General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2018, 08:38 PM
5 Year Member
Very nice! I bet it will drive great! Nice thing with COBB is they will probably release additional tune options as they do more development.

Old 09-16-2018, 09:03 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
yah, ive been real happy with the AP on my STI the last 3yrs so im sure the new WRX one is also a success.

just wasnt expecting it to be available so soon!

Old 09-17-2018, 07:44 AM
5 Year Member
actually 2 yrs not 3. i bought my STI in 2016. i’m getting ahead of myself thinking it’s already 2019. lol

alright another day at da office. got one meeting this week and pretty much confcalls rest of da month so not so bad.
hope to get my tracking number today from cobb so dat i can give it to my wife. she’s helping me out babysit ups.

have a a good monday everyone!

Old 09-17-2018, 10:00 AM
5 Year Member
Happy Monday!

Sounds like you guys had a busy weekend as well. I'm trying to remember what I did this weekend it was so busy.
Thursday went to a meet and greet at an engineering company. Spoke with their HR and should be setting up 2-3 interviews for various departments this week.

Friday:
Sold ALL my RC stuff...hadn't been used in easily 1 year....some stuff maybe 2 years. So that cleared up half my hobby room and put some 'walking around' money in my pocket haha.
Started to look for a more suitable desk to go with the decor in my hobby room/office.
Looked at getting a tool chest for the garage.
Bought another paintball marker off craigslist to convert to magfed.

Saturday:
Harvested all the pomegranates off our tree.
Took the motorcycle out for a nice ride with some buddies. Been a while since I've been able to open it up like that.
Flashed a new tune on the civic since the 'aggressive' tune...was well....too aggressive haha. Still fine tuning it to find the sweet spot for my style of driving.
Cleaned garage to visualize where I could put the toolchest.

Sunday, washed cars, more yardwork/planning.
Went to the gun range to shoot trap/clay with a buddy.
Looking at MacBook Pros still for the GF...just need to bite the bullet already or pull the bandaid off regarding the $$$.

Thats it?

I've heard good things about Hondata. Hope you get it figured out GAFIT.

Awesome news on the COBB Kenchan.

Have a great Monday ladies and gents.

Old 09-17-2018, 12:05 PM
5 Year Member
shinjari sounds like u had a busy weekend!!

gotz tracking number from cobb.

Old 09-17-2018, 12:35 PM
5 Year Member
Pretty sure that shinjari got way more done than I did! Nice on the selling stuff. I really need to start eBay'ing extra junk. Not car stuff, but other stuff that clutters my life and house.

I sent a good friend of mine the Hondata software to look at. I'll need his advice. He has written tunes for his own cars. Did SCT on his Lightning and he did COBB on his Focus ST. He buys the Pro versions that lets him do the tuning.

To give you an idea of the level of nerd my buddy is...he pointed out to me that the Hondata sticker they sent me had the incorrect binary code at the bottom. Said the code was for lower case letters and the font is upper case. Yes, he's such a nerd that he can read binary code.

Kenchan - awesome on the tracking! I received the steering wheel adapter today. I may work on that tonight. I need to get the stock wheel off and hold this stuff in place to see what size spacer I want to add to move the wheel closer.

Old 09-17-2018, 12:56 PM
5 Year Member
dogdamn last thing i need is a binary scanner stuck in my head. lol

i have a flagship yamaha stage piano and a flagship roland work station i’ve been wanting to sell, both well north of $4k a pop when bought new like 10 yrs ago, but been too lazy to put much effort into selling dem.

Old 09-17-2018, 12:58 PM
5 Year Member
The binary code on the Hondata sticker detail is silly, nothing I'd ever notice, but silly.

Nice job shinjari, sound WAY more productive than me. Good inspiration to spell the few things I have that I don't want/need and are worth something.

This weekend:

-Saturday: Showed house to realtor
-Sunday: Took pictures for the for sale ad & did some yard work, made chili & took a few car parts that are easily stolen to my parent's place to avoid temptation in the event of interested parties viewing the house.

Really hoping the place sells, suburban life is not the life for me.

Old 09-17-2018, 01:43 PM
5 Year Member
Wow Mike410b selling the house huh? Trying to move somewhere more urban? Or this part of your going back to school plan?

As for selling stuff I have a laundry list of things to post...just haven't done so.

Reading binary code huh? that is...quite....nerdy. Haha.

Old 09-17-2018, 01:53 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by shinjari
Wow Mike410b selling the house huh? Trying to move somewhere more urban? Or this part of your going back to school plan?

As for selling stuff I have a laundry list of things to post...just haven't done so.

Reading binary code huh? that is...quite....nerdy. Haha.
Hoping to, we'll see how it goes. Trying to move into a more urban area for now, will also give me a lot more flexibility as far as going back to school goes. I think I just have a couple chairs, a TV and hopefully a lawn mower & snowblower, if all works out, to get rid off.

Old 09-17-2018, 02:33 PM
5 Year Member
GL on selling the house. i hear market is pretty good?

ive been wanting to move to a much nicer and bigger place but too lazy. kinda missed our opportunity while da kids were younger. now a couple more yrs and empty nest so wife and i decided to just stay. too lazy to buy den buy again to down size.

Old 09-17-2018, 02:49 PM
5 Year Member
I'm hoping so. I just want to get out with everything covered and ideally enough money for a security deposit on an apartment.

I just really dislike needing to drive places, as strange as that sounds for a car goober.

Old 09-17-2018, 03:41 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mike410b
I'm hoping so. I just want to get out with everything covered and ideally enough money for a security deposit on an apartment.

I just really dislike needing to drive places, as strange as that sounds for a car goober.
What's funny is that the population of my little area triples every weekend from all of the "city" folks getting out of the city. I think some people just prefer one style and some prefer the other. Good when you find where you fit.

Wife and I had enough city life for a lifetime already. It would take a million dollar a year salary to get me back to the city.

Old 09-17-2018, 03:47 PM
5 Year Member
Found a mod that the Fit needs...

Old 09-17-2018, 04:38 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GAFIT
What's funny is that the population of my little area triples every weekend from all of the "city" folks getting out of the city. I think some people just prefer one style and some prefer the other. Good when you find where you fit.

Wife and I had enough city life for a lifetime already. It would take a million dollar a year salary to get me back to the city.
All the exurb livers I work with go 'up north' all the time. They need to escape low population density for no population density haha

Old 09-17-2018, 04:58 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mike410b
All the exurb livers I work with go 'up north' all the time. They need to escape low population density for no population density haha
That's funny! The irony is that they all end up here in my area together on weekends. Winter and all week days are quite peaceful here.

~113 inhabitants per square mile in my county. What's everyone else's population density?

Old 09-17-2018, 05:04 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GAFIT
That's funny! The irony is that they all end up here in my area together on weekends. Winter and all week days are quite peaceful here.

~113 inhabitants per square mile in my county. What's everyone else's population density?
5319 inhabitants per sq mi in my current city.

6200~/sq mi in the area I hope to move to.

My parents used to have a little cottage in a super rural area, like you said it was super peaceful if we'd go up M-T, but Fri-Sunday? Oh man, population would grow exponentially.

Old 09-17-2018, 07:24 PM
5 Year Member
im around 3300 in my area. just a regular folk burb with geezer infestation da last decade. if i didnt have kids i would immediately move back to socal where i belong. buy a nice condo or hut in rancho palos verdes, set up a shop with my car buddies to storage our cars, and carve da canyons in malibu every weekend early mornings.

https://www.trulia.com/for_sale/Rancho_Palos_Verdes,CA/CONDO_type/?cid=sem%7Cgoogle%7Ctbw_nb_natdsa_state_ca_url_nat !g%7CCalifornia&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIqfyQ25bD3QIVD9bA Ch09dQChEAAYASAAEgKjsvD_BwE

Old 09-17-2018, 07:27 PM
5 Year Member
gafit- hummm.. dat burnout technique seems so much safer dan burning out da clutch like dem vettes on youtube. lol

Old 09-17-2018, 07:32 PM
5 Year Member
alright finally home, did a few house chores.. tomorrow i should be getting dat brake cylinder stop brace thingie for my STI so ill be installing dat.

oh yah, forgot to mention, dat cusco STB i installed on my STI.. thing does tighten down da front quite a bit. i didnt think it would make much of a difference on a stock car but the STI's springs are stiff so yah, dere is definitely a noticeable difference on tight turns especially. happy i got it.

Quick Reply: The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?