General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2018, 01:36 PM
5 Year Member
I always get in the highest gear possible if I'm in the Fit. Get great MPG doing so.

Old 09-13-2018, 01:50 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mike410b
I always get in the highest gear possible if I'm in the Fit. Get great MPG doing so.
IMO it's different with a turbo car. As soon as they go into boost with factory programming the A/F ratio goes from 15:1ish to 12:1ish. Tip into boost is usually the worst as they dump fuel at the onset to add protection and then taper off a bit, but still remain way, way richer than when not in boost.

RPM doesn't equal boost, but engine load certainly does. Load at low rpm equals wasted fuel.

Old 09-13-2018, 02:21 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
right on, it’s da amount of load on da engine. fit has no engine so no issue. lol

Old 09-13-2018, 02:28 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan
right on, it’s da amount of load on da engine. fit has no engine so no issue. lol
So funny you say that because it's totally true! We played with different driving techniques for the first 30-40k miles or so and found that there was absolutely no difference between beating the snot out of it and just taking it easy. Even our mountain drives in it at high rpm got the same mileage as interstate cruising.

The fact is that an N/A 1.5 liter motor can only ingest so much fuel and it's not a lot. Honda is one of the best at maintaining proper A/F ratios for economy and keeping motors happy. Our Fit runs good, but you can only burn so much fuel on your way to making 88 whp.

Old 09-13-2018, 02:47 PM
5 Year Member
haha, yah dem momentum cars are fun to drive though especially downhill canyon runs, truth.
hell s2k’s are momentum cars dese days.

Old 09-13-2018, 02:57 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GAFIT
So funny you say that because it's totally true! We played with different driving techniques for the first 30-40k miles or so and found that there was absolutely no difference between beating the snot out of it and just taking it easy. Even our mountain drives in it at high rpm got the same mileage as interstate cruising.

The fact is that an N/A 1.5 liter motor can only ingest so much fuel and it's not a lot. Honda is one of the best at maintaining proper A/F ratios for economy and keeping motors happy. Our Fit runs good, but you can only burn so much fuel on your way to making 88 whp.
I mean my method clearly works considering with mostly city driving I get 20% over the car's EPA highway rating.

And my turbocharged Fiesta got 52 MPG average, again, 20% over the car's EPA highway number.

Old 09-13-2018, 03:08 PM
5 Year Member
dogdamn it, where dafaq is amazon with dere shipment confirmation for my spats?

i wanted to have dem in my hands when i walk through da door (house)..

Old 09-13-2018, 03:10 PM
5 Year Member
We pretty much got stuck at 38mpg with our Fit. I know that many have done a lot better, but to be totally honest, I don't care that much. I'd rather drive it in a manner that the motor is still happy than stress the car. We knew it was going to be a high mile car and wanted it and us happy.

Especially not going to do the hypermiling thing where you shut your car off constantly on public roads. I got behind one of those fools once and it just pissed me the heck off. Whatever fuel he saved that day was wasted by the countless people that had to use fuel to get around the idiot.

Old 09-13-2018, 03:15 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan
dogdamn it, where dafaq is amazon with dere shipment confirmation for my spats?

i wanted to have dem in my hands when i walk through da door (house)..
If you see a steering wheel adapter in the box, it's mine! LOL

Still waiting for the "shipped" package to arrive. At least, after about 5 days, it was given to the shipper so I will no longer complain about it not being "shipped."

Old 09-13-2018, 05:16 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GAFIT
We pretty much got stuck at 38mpg with our Fit. I know that many have done a lot better, but to be totally honest, I don't care that much. I'd rather drive it in a manner that the motor is still happy than stress the car. We knew it was going to be a high mile car and wanted it and us happy.

Especially not going to do the hypermiling thing where you shut your car off constantly on public roads. I got behind one of those fools once and it just pissed me the heck off. Whatever fuel he saved that day was wasted by the countless people that had to use fuel to get around the idiot.
haha!! dat is so true and funny. fak dem tree huggers mang.

Old 09-13-2018, 05:18 PM
5 Year Member
yah amazon says it shipped but not out for delivery and it’s due today. dafaq.. delivery by 9pm is such bullshit. 9pm is like tomorrow for me mang, no time to do shit after 9pm. need to get ready for work tomorrow.

Old 09-13-2018, 06:24 PM
5 Year Member
alright da cusco for my STI is now in transit. expected to arrive tomorrow.

Old 09-13-2018, 07:17 PM
5 Year Member
amazon is taking its dandy time to deliver tonight, so cant do da spats install my Golf-R. datz life mang, who cares.

enjoyed my drive home in my WRX den checked the screw torque on da splash guards i did yesterday, cleaned and applied HydroMax to seal, and den proceeded to check da intake bits torque and oil level. everything checked out. also cleaned the bottom of the rear bumper on my Golf-R in prep for the spats install tomorrow. will be using VHB and nuts bolts as usual. looks like i got good access down dere so should only take like 30min to do.

cant wait for da weekend. so tired. saturday and sunday im taking my STI out, also running a few errands in my WRX. Golf-R will be taking a break dis winning weekend.

Old 09-13-2018, 07:26 PM
5 Year Member
speaking of win, my older son took 1st place at his cross country meet tonight sprinting da 2 miles or 3 miles or watever it was. mang anything over 50meters i take my bicycle or car so i was pretty amazed. lol my younger son also took first place.. from da back. LOL not sure he didnt care to tell me so i didnt ask. he probably did horribly and while i encourage him to challenge himself and support him all da time, i dont care to hand feed him with some softy pansy arse comments..

speaking of another win, wife's making us spare rib.

Old 09-13-2018, 07:43 PM
5 Year Member
speaking of needing to be hand fed, wtf is going on with da 20k+ pallets of bottled water we all paid to ship to dem dat all went to waste?! were dey expecting hand delivery to each faking house or..?

if i died today its from dat earthquake/tsunami disaster in j-land back 7yrs ago. make sure to count me in

Old 09-13-2018, 07:45 PM
5 Year Member
wife's making baked potatoes with da spare rib and showed me a potato dat looked like a butt crack. LOL'ed

dat onez mine!

Old 09-13-2018, 07:48 PM
5 Year Member
R18 throttle body is going to work! Just have to swap a few things over, but it's close enough to a direct bolt on for the GD. Intake is even already large enough at the opening. It's like Honda wanted this TB on the Fit

Too bad I dropped one fastener into never, never land. Sucks getting old! I'll hit up the fastener store tomorrow to get a nice stainless replacement.

Old 09-13-2018, 08:05 PM
5 Year Member
nice on da throttle body. huh, GD's engine bay is like so open should drop on ur floor/driveway? maybe poke around with a magnet tool?

Old 09-13-2018, 08:08 PM
5 Year Member
alright, amazon dropped off da spats, but da faking driver drove UP my driveway parking his oriental arse like a foot from my WRX. wtf mang. filed a complaint to amazon.

i mean im in a quiet residential area with a visitors lot on the other side of da street. there is no reason, besides da faker being a larzyarse pos garbage, to park on my driveway! so stupid mang..

Old 09-13-2018, 08:17 PM
5 Year Member
oh yah, forgot to mention, i tried da moon roof da other day on my WRX. i basically NEVER use it. like i used it one time over the course of 2yrs on my old GTI. wife and ive not used da one on my GK since 2016. lol

my Golf-R nor STI have moon roofs and i like it dat way for not having heavy glass and motor unit at the highest point of da car.

Quick Reply: The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?