General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2017, 07:58 PM
5 Year Member
I PM'd the guy selling the Kraftwerks supercharger kit. May scrap the turbo kit/plan and go that route instead if it pans out. I like that it's an engineered complete package.

Old 12-21-2017, 08:00 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
for real listening, i run Yamaha HS80M's on Primaacoustic isolators with dbx 231 EQ caliberated using pink noise generators through this roland mixer i have and semi-anechoic dampers on the walls. its a simple system but sounds very good.

everything now is DAW though... i have multiple flagship workstations and digital pianos but everything is going virtual these days..

Old 12-21-2017, 08:04 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GAFIT
Nice! I think I'd like your house set up!

My house is a bit rough, but I have most of what I consider fun stuff. My garage inherited my old Yamaha receiver, CD player, and a set of so-so book shelf speakers. Gotta have the tunes when wrenching. Could be part of why I like my garage time.

After the holidays I'm going to shop for a new home theater receiver and will retire my current Yamaha to the garage. May need to come up with some better speakers to go out there as well.
sound like fun! i had this thx system before and it made watching movies SO MUCH FUN! now i just run movies through that cheapo sony stereo and it still has decent imagery even though only 2 speakers. plenty for me for now.

Old 12-21-2017, 08:05 PM
5 Year Member
at some point i realized listening to music was more for me vs watching videos.. thus i have a music room and not a TV or hometheater room. haha

Old 12-21-2017, 08:08 PM
5 Year Member
Yeah...I wish you were my neighbor. LOL

Any recommendation for a simple, but complete all in one home theater receiver? I'm talking watch a movie with the family in the living room type. Not the sit in your custom $100k home theater type.

A little research has me leaning toward the Yamaha Aventage series.

Old 12-21-2017, 08:10 PM
5 Year Member
We watch movies together so my set up has to be dual purpose. Hence the front channels are towers for my music needs. It's only a 5.1, but the room is so small, I just don't see the need for 7.1 or 7.2.

Old 12-21-2017, 10:35 PM
5 Year Member
honestly ive been away from home theater systems for over 10yrs so i do not know what is out there today. and you're right, just surrounding yourselves with speakers in a regular room is really not the way to do it as audio will just bounce off the walls, ceiling, table tops, pictures on the walls, mirrors, clocks, windows, flooring if hardwood floors, etc. etc.

the best sounding systems start with acoustic reflection control of the walls, floors, ceiling, and audio caliberation to ensure your speakers are tuned to the acoustics of the room. this is why just getting the best sounding speakers may not be the answer if your room is decorated. even a soso quality speaker can sound very good if tuned to the room properly.

if you search 'room modes' on google you will see a WHOLE BUNCH of information on how to control audio resonance of your room acoustics. i would start there, otherwise, just get a decent economically priced satelite system and enjoy your movies without going into any serious audio tuning.. bascially the JBL flip/charge speaker way. enjoy content not so much the audio detail.

Old 12-21-2017, 10:46 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GAFIT
I PM'd the guy selling the Kraftwerks supercharger kit. May scrap the turbo kit/plan and go that route instead if it pans out. I like that it's an engineered complete package.
mmmm ... i like superchargers as they are more consistent vs turbo's.
maybe for an older engine this package could be a safer way to get the umph?

Old 12-21-2017, 11:06 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan
mmmm ... i like superchargers as they are more consistent vs turbo's.
maybe for an older engine this package could be a safer way to get the umph?
Agreed. I put a supercharger on my ancient Mustang fox body along with, well...everything. It's not delicate or exacting in it's execution, but you better holy heck hang on when it starts making boost.

532 whp is nothing these days, but once you combine it with zero nannies or electronic controls, a manual transmission, and under 3000 lbs of mass, it gets interesting.

That's all I ask of our Fit. I want it to be...interesting.

Drove it the past couple of days and was reminded both how much I love the thing and how slow it is. Is very tossable and fun to drive, but boy is it beyond slow.

Old 12-21-2017, 11:26 PM
5 Year Member
have you considered maybe getting a used MT GE by any chance? that car was a good balance of quickness and agility for surface roads. it was fun to drive. still too slow for expressways in my area, but since you have canyon roads where you live. honestly i bet i could easily keep up with some of the faster sports cars out there if downhill canyon roads.

Old 12-22-2017, 06:16 AM
5 Year Member
I'm probably weird, but I prefer the way our GD drives. A close/local friend has a 2009 Sport 5mt and my Mom has a 2011 Sport 5at. I've driven them all and prefer the handling of the GD. I like the brakes and power better on the GE, but those are easy to add.

Old 12-22-2017, 07:20 AM
5 Year Member
not weird GAFIT, the GD has its own attractive driving dynamics. it's a very basic car but yet that makes it more the merrier. i enjoyed the GD when i had it too.. it reminded me of the old school honda dna.

GE was about when it started losing the old school honda and more towards 'ordinary' car.. the GK is even more so an ordinary car now..while more refined, if you want to call it that. if honda is going to refine the next gen Fit further, it needs to study the Golf harder imho..

Old 12-22-2017, 07:25 AM
5 Year Member
alright, last day at the current office today. kinda sad, i liked the current parking structure setup and the shuttles and everything. oh well.. company is expanding so needs more floor space.

hope to get the new office garage keycard today.. reallllly want to stop by the new office before heading home tonight just to check them out.. not the office, the parking structure. lol

have a good Friday everyone! going to enjoy the drive to and from work in my GTI again.

Old 12-22-2017, 07:37 AM
5 Year Member
oh yah, im heading out to the detroit auto show next month.. will definitely be checking out the MK7.5 Golf-R

i wonder if they take deposits..

Old 12-22-2017, 07:42 AM
5 Year Member
so ash was right about the new iOS slowing down older phones.. saw an article on cnn this am apple admitting to it.. saying its to prevent redundant processing to preserve the battery or some BS.

im so glad ive not updated neither my iPhone7's and iPod touch6th, and my wife has not either on the old iPhone6S. as for the company iPad, its been doing well though.. battery lasts forever on the thing. told my kid not to update his iPod touch 5th.

Old 12-22-2017, 10:32 AM
5 Year Member
I'm hoping that now that the info on the IOS slowdown is out maybe Apple will release an IOS that doesn't screw with the older phones & iPads. Fingers crossed.

Old 12-22-2017, 02:36 PM
5 Year Member
I think I'll have to replace my Mac Mini pretty soon. Its making a lot of noise on start up.

Old 12-22-2017, 02:37 PM
5 Year Member
time for MBP?

Old 12-22-2017, 04:45 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mike410b
I think I'll have to replace my Mac Mini pretty soon. Its making a lot of noise on start up.
As long as yours is one of the older unsealed ones you could probably fix it yourself. I wonder if the HD is starting to pack up.

Old 12-22-2017, 04:47 PM
5 Year Member
meh, admin was not able to get us the keycards for the new office parking today.
so i won't know until next week if the garage sucks or not. oh well..

going to take it easy rest of day and take the drive home relaxed.
still on the fence whether to get spotify premium or not.. at least u can cancel at any time

Quick Reply: The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?