General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2018, 09:28 AM
5 Year Member
I want the Corolla hatch. Looks nice, double wishbone, manual, heated seats.

Old 09-07-2018, 04:06 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GAFIT
At VW dealer getting oil changed. They said it’s due for brake fluid change and alignment for $350ish. Yeah...no thanks.

I get alignments when when I buy tires unless I see abnormal wear and I do brake fluid based on age, not miles. 1 yo car doesn’t need new brake fluid IMO.

They said 40k service calls for spark plugs. I’ll order a set and change them myself.

These are are definitely not like Jap or US cars when it comes to maintenance.
Watch your dealer they are trying to scam you into maintenance before it is due. My MK6 manual says brake fluid change at 3 years & every 2 years there after. Spark plugs at 60K, but I'm going to change them at 50.

As far as alignments go, unless I see troubling wear patterns when I rotate the tires I don't do it.

Old 09-07-2018, 04:11 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mike410b
I agree it's a nice car. I wish my son could have been able to swing one of those. He got a Fit due to it's affordability. All thinks being equal the Corolla Hatch is the one I'd buy.

Old 09-07-2018, 04:34 PM
Originally Posted by mike410b
I would like to see a comparison of the two cars, Perhaps the suspension is better than OEM due to wishbone, and the gear ratios better lol

Old 09-07-2018, 04:36 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ashchuckton
Watch your dealer they are trying to scam you into maintenance before it is due. My MK6 manual says brake fluid change at 3 years & every 2 years there after. Spark plugs at 60K, but I'm going to change them at 50.

As far as alignments go, unless I see troubling wear patterns when I rotate the tires I don't do it.
Luckily I'm not afraid of saying no

Just checked our manual. Brake fluid change at 3 years. Spark plug every 40k miles. Brake fluid every 3 years is pretty normal, but I'll do it myself or have done by a different shop for 1/4 of the price. Plugs every 40k is pretty extreme, but not a big deal either. I'll definitely do those myself. Car needs rotors pretty badly. I'll do the fluid at the same time and then not again for 3 years.

I need to figure out what I want to do for the automatic transmission. The fluid is $20 a liter...ouch! Looks like it takes 5-6 liters for a drain and fill. Probably something I should do now, at 30k, since I will only be getting a partial amount out? Drain and fill every 30k? What's everyone's thoughts?

Old 09-07-2018, 04:39 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by FrozoneTheFit
I would like to see a comparison of the two cars, Perhaps the suspension is better than OEM due to wishbone, and the gear ratios better lol
Gear ratio's couldn't be much worse! Honda must have been throwing darts blindly at a gear ratio chart when they picked the 5 and 6 speed ratios. No matter how high you rev first gear, it's a bog and no power going into second. Then you're on the highway and turning way more rpm than is needed.

What's sad is they could have fixed it with the 6-speed, but nope!

Old 09-07-2018, 04:46 PM
5 Year Member
I had to look...

IM 6-speed...
Final drive - 4.21
1 - 3.54
2 - 1.91
3 - 1.31
4 - .97
5 - .82
6 - .70

Fit 6-speed
Final drive - 4.62
1 - 3.46
2 - 1.87
3 - 1.235
4 - .949
5 - .810
6 - .727

Similar ratios overall, but the Toyota has less final drive so it will turn less rpm in pretty much every gear.

Old 09-07-2018, 04:51 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
ohhh fak such a tiring day. time to buy STI side and rear diffusers for my WRX to make things right. lol

are u guys comparing a corolla to a fit? lol while i hate the corolla hatch and i suppose my GK as well, i think is250 suck even moAr.

gafit damn dem faking japs mang. oh wait.

Old 09-07-2018, 04:52 PM
5 Year Member
tiring work day = buy new car parts to make things right.

Old 09-07-2018, 04:57 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan
gafit damn dem faking japs mang. oh wait.
Better than dem murican's building cars. oh, wait. I'm boned. Have two murican cars, one Jap, and one German. No hope for me.

Have fun ordering parts! That's one of my favorite hobbies

Old 09-07-2018, 05:23 PM
5 Year Member
yah i just need to be sure my wife’s home on da dayz ups comes around especially with big boxes.

dropping off some clothes at my dry cleaner on da way home. and vac da hauz and i’m free. going to push down on da clearbra edges on my Golf-R in prep for some motoring fun tomorrow.

Old 09-07-2018, 07:58 PM
5 Year Member
dogdamn i am tired as hell. did another wot run in my WRX on da way home.. pulled hard without much of dat fa20 plateau around 5k and got 5-6 back fire pops during shift up 1-2. lol.. the intake makes a big difference on the car. i wonder if i can just log da AFR and corrections using my STI's accessport.. i mean if im not reflashing i can use the handheld for monitoring and logging... no? not sure.

so my wife said she's working from home latter part of next week, so will place da order for the STI diffusers next week. good chunk of change for dem authentic black trims.. but dem faux chinese shit has no place on my rides.

Old 09-07-2018, 08:05 PM
5 Year Member
alright, touched up my Golf-R's clearbra tonight. i saw dat i faked up on one section of the install.. like literally 0.3mm x 0.5mm. da whole faking install is ruined! lol cant see it from the front nor above so i let it go dis time.

cleaned up the edges too and gave a tad more border on a few edges to prevent peel up. people cringe when i use a new blade over the clearbra freehand to score it, but mang after doing like a hundred + RC car body decals over da decades even winning concourse and all, i do everything freehand. i know how much i can press down on the clearbra before the blade cuts through. none of dat novice mistakes for me. my R is ready for some fun motoring tomorrow.

Old 09-08-2018, 08:26 AM
5 Year Member
alright aired up da dds added 2psi in prep for cooler weather. now getting ready to pull out my Golf-R for a nice relaxing weekend drive.

will caulk up da garage wall (beez) when i get back and wash da WRX.

have a good saturday everyone!

Old 09-08-2018, 12:46 PM
5 Year Member
motored my Golf-R, such a fast little hatch mang. thing is so fast makes my WRX feel like a honda fit. lol.

caulked up da crack in da wall. right as was at da top of my extending hybrid step ladder dat is frikken awesome, saw a bee trying to get through da crack so allowed him through to his demise. lol. RAID.

will let it cure over night and den tomorrow am will blast da living shit out of the opening on da exterior side with raid for wasps. will probably spray da entire can. lol

washed my WRX and cleaned up my GK’s interior too. didn’t find 12 empty bottles but it was pretty nasty i dere with dust. yuk.

Old 09-08-2018, 02:48 PM
5 Year Member
so wats a good cordless vac to get for car use? dyson? i need more suction.

budget $300

Old 09-08-2018, 06:29 PM
5 Year Member
took apart the WRX’s door panel with my kid looking for a rattle and found the culprit. waz a thick wire loom tie down clip bracket thingie dat was a little loose in its hole when shaken. some EZ felt and masking tape around da hole and put it back together. took her out for a test drive to da road where it was making the noise all da time while going to work. fixed! no more rattle.

Old 09-08-2018, 08:11 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan
so wats a good cordless vac to get for car use? dyson? i need more suction.

budget $300
ends up da black&decker hand vac i have since like 4yrs ago is still one of da best in 2018's reviews so guess ill keep it for now.
replaced the filter and the suction increased quite a bit so.. vac'ed my Golf-R and STI.

... wat to do with da $300 i just saved..!!

Old 09-09-2018, 08:24 AM
5 Year Member
pulling out my Golf-R for some motoring fun in a bit. and will QD afterwards.

not much going on today, will do some house chores and relax rest of day. might take my bicycle out for a quick stroll.

have a good sunday everyone!

Old 09-09-2018, 11:50 AM
5 Year Member
Downside - have to drive to the ATL ariport this afternoon/evening. Hate that city.
Upside - get to have wife back at home

Ordered the 034Motorsport dogbone insert for the Golf. Looking forward to giving it a review on my Golf thread.

Quick Reply: The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?