. I still like the usdm lighting pattern better. Just needs LED bulbs vs halogen.

Old 06-29-2017, 08:05 AM
5 Year Member
drove the GK last night to go to the apple store. for one thing, im not a big fan of the apple store theme as it feels like a big waiting room for kids at a car dealership. yes, lots of fun devices to play with but then again i wasnt there to buy new since i bought a new iphone7 the other day, i wanted to quickly get my ipod repaired.

there was no associate that wanted to even talk to me at first, no 'tech support' or 'customer desk' or anything labeled, not sure where the hell to go for the repair appointment i had.

on the other hand, i saw a microsoft store several stores down and it was clean and tidy, professional yet playful, very nicely laid out with an associate ready to serve at the entrance. im not even a windows guy (hell, i hate windows) and yet i liked their store better.

going back to the GK.. the headlights are weak. i really need to aim it up a tad more cause the visibility is pretty terrible and since im so accustomed to the GTI's headlights that turn with the steering i was like where is the light?! when i made a turn. hopefully i will not forget to adjust it over the 4 day weekend.. its been 2yrs since i noticed it and been lazy to adjust..

Old 06-29-2017, 06:56 PM
5 Year Member
blaaaahhhhhh...so tired today.. thought i was going to fall asleep in the middle of a manager's meeting today in the pm after my 3rd or 4th meeting of the day. problem was i sat next to the top dog so i had to keep at least the eye on his side open.

and the drive home sucked too.. rain easily adds like 30 min to my regular commute. at least i had a nice time relaxing to the tunes in my car.

Old 06-29-2017, 07:39 PM
5 Year Member
wooo~ got tracking number for my LED's. should arrive tomorrow.

problem with tail light bulb mods is u really can't see them work..lol

Old 07-01-2017, 06:35 AM
5 Year Member
K got the LEDs installed on my R. The illumination and how it turns on and off is finally looking like it should. I accidentally bought the license plate bulbs too in its dedicated housing thinking those were also halogens but no.. they were factory LED's on the R. craps...

Guess this means I'm getting another set to do my GTI cause that car I cked and it indeed uses halogens. Plus the store gave me a 20% off coupon Lol

Gotta luv LEDs.

Old 07-01-2017, 09:46 AM
5 Year Member
got the LED bulbs on order for my GTI.
might even get it before the holiday.

after running an errand this am, going to pull out my R. need to finish break in..

Old 07-01-2017, 08:19 PM
5 Year Member
alright, got the piggy back installed on my R, took her out for a quick (literally) test drive.

she was fast before, but now FAST. how fast was my R before? fast enough to stick with a v8 mustang GT no problem. now i think i am in C7 territory. with AWD, im pretty sure i will have the upper hand vs a normal driver in a C7 not that im going to be street racing anyone. lol

also got some help from my wife to connect the piggyback to my PC (im really not a windows person while she is) and programmed the boost level to match 93 octane (was set to 91). woot! cant wait for tomorrow's drive.

Old 07-02-2017, 08:32 AM
5 Year Member
alright pulling out the R today and then cleaning the interior of my GTI later. car is coming up one yr of ownership so i want to treat the leather with this VW wipe they gave me to use ..

Old 07-02-2017, 03:58 PM
5 Year Member
the R's acceleration is very fast now. l luv it. and it's a full package car, the suspension is phenomenal, handling is superb. definitely keeping the suspension stock on the R. no hint of understeer at WOT around the corners where my STI wants to understeer a little bit.

decided to tune the piggyback on my GTI as well and took it out for a spin. the throttle response improved and WOT felt very strong even on this hottish day so i was very pleased. i should get a bigger intercooler for the GTI.

now off to adding a little bit of engine oil to the R and cleaning up/maintaining the GTI's leather.

Old 07-02-2017, 05:47 PM
5 Year Member
Why did you buy the STI over the R in the first place?

Old 07-02-2017, 07:52 PM
5 Year Member
STI is aggressive and fun to drive. R is mellow and relaxing to drive (fast). they are at the extremes and brings great variety to match my moods

Old 07-03-2017, 07:41 AM
5 Year Member
couldn't get out of bed early enough to adjust the GK's headlights before dawn. going to check where the aim dial is this pm and try to do it tonight.. will use my GTI's lamps as reference.

today not much going on. im off and was going to pull out my STI but waz raining pretty hard earlier so going to wait till it dries up. also noticed traffic wasnt as light as expected per googlemaps.. going to wait at least until geezer hour before pulling out my ride.

i should be getting the tempered glass (?) screen protector for my galaxy tablet i use in the garage today. while working on my piggyback the other day i had my kid hold onto it while i read the instructions off of it, but noticed how easily i couldve dropped a tool on the screen while in the tote if i was working on the car alone. while it's a cheapo, i rather not have to spend the time reloading all the apps and settings again if i can prevent this.

Old 07-03-2017, 02:41 PM
5 Year Member
pulled out my STI for some motoring fun, had a blast. but the R is noticeably faster after the piggyback install especially. not that i really care, im not racing anyone. hope to get another round tomorrow am.

checked the GK's aim location on the headlight. duh.. its right there on the top in ur face. lol will adjust tonight.

Old 07-03-2017, 02:47 PM
5 Year Member
woot, got tracking number for the GTI's LED bulbs. should have them swapped out before the weekend.

Old 07-03-2017, 07:14 PM
5 Year Member
Haha that sucks yet funny. At least it was you who spilled it...not someone else lol.

Old 07-03-2017, 07:20 PM
5 Year Member
yah i had to think real fast! lol

Old 07-03-2017, 07:21 PM
5 Year Member
so it looks like i can do a little more programming on the GTI and R's tail lights how they illuminate. will work on it tomorrow with my kid.

Old 07-04-2017, 03:44 AM
5 Year Member
so i checked the aim on the GK, it was pretty much dead on with my GTI. so i guess it just has crappy bulbs and not so much the aim being the culprit. anyway raised it up just slightly to see if it improves any without blinding oncoming traffic.

Old 07-04-2017, 07:20 AM
5 Year Member
not sure how many of you take probiotic for your digestive suppliment but mang, i think these capsules are making me feel bloated. like i have this spare tire on my belly that ive been trying to rid and lost 10lbs since start of summer..and yet it is still there like nothing changed, rather looks worse? i know im not the most fit person but i didnt have this belly before taking probiotic regularly.

if i dont take it i get reflux and heartburn at night when i have acidic foods (pizza and tomato based sauces are especially the worst) so i need to weigh in on which is better..

here are my options:
have my pizza feel good but have a bloated belly
have my pizza feel ill have a flatter belly
no, i am not giving up on my pizza!

fak my middle aged body..

Quick Reply: The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?