General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2017, 02:29 PM
5 Year Member
Did you buy an exhaust for it?

Old 07-10-2017, 11:17 PM
aussielarry

Hi all Im a new member with a GD fit 2002 its running ok but I would like to buy another throttle body (complete) so if any one out there can help me I would be very grateful,,,,,its good to be a part of an organization that provides for the car I drive, as that model seems to be very hard to maintain here in the Philippines, due to used parts dealers few and far

Old 07-11-2017, 07:16 AM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mike410b
Did you buy an exhaust for it?
nah im running the factory S3 resonator delete kit. sounds good.

the factory piping is more than sufficient even if one goes for a larger down pipe according to the read. factory muffler has flaps that open up when additional exhaust capacity is needed. pretty cool

Old 07-11-2017, 10:18 AM
5 Year Member
had the displeasure of driving a focus sedan yesterday and today as rental.
this has got to be one of the most awkward seating position cars with terrible brake pedal position vs gas pedal. i think kias are better.

Old 07-11-2017, 12:25 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan
nah im running the factory S3 resonator delete kit. sounds good.

the factory piping is more than sufficient even if one goes for a larger down pipe according to the read. factory muffler has flaps that open up when additional exhaust capacity is needed. pretty cool
Oooo. The S3 I drove sounded the business. Thing was quick too.

Old 07-11-2017, 07:39 PM
5 Year Member
yah these cars sound good! similar but a different sound from the GTI.

Old 07-12-2017, 01:40 PM
5 Year Member
so waz flying around on a plane yesterday and tried offline pandora. the internet radio stores about an hr worth of tracks for your 4-5 favorite stations you have. pretty cool and wat waz funny is it played tracks i've never heard before which was a nice surprise.

Old 07-12-2017, 01:58 PM
5 Year Member
looks like my $600 CF intake came in. lol

Old 07-13-2017, 08:57 PM
5 Year Member
installed the intake, will take her out for a test drive on sat.

should be a noticeable difference in power.. 10whp/wtq on a 91oct GTI, should be able to net 13-15whp/wtq on my 93oct tuned R.
if i REALLY like it, ill get one for my GTI as well, i suppose.

Old 07-14-2017, 07:54 AM
5 Year Member
i should check IAT's on my GTI with the current short ram intake. can see live data off obdelven using my galaxy.

while it has a heatsheild to wall off engine bay heat, not sure how much isolation it is providing. most cai's are around 10F above ambient unless in crawling traffic so will verify this am going to work. if i see like 15F and higher constantly im going to swap it out.

Old 07-14-2017, 09:10 AM
5 Year Member
Are you using a bluetooth obd2? I was thinking of picking one up....they seem useful and inexpensive on good old amazon ($12-20).

Wish you'd post pics. lol.

Did the sound signature change with your intake on the R?

Old 07-14-2017, 04:59 PM
5 Year Member
hi shinari, yah the obdeleven is a obd2 port BT device but it only works on android so i bought a cheepo Galaxy last month. . i've not driven the R yet with the new intake so will let you know tomorrow.

so i took some measurements this am on the GTI's IAT and since it's really difficult to tell if it's the intake or the intercooler affecting the temps i just took the numbers with a grain of salt.

while the engine was cool, temp between ambient and IAT was only 5-7F on the GTI running a short ram intake with heat sheild. as oil temp went up to 200F range the IAT went up to about 15F difference but as soon as i got on the gas the temp dropped to about 8F difference.

seems like the intake i have is ample sufficient so going to keep it.

Old 07-14-2017, 07:03 PM
5 Year Member
hey my GTI passed 10K miles today. bought it like a yr ago today or yesterday or tomorrow. cant remember but it was mid-july.

my STI was making some noise from the glove box door at the hinge over some sharpish bumps on the road the past few weekends so put 2 half inch diameter short rubber shoes on the inside wall of the door where it mates with the glove box frame/dash. looks factory finish when opened, cant see from the outside.

i think it took care of the play, i couldnt replicate the noise by pulling the entire door upwards.. will find out on sunday

Old 07-14-2017, 07:05 PM
5 Year Member
have to say whenever i see the current gen STI driving around i envy.. and remember i have one too. haha thing looks so awesome with the bigarse wing. wouldnt have it any other way.

the short spoilers reminds me of hamsters's tails.. and makes the car look like a corolla or something boring. STI needs the large wing. own one like u mean it...or own the look.

Old 07-14-2017, 10:25 PM
5 Year Member
forgot to mention i saw the new civic type-R the other day. nice looking car in person, driver was an older bald guy.

im wondering if this car is going to be like the older guy's nostalgic car..

Old 07-15-2017, 08:07 AM
5 Year Member
checked tire psi this am for my monthly routine. GK, GTI, STI, and R. all showing good psi.

hummm... noticed a drop in my GTI's brake reservoir level.. i dont see any leaks on the caliper side and brakes are firm. im wondering if there is pressure built up inside the reservoir where i open it the pressure relieves and level comes up. ive had this happen on the coolant.. but it being the brake fluid i dont want to open it unless i really need to.

bought some dot4 so i can add anytime.. will keep an eye on it and add if it ever comes close to the MIN line.. it's still above the middle of MIN & MAX..

Old 07-15-2017, 08:20 AM
5 Year Member
alright, the R is ready to go for the drive this am.

will see how that new intake performs. as long as i have good sound and excellent driving feel i dont really care how much more power it has now vs before. im not racing anyone.

i hope that this concludes all performance related mods for me. i want to look for a set of wheels/tires with DWS06 for my colder temp driving. the car came with summers so.. will probably do OZ's. im really liking the 2 OZ sets i have for my GTI.

Old 07-15-2017, 12:51 PM
5 Year Member
motored the R had a great relaxing drive. yah the intake sounds great, nice turbo tone, i couldnt really tell if there was added power but the car was very quick and i like it.

cleaned her up after the drive, washed the GTI as well. now doing car laundry..

Old 07-16-2017, 11:36 AM
5 Year Member
pulled out my STI for a nice drive this am. the glove box door no longer rattled so i was very pleased about that. it didnt rattle like all the time before, but it still bothered me so this is good.

thinking about getting a few CF trim pieces to compliment the STI's interior.

Old 07-16-2017, 11:58 AM
5 Year Member
so i did just that before all these decorative parts disappear as the 2018's on both the STI and GTI/R are refreshes and manufacturers have pretty much discontinued making them.

i suppose the same for you folks working on your GK's..

Quick Reply: The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?