General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2018, 09:36 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GAFIT
Anyone have a place they recommend for getting a Hondata? Appears they have fixed pricing, but maybe someone knows someone that knows someone that...
I'd have to double check, but are the Hondata's model specific? Keep an eye on ebay? Scour the marketplace here to see if one never sold?

Reason I ask is because the Ktuner is the same dongle regardless of car, its when you connect to the program/ECU when it only lets you upload maps for your model. This is nice because I could sell to any car owner they support, rather than 'just' civic owners.

Too bad the Ktuner is only for the GE and GK =/

Old 09-12-2018, 10:05 AM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
another day at da office already got a lot done dis am. still a full day to go.

looks like i will be getting my aero splash guards today so will install with my kid. that will conclude da WRX work for now. real pleased with da car, even without tune (yet) it has enough power to get me around just fine without feeling too slow.

Old 09-12-2018, 10:06 AM
5 Year Member
have a good Wed everyone!

Old 09-12-2018, 01:39 PM
5 Year Member
shinjary, I tried to figure that out as well. Hondata lists a different part number for each car, but it seems to me that it's actually just one FlashPro for all vehicles.

I know that with SCT, DiabloSport, and other domestic tuners, they are different because the tuner itself ships with canned tunes pre-installed.

Shouldn't matter for me for now...supposedly I have the model number for the Fit being shipped to me. Fingers crossed!

Got the header today for the Fit. Parts are starting to pile up here

Old 09-12-2018, 01:57 PM
5 Year Member
Man looking forward to hear about your turbo install! =)

I'm likely going to change up my current tune...throttle response is a bit too aggressive for my liking on DD stuff...guess if i were on the track that would be nice.

Old 09-12-2018, 02:03 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by shinjari
Man looking forward to hear about your turbo install! =)
Turbo is on the back burner for now Header I got is for N/A. Going to throw parts at this thing for a while and then circle back to the turbo part.

Old 09-12-2018, 04:55 PM
5 Year Member
headers! is dat a mugen too?

Old 09-12-2018, 05:48 PM
5 Year Member
I bought the cheapest stainless header I could find for a Fit

There's really only one header I like for the Fit and that's the WeaponR. Not because of the quality (their stuff is less than stellar), but because they are the only ones that make a long tube header for the GD Fit. All others, whether it's J's Racing, Megan, DC Sports, Mugen etc fit within the small confines of the factory manifold.

I think dyno testing showed that all of the shorty headers produce about the same power and it was almost a negligible amount over stock. Mugen's have about the smallest tube diameter of the various offerings and are meant for an otherwise stock car. The long tube WeaponR actually makes a difference, but is around $450.

If my memory serves correct, DC Sports and J's Racing brought out their headers for the GD at about the same time. They are almost identical and were both about $500. Megan then copied them and brought out their's for about $250. You can now get, off eBay, copies of the Megan one for under $40. Looking at the one I bought for $32 shipped, I can't see any difference between it and the J's Racing. Maybe it will crack in 6 months, but I may be done with it by then anyway and be bolting on the turbo manifold that I already have

The wild card in the room is whether, after CAI, header, exhaust, cam (did I mention I'm looking at cams?), Hondata, etc, I decide the car is fun enough. If I decide to not add boost, I'll order the WeaponR header and sell the eBay header and Megan downpipe really cheap. My money says that I'll still want boost, but you never know.

Old 09-12-2018, 08:16 PM
5 Year Member
i use to run weaponR and DC stuff too along with spoon on my hondas.
speaking of jdm ordered a cusco bar for my STI since i saved like $1000 last week.

just the front tower. people say makes a noticeable difference on da STI as the sus is pretty stiff out of da box.

alright installed da factory rear aero splash guards on my WRX. looks good but only after i put in some kenchan luv to fix da faking canadian dumbarse fitment issue of 4mm over lap where it shouldn’t. wtf mang. dis is why i want made in jland. used some black vinyl to cover up da overlap to make it perfect looking. my son was pretty impressed with my vinyl wrapping skills. lol.

Old 09-12-2018, 09:21 PM
5 Year Member
since we're (or just me.. lol) talking aero i place order for some rear spats for my Golf-R. should have dem in my hands tomorrow. not really needed, but didnt want her to feel left out.

Old 09-13-2018, 07:11 AM
5 Year Member
alright another day at da office. should have my spats dis pm.. hope to finish installing on my Golf-R before supper.

have a a good thursday everyone!

Old 09-13-2018, 09:12 AM
5 Year Member
WRX is showing 25mpg long average and this am 29mpg for short.

that is so much better dan dat GTI i traded. not dat i care about mpg but just to show how dat GTI sucked gas so much more vs my awd machines.

Old 09-13-2018, 09:14 AM
5 Year Member
speaking of sucking, FU to da geezer driving some pos benz in front of us at a merge holding up traffic. get off da road during when people who count are commuting. geezer hr is not yet for 2 hrs!

Old 09-13-2018, 09:25 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan
WRX is showing 25mpg long average and this am 29mpg for short.

that is so much better dan dat GTI i traded. not dat i care about mpg but just to show how dat GTI sucked gas so much more vs my awd machines.
Historically, VW's do not get good mileage. Our Golf is averaging around 32ish mpg which really isn't so good in this day and age. A Civic HB 1.5t has more power and would get at least 5mpg better in the same driving conditions. Heck, my Dad's CR-V gets the same mileage as our Golf and is like 50% larger.

Old 09-13-2018, 10:25 AM
5 Year Member
yah i guess so. i don’t know much about VW’s only the GTI and R i have experience. my Golf-R gets about 29mpg and around 350hp+ at da crank at da moment. not bad thing is a rocket of a hatch.

Old 09-13-2018, 10:27 AM
5 Year Member
honestly though i’ll probably get another STI after i’m done with my current STI in like 4-5 yrs. something about subies dey are fun to drive. probably do da smaller lip STI Limited nex time.

Old 09-13-2018, 10:31 AM
5 Year Member
I think it's largely due to VW's transmission programming. I bet your Golf R does much better, regardless of what EPA figures show, because of the manual. Since you know how to drive, I'm sure you're picking a much smarter operating range and not lugging the motor in boost.

Old 09-13-2018, 10:33 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan
honestly though i’ll probably get another STI after i’m done with my current STI in like 4-5 yrs. something about subies dey are fun to drive. probably do da smaller lip STI Limited nex time.
Wow! That surprises me. I can understand the fun factor with the Subie's, but the quality of the VW interior is hard to find in it's price range.

I bet an Audi would be darn nice to own.

Old 09-13-2018, 12:10 PM
5 Year Member
problem with audi’s is very limited if not zero MT variant. i don’t want another AT car unless it’s for my wife.

the interior in my WRX is not at the level of my Golf-R but then certainly not bad either. considering i’ve driven all sorts of rentals i can gauge with confidence where the subie is. it’s definitely not in da bad end of the spectrum. plus the HK stereo actually sounds pretty good!

and fun factor.. my WRX with minor mods is more fun to drive even if it’s kinda slow.

Old 09-13-2018, 12:18 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GAFIT
I think it's largely due to VW's transmission programming. I bet your Golf R does much better, regardless of what EPA figures show, because of the manual. Since you know how to drive, I'm sure you're picking a much smarter operating range and not lugging the motor in boost.

yah, i tend to cruise at a higher rpm too vs wat da obc tells me to shift into. and dat actually saves gas vs bogging down da engine. people tend to want to keep the rpm low as possible, but to me dat is not da right way to drive MT.

Quick Reply: The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?