General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2018, 11:43 AM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
btw, wat is the mark up on the ctr in ur area? i heard from one of my buddies that wanted to get one that around here they want anywhere from 45-50k.

they only show msrp on autotrader and their home pages but when u go to the dealer to ask they give u their market price. im sure its a great car for those dat likes them but mang at 50k id spend another 10-15k and get something with more prestige with great performance.

Old 06-10-2018, 01:15 PM
5 Year Member
so after 2 wks with the spikes clipped on my GTIs side mirrors my GTI has yet to be bombed.

recently got rid of a chipmunk problem..l i saw one run under our porch when i got home the other day. dropped pepermint oil all around its entrance hole. havent seen it for a few days and the hole dat was there under the porch was buried when i looked at it yesterday.

i asked my kids if they did dat and neither said they did.. huh.. looks like the chipmunk closed shop permanently. lol will continue to drop pepermint oil for a couple more weeks.

Old 06-10-2018, 05:41 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan
btw, wat is the mark up on the ctr in ur area? i heard from one of my buddies that wanted to get one that around here they want anywhere from 45-50k.

they only show msrp on autotrader and their home pages but when u go to the dealer to ask they give u their market price. im sure its a great car for those dat likes them but mang at 50k id spend another 10-15k and get something with more prestige with great performance.
Agree about the other options at the inflated price.

Our dealer has quoted me $40k for the one coming in, but we agreed to discuss it further if I'm interested. They know that I'm wanting to buy at sticker. I suspect we could meet somewhere in the $38k area, but not positive.

At that price, there's not much anything better in the marketplace. At $35k I'd say it's close to a bargain for the performance in a new car. Used could still get something better of course.

Old 06-10-2018, 05:44 PM
5 Year Member
Nice on the peppermint oil! I've heard it works for mice as well. We have a cloth soaked in peppermint oil inside a tin in the spare tire well of the Fit. Found mouse droppings in there years ago and started the peppermint oil thing.

So far so good as far as I know.

Old 06-10-2018, 07:24 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GAFIT
Agree about the other options at the inflated price.

Our dealer has quoted me $40k for the one coming in, but we agreed to discuss it further if I'm interested. They know that I'm wanting to buy at sticker. I suspect we could meet somewhere in the $38k area, but not positive.

At that price, there's not much anything better in the marketplace. At $35k I'd say it's close to a bargain for the performance in a new car. Used could still get something better of course.
40k sounds like a reasonable price. u should get it. $38k, $40k who cares, no difference. i still think the Golf-R is a far superior car than a CTR though even if the ctr can churn better numbers on the track. u drive on track every day? probably not.

anyway honda shouldve released the ctr in the USA sooner. its not like the demographics have changed. even after the economy tanked in 2008, i was still driving my brand new sports car and paying $5/gallon gas no problem. its guys like me that buys these cars. middle class with disposable cash.

im older now, drive Golfs, and my tastes have changed. and wtf is with FWD in 2018 mang.. its like forcing a car guy to like electric cars. yah u might have numbers to show on the track but who dafaq cares.

dat said, i suppose for nostalgic reasons, if i can find a black one for 40k, i suppose i could get one too. lol

Old 06-10-2018, 07:24 PM
5 Year Member
yah, pepermint oil smells okay to me vs moth ballz! lol yuk

Old 06-10-2018, 07:37 PM
5 Year Member
alright got back from a nice relaxing ride on my bicycle. was too wet to do any fast riding today with leave and debris on the roads so took my slower bicycle and rode around the park with my kids. had a good time. nice to get out of the house for some fresh air.

also did some brake adjustment work on my kid's bike, showed him how to do it and all.
ordered a few more tools to keep in my little tool box for my bicycles.

Old 06-11-2018, 07:09 AM
5 Year Member
alright another week to go through before the weekend. i didn’t really do much and was a nice relaxing weekend. hope u all enjoyed urs too.

might wash the GTI tonight if i feel up for it. have a good monday everyone.

Old 06-11-2018, 06:30 PM
5 Year Member
i don’t feel up for it and it’s going to rain tonight.. so will pass on the GTI washing and head out to the park for some cycling.

Old 06-11-2018, 07:07 PM
5 Year Member
Grilling in the rain here. Rain or shine, the grilling must go on!

Old 06-11-2018, 07:40 PM
5 Year Member
right on! watz on the grill tonight..?

alright, got back from taking the slow bike to the park. had a good time. not much of an exercise again but good to be out with the kids with my mind off work.

wifes making us supper. not sure wat yet but it smells GOOD..

Old 06-11-2018, 07:42 PM
5 Year Member
Bacon wrapped tenderloins and bake potatoes are on the grill. Along with a hot dog for the boy. Silly boy wanted a hot dog instead of steak. More steak for me

Jealous of your J food cooking family!

Old 06-11-2018, 07:45 PM
5 Year Member
bacon wrapped tenderloins..mmmmm.. watz ur addy again? lol

yah my wife is a great chef and my older kid has her blood. he luvs to eat and knowz wat is good taste and wat is meh.

Old 06-12-2018, 06:33 AM
5 Year Member
another day another opportunity. hope to have enough juice left to wash my GTI tonight.

have a good tuesday everyone!

Old 06-12-2018, 07:21 AM
5 Year Member
huh.. so its burgers not biotches..

Old 06-12-2018, 06:38 PM
5 Year Member
no juice left, going to go ride my bicycle instead. lol

will dress the tires though.

Old 06-12-2018, 07:52 PM
5 Year Member
dressed the tires looks okay for now, definitely needs a wash over the weekend.

they're fixing the sidewalk/part of parking structure at work and the dust has been getting all over my car... so that was da primary reason why i decided to wash on saturday instead. no meaning washing mid week, will get all dusted up again tomorrow.

Old 06-13-2018, 07:46 AM
5 Year Member
need to run a quick errand before work this am. looks like i will be parking on the roof level today at work since all da good spots will probably be taken. oh well not dat it really matters any more cause i’m mentally getting kinda ready to let it go. u know not be so ocd about da normal wear and tear. its going to be my 3rd yr with the car in a few more weeks anyway. kept it looking great long enough. lol

Old 06-13-2018, 10:24 AM
5 Year Member
Whats up guys! Back to the grind!

Sharing some pics from our trip. Didn't want to post ALL of them so just picked a select few.

First up...had to take some pics of the Civic when we dropped off the dogs at their grandparents. It just looked nice haha. And as they say, if you don't smile when you look at your car, you've got the wrong car.

Our first 2 nights were in San Francisco and we were close to the Embarcadero. So we walked to everything. Coit Tower, Lombard Street, China Town, Fishermans Wharf, etc. My ugly mug and the GF. We watched the Warriors win Game 4 that night and the town was going ballistic. It was awesome. Walked 7+ miles that day.

Then we took the Ferry across the bay to goto Muir Woods to hike and see the redwoods. Such a beautiful forest. A shame its only a fraction of the size it used to be. Hiked 6+ miles that day.

Then some pics that reminded me of you knuckleheads.

Everyone was riding these foldable bikes...

Then On Sunday headed to my Aunt and Uncles in Walnut Creek to celebrate my cousin graduating High School and prepping to go to Princeton (fancy!), where I got to drive the Ap1 =) Only 79k miles. Runs like a champ. Only complaint is that bearing noise when you let off the acceleration. Apparently its a common issue with them. He plans to fix it when the clutch needs replacing...whenever that is.

Also got to drive his MB E550 most the weekend. Super powerful....but just a boat of a car. Not my style. But that 400+ hp was nice.

And lastly, Mike410b I didn't know you were in town!

Love missing 3 days of work and coming back to over 100+ emails...

Was glad to be home. Loved driving the civic this morning.

Happy Wednesday!

Old 06-13-2018, 11:17 AM
5 Year Member
Great pics shinjari! Thanks for sharing! Looks like a great vacation.

Quick Reply: The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?