General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2017, 10:40 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan
lol'ed at ilx in the group as alternates at the bottom.. wtf is dat wimpy pos fwd doing in there! haha

https://www.caranddriver.com/audi/rs3
I like that the A3 is on the list twice.

And for good measure...here are the gram lights on the miata when I tried them on a few months back...that wheel gap is scary! And no, the rear isn't because of the scissor jack, its loosely sitting in place. And YES I did buy a real jack so I could stop using the emergency jack lol.

Old 11-18-2017, 11:08 AM
5 Year Member
lol'ed at ilx in the group as alternates at the bottom.. wtf is dat wimpy pos fwd doing in there! haha

https://www.caranddriver.com/audi/rs3
I think that comment could apply to the Audi A3, Mercedes CLA, and ILX. All three are wimpy front drive cars in regular trims.

Old 11-18-2017, 11:10 AM
5 Year Member
What is the height difference between the stock Miata set up and your Gram Light package?

The gaps look about the same to me. I do agree it would look better lower though.

BTW, the Gram Lights are sexy!

Old 11-18-2017, 11:36 AM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by shinjari
I like that the A3 is on the list twice.

And for good measure...here are the gram lights on the miata when I tried them on a few months back...that wheel gap is scary! And no, the rear isn't because of the scissor jack, its loosely sitting in place. And YES I did buy a real jack so I could stop using the emergency jack lol.
cool wheels, shinjari! and lol'ed at emergency jack usage comment. hahaha.

Originally Posted by GAFIT
I think that comment could apply to the Audi A3, Mercedes CLA, and ILX. All three are wimpy front drive cars in regular trims.
that doesnt make the ilx any less stupid. haha

Old 11-18-2017, 11:41 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GAFIT
What is the height difference between the stock Miata set up and your Gram Light package?

The gaps look about the same to me. I do agree it would look better lower though.

BTW, the Gram Lights are sexy!
Gram lights (kumhos) and stocks (nittos) in the pics run same size tire 205/50/15. I'd be swapping the nittos onto the gram lights since I removed the kumhos to put on the cheapo Katana brand wheels I threw on the Fit before trading it in.

Maybe I'd get new tires for the gram lights...the nittos are 5 years old...but still have plenty of meat since it didn't get driven much before I took over it. Just worry about age.

Old 11-18-2017, 11:41 AM
5 Year Member
alright, got my hair done, driving my GTI in the rain was pretty fun considering the tires were gripping pretty well for the temp and wet conditions outside.

cant say the same for this cooper-s dat was trying to follow me for some reason.
300lbs/ft+ can carry the GTI well.

Old 11-18-2017, 11:43 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by shinjari
Maybe I'd get new tires for the gram lights...the nittos are 5 years old...but still have plenty of meat since it didn't get driven much before I took over it. Just worry about age.
if they are grippy and no dry rot, i think you'll be fine.

Old 11-18-2017, 01:01 PM
5 Year Member
alright, got my hair done, driving my GTI in the rain was pretty fun considering the tires were gripping pretty well for the temp and wet conditions outside.

cant say the same for this cooper-s dat was trying to follow me for some reason.
300lbs/ft+ can carry the GTI well.
Man I need a hair cut...my guy is booked for the next 3 weeks though.

I enjoy driving in the rain...people here in SoCal though freak out when there's so much as a spilled 7-11 Super Big Gulp on the road. It slows to a stand still and everyone drives half the speed limit....wtf.

Old 11-18-2017, 01:12 PM
5 Year Member
yah my stylist is super popular too and so i book the entire year usually. already booked 2018 today. . i've known the guy since the late 80's and my wife goes to him too for her hair care needs.

i know wat you mean by socal folks driving slow in the rain! i lol'ed the first yr living in LA cause these folks drives like if they are on ice. and i'm use to driving in the snow and all

Old 11-18-2017, 01:57 PM
5 Year Member
Man, I only book my haircuts a week in advance, I'm doing it wrong.

Old 11-18-2017, 04:34 PM
5 Year Member
nah, ure doing it wrong if you are a walk in at supercuts ..

Old 11-18-2017, 04:35 PM
5 Year Member
k too drizzly and windy for spotless R to be outdoors for the GTI's wash.
going to pass the wash today. oh well. will just dress the tires tomorrow.

Old 11-18-2017, 05:33 PM
5 Year Member
Got the Miata to pass SMOG today. Woot! Can finish transferring the title over from my aunt to me now. Darn California rules. Was a nice day to drive with the top down...a nice 74°F

Also fixed the "droopy" air vents today. They weren't terrible but a sharp bump would shift them. In the process I decided to lock the keys in the car after I finished...so I got to learn how to use a wire hanger to break in. Of course the Miata is parked on the street in front of my house and 2 people walked by as I was attempting to get in...All I could think of was this.

Less than 2 minutes of trying and I was in. Maybe I should get a spare made...lol

Last edited by shinjari; 11-18-2017 at 06:01 PM.
Old 11-18-2017, 05:38 PM
5 Year Member
sounds good, shinjari! enjoy the warm weather for us too.

u mean a spare wirehanger? lol

Old 11-18-2017, 06:25 PM
5 Year Member
so yesterday one of my guests from jland wanted to visit a music instrument store so during our road trip back, i stopped by at a guitarcenter in some rural (maybe borderline suburbian town). maybe it was because of the location, but mang, their line up sucked.

he wanted to check out electric guitars and basses and yet nothing high-end in stock. i mean like our local guitar center i remember had this special room for real guitars like $5k-$10k range each. this was like almost 10yrs ago when i visited a brick and mortar guitar center so could be different now, but man.. even digital pianos i saw yesterday were a bunch of pos junk..even saw one for $499?! wtf. i had to try one out to see how shitty they were and wow, they are 150% authentic garbage. rather buy a casio or something. haha

online shopping is the way to go.

Old 11-19-2017, 06:44 AM
5 Year Member
alright, so finally got some dry weather today so going to pull out my R for a nice relaxing drive. but before that, going to adjust psi on the R and STI once more as temps dropped a good 25F since 3 few weeks ago and finally kinda settled. can't believe Nov is almost over..!

have a good sunday everyone!

Old 11-19-2017, 12:37 PM
5 Year Member
motored the R this am.. had a relaxing good time. got home, did a quick dust/QD..

now relaxing and doing some laundry. going to have lunch and then just relax the rest of the pm and evening.
temp is just below freezing so cant wash the GTI on my driveway today. oh well. maybe get a chance on Thanksgiving..

Old 11-19-2017, 04:19 PM
5 Year Member
so this am i noticed my R had this minor but recognizable bulge on the hatch top plastic interior trim visible through the rear view mirror. thought maybe the tint guy might have pulled it off and forgot to clip one of the snaps back in place. nope.

took the thing off completely only to find a harness bundle too big to clear the trim.. faking euro-precision. i moved the hardness by 8-9mm to give the trim some clearance to prevent the bulge. also heat gunned the trim to bend it back into shape. the trim was deformed enough that it would not straighten by one of the posts.

anyway just for the hell of it, like Lego, i took off my GTI's trim (no bulge) and snapped it on my R. wow, perfect fit, no bulge! then for the hell of it placed the R's trim on the GTI thinking it'll bulge.. nope, perfect fit! not sure wtf happened here, but both my R and GTI have non-bulging trims. lol! so happy.

my german R is has one good mexican VW gene now. lol

Old 11-19-2017, 06:14 PM
5 Year Member
Well thank goodness you had BOTH a GTI and R to fix this problem LOL.

Drove the Miata, ran some errands, gave our new tenant her keys to the condo we own, hung some photos in the house, yard work...took some photos of things I want to sell, which leads me up to this question.

Since Photobucket began holding pictures for random by no longer allowing 3rd party hosting for free like it has for the last 10+ years...I need to find another free service.

Not all forums are created equal and FF is one of the few that allow you to upload directly to the forum...which is what I'll do...and then relink the photos as needed. This isn't ideal. ANy of you guys familiar with flickr? Know its yahoo based and free at least.

Old 11-19-2017, 06:17 PM
5 Year Member
I now use Imgur.com. It's very basic, but works fine for online photo sharing and it's free.

I'm trying to get better about organizing and keeping my photos on a hard drive and not relying on anything online for storage. Just use it to share as needed.

Quick Reply: The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?