General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2018, 06:59 AM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
oh yah forgot to mention carplay worked flawlessly with iOS11.3 when i tried it on my R yesterday.

alright, another week in the office no biz trips . which means i might have time to work on new proposals. should be a fun week.

have a good monday everyone!

Old 04-02-2018, 11:18 AM
5 Year Member
Mugen exhaust! It is SO quiet.

Old 04-02-2018, 12:52 PM
5 Year Member
looking good mike!

Old 04-02-2018, 01:33 PM
5 Year Member
The garage sure isn't

Old 04-02-2018, 01:37 PM
5 Year Member
that’s your summer project?

Old 04-02-2018, 02:04 PM
5 Year Member
oooooo Mugen exhaust.

Yeah I'm a Pc/Android guy...GF is a newly mac person since I bought her a mac mini 2 years ago. They make it so easy for the average user and syncing with your iphone. As a realtor its nice for her to have the same info accessible on her iphone, ipad and mac.

I've never had issues with PC hardware/software that wasn't anything I couldn't fix take care of. Had to RMA a GPU once or twice ages ago....replace an occassional HDD....but since going SSD (like apple does in most their laptops), no issues.

Busy weekend. Saw Ready Player One (fun movie that really touched on nostalgia) and Tomb Raider (decent action flick that seemed very much like the game its based on) at the the drive in, back yard work which included 3 trips to bring (24) x 50lb = 1200lbs bags of gravel home in the civic. 8 bags at a time lol.

Potentially my last session for my tattoo on my right arm. Then sunday washed cars, started to stitch the miata soft top (2 hours barely got half way) and then visited family at lunch for easter....went home and had some friends over for beers and brats for dinner.

Jammed packed! Happy Monday!

Yeah my garage is similar unfinished interior. You look like yours is wider though....or I just have too much junk in mine lol.

Old 04-02-2018, 02:14 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan
that’s your summer project?
Maybe summer of 2020, this year I just want to clean up a few details elsewhere on the house. Eventually I'll make the garage pleasant.

Originally Posted by shinjari
oooooo Mugen exhaust.
To say I'm excited about it, is to understate things haha

Yeah I'm a Pc/Android guy...GF is a newly mac person since I bought her a mac mini 2 years ago. They make it so easy for the average user and syncing with your iphone. As a realtor its nice for her to have the same info accessible on her iphone, ipad and mac.
I'm strictly Mac when it comes to computers, but man, I can't justify nearly $1k for an iPhone X when I can get a OnePlus ___ (they change numbers too quickly) for half of that.

Potentially my last session for my tattoo on my right arm. Then sunday washed cars, started to stitch the miata soft top (2 hours barely got half way) and then visited family at lunch for easter....went home and had some friends over for beers and brats for dinner.

Jammed packed! Happy Monday!
Potentially last session?

Yeah my garage is similar unfinished interior. You look like yours is wider though....or I just have too much junk in mine lol.
14' x 20' Right now a ton of space is being taken up by the HUGE OEM catback from the AP1, as well as a spare lawn mower/snow blower/grill/main lawn mower/etc.

Home ownership in the Great Lakes region requires too much junk

Old 04-02-2018, 03:06 PM
5 Year Member
yah if you’re into pc, you know wat you’re doing.

Old 04-02-2018, 03:57 PM
5 Year Member
Yeah potentially last session. Gotta see how the last parts we added heal up and see if they require a touch up. Otherwise I'm done for a long time...its the GF's turn to get more tats. This was my first tattoo and a really good friend of ours did it for me. about 20 hours split into 4-5 sessions.

Yeah top of line cell phones in general now are getting outta hand in terms of price. I mean seriously? $1000? I can build a gaming computer for less than that.

Yeah my garage is about the same size....got my motorcycle, lawnmower, workbench, storage shelf/rack/cabinet thing, (2) cast iron claw foot tubs that were the original tubs that were in our house. Want to refurbish at least (1) of them to put in the master bath and repurpose the 2nd one for the backyard as an outdoor pet bath or something lol.

I can get the miata in the garage...but its snug...and I need the work space to continue backyard projects. Gets to be a pain parking it and taking it out...suppose that could've saved the soft top....but hindsight is 20/20.

Old 04-02-2018, 07:00 PM
5 Year Member
mike- since you have a narrow garage unfinished, i recommend you keep the walls unfinished and use the space between the studs for shelves. they use to sell these galvanized steel stud shelves but cant find them no more. i bout 3 of them like almost 20yrs ago and they are fantastic. i want to buy like 20 more but cant find anyone selling them.

anyway i decided to paint the walls and ceiling and install a bunch of lamps but kept the walls unfinished. i bought the house new so i had the option to have it finished but since the garage is like a 2.5 car garage and wanted to maximize width to store brooms and stuff, i told the builder NOT to finish it. was a great choice cause i can detail my 2 door coupes inside the garage no issue with the garage door closed and with both the recycle and trash bins inside..

Old 04-02-2018, 07:03 PM
5 Year Member
shinjari- i hear ya about the $1000 iphones.. that is so silly. when i accidentally drove over my iphone6S with my GTI which i thought i killed, i bought my current iphone7 (128GB) new $750.. i was like WTF mang..

but luckily the iphone6S still worked after getting the smashed up screen replaced with some generic one, my wife's been using the phone no issue. so the $750 wasnt so bad coming out with 2 phones.

Old 04-02-2018, 07:13 PM
5 Year Member
alright finally home, did a few house chores, tired as hell... was not a smooth day at the office at all finding out my partner overseas totally FAKED UP an order instruction and took a whole day trying to fix it for our subsidiary.

of course couldnt fix it completely as most of it already shipped out, needed to go plan B but i was able to find a way out of the mess.. so draining.. good thing my GTI is DSG cause i didnt feel like driving an MT car at all.

saw some dumbarse in a corolla get pulled over on the way home. street says 25mph, cop right there in plain view, dumbarse going like 45 and dont see the cop. instantly gets pulled over. so helplessly stupid. lol i dont get it.

Old 04-02-2018, 07:26 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan
mike- since you have a narrow garage unfinished, i recommend you keep the walls unfinished and use the space between the studs for shelves. they use to sell these galvanized steel stud shelves but cant find them no more. i bout 3 of them like almost 20yrs ago and they are fantastic. i want to buy like 20 more but cant find anyone selling them.

anyway i decided to paint the walls and ceiling and install a bunch of lamps but kept the walls unfinished. i bought the house new so i had the option to have it finished but since the garage is like a 2.5 car garage and wanted to maximize width to store brooms and stuff, i told the builder NOT to finish it. was a great choice cause i can detail my 2 door coupes inside the garage no issue with the garage door closed and with both the recycle and trash bins inside..
To be honest, it is fairly wide for a one car garage. If the garage door was centered, I could open both doors all the way without issue. I think I'm going to get a plastic shed to call the lawn garbage out of the garage & then consider insulating/finishing. It all comes down if I'm going to wind up starting fresh with a new 2 car garage down the line.

Or if I'm even going to keep the house long term

Old 04-02-2018, 08:07 PM
5 Year Member
it could increase the value of your home too if you have a nice garage.

Old 04-03-2018, 07:44 AM
5 Year Member
alright got some promising temps coming next week so bringing up the GTI’s summer wheels to the garage later today. think i’m going to wash up the winters and might post it up for sale since i don’t like 18” wheels on this car.

another day at the office.. have a good tuesday everyone!

Old 04-03-2018, 09:48 AM
5 Year Member
Yeah sure it doesnt look super fancy unfinished but like Kenchan said, having access to the studs and that extra 3.5" on each side makes it easy to mount recessed shelves etc.

Once and when I build my workshop in the backyard, the garage will be strictly for car, car stuff and maybe a workbench/toolbox for working on cars.

Got our reviews...seemed par for the course. Know some of my co-workers aren't stoked and are actively looking for employment elsewhere but who knows. I'm happy with my work/stress/$ balance right now. Maybe in a year (which most of my co-workers have been here a year longer than me), I'll want some change.

Happy Tuesday!

Old 04-03-2018, 12:14 PM
5 Year Member
shinjari- sounds good on the review. i’m that way too. the amount of work, pay, free time, the balance is worth more vs just money money money...

need time to play with my toys.

Old 04-03-2018, 01:11 PM
5 Year Member
Yeah no point making $$$$$ if it takes all your time and the stress involved makes you a Scrooge McDuck in terms of attitude.

I want to be able to see day light after my shift at work.

My best friend is a lawyer...makes $200k+ easily...but works 60+ hours a week sometimes 70+...seldom sees his wife/3 kids...and when I do get to hang with him hes just exhausted. No thanks.

Old 04-03-2018, 02:00 PM
5 Year Member
shinjari- i only make half wat ur friend makes but the kenchan is the hilarious pops to my silly kids and wife and plenty of time to play with my cars, go out with my wife for lunch often, do music stuff and rc. i really enjoy my life. my pops use to make triple wat i make plus stock but was never home and i while respect the guy, didn’t want to be like that.

i just need to grow up and get a car that matches wat i should be driving but those cars are so boring.. ! lol this am was looking at getting abarth.. but no dealers have them unless out of state.

Old 04-03-2018, 07:41 PM
5 Year Member
alright finally home.. my kid helped me bring up the GTI's summers to the garage. will let them soak ambient temps a little so that i can get a true tire psi to adjust to.

probably wont have time or energy to swap them until saturday though.. works out well cause i need to go visit my hairstylist on saturday am anyway... will be back kinda late to be taking out my R for any motoring fun as the streets will be kinda congested by then.
will swap out the wheels, wash the GTI's undercarriage and winter set, GK's floor mats.

Quick Reply: The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?