General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2018, 11:11 AM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
thanks shinjari. lol.

yah that milwaukee box looks good. nice and red and i like that it has a power strip on the side. i just mounted a strip on my work beach on the work shelf and leg. works great.

yep steel has that 25% tax now so expensive it is.

Old 10-02-2018, 11:13 AM
5 Year Member
oh yah my wife and i too still can’t post reviews on amazon. not dat we care.

Old 10-02-2018, 11:24 AM
5 Year Member
I guess 'honest' reviews get punished and fanboys/fangirls get to further recommend stuff. Go figure.

Yeah I dig the power strip in the cabinet AND side. We will see what I end up with.

Old 10-02-2018, 11:33 AM
5 Year Member
No one wants honest reviews.

I got an email from Vivid Racing asking me to leave a review. A good friend of mine and I trade back and forth quite a bit. He and I have the same two primary hobbies. He gave me something, so I ordered him the Devil's Own methanol kit for his car as a trade.

Vivid Racing shipped the darn thing to me instead of to him in Orlando. Order was entered and confirmed correctly, but they ignored the ship to and shipped the meth kit to me. I had to turn around and spend $18 to ship it to him.

I left two voicemails last week with no return call. Then I get an email yesterday asking for a review. I replied to the email instead of leaving a review. Haven't heard back on that either.

Short review would be..."Devil's Own kit looks well made. Vivid Racing SUCKS A$$ and I won't do business with them again."

Old 10-02-2018, 11:48 AM
5 Year Member
drop ships are difficult to do unless u have the addy registered to ur credit card or paypal or watever. otherwise it either won’t shop or will ship to the billing addy. one thing amazon is good at..

Old 10-02-2018, 11:51 AM
5 Year Member
GAFIT, thats just laziness...that sucks.

Old 10-02-2018, 11:55 AM
5 Year Member
Drop ships are what I do for a living with my ecomm/furniture companies. It's pretty simple. We just have the retailer not supply us the bill to address of the customer at all.

The meth kit shipped from Devil's Own. All that Vivid had to do was not give them my bill to address. They have no reason to need it. Submit order with ship to address. No chance for error.

Them not calling or replying is what has me peeved. That's just bad business.

Old 10-02-2018, 12:15 PM
5 Year Member
yah well now u know its not so simple for some stores. not that i care about vivid.

Old 10-02-2018, 12:24 PM
5 Year Member
UPS just dropped of the front and rear brake calipers for the Fit. Woohoo!

10 years later, the Fit will have brakes that I don't mind looking at.

Thinking StopTech Sport for the brake pads. They seem to be the least expensive pads that come recommended by enthusiasts. Maybe something to consider for the GK kenchan? RockAuto has the StopTech street pads for a great price.

Old 10-02-2018, 01:40 PM
5 Year Member
woooo nice. fun new toys.

stoptechs huh? ok will check it out. i wonder how well the rotors will last. not that it needs last more than 20k more miles max. car’s already over 30k.

Old 10-02-2018, 01:48 PM
5 Year Member
I could see the sports maybe being a bit tougher on rotors, but the street pads should be fine.

I'll be running EBC usr slotted rotors again. They make more noise, but I like their effectiveness and lifespan. Got about 100k miles out of the last set.

Old 10-02-2018, 01:55 PM
5 Year Member
ok cool. will check them out. but if the stock pads have good thickness i guess ill just let my wife use it up..

my usual subaru sales guy checked in on me whether i was still interested in a WRX cause he got a new limited. . lol. i told him i already bought one months ago and running stage1. he cracked up. i told him see u next yr for a new crosstrek.

he said happy holidays. lol. too soon jr!!

Old 10-02-2018, 04:09 PM
5 Year Member
Seriously debating this....https://desmoines.craigslist.org/cto...706379810.html

Got family there I can visit...then nice drive back home. This is more or less like my dad's bmw I learned to drive on. His was a 535is though...but this thing is pretty pristine and I'm sure a blast to drive.

Hmmmm....gonna run it by the 'boss' haha. Car shuffle anyone? Buy the bmw for me...trade in civic for something for us/house projects like a SUV...her elantra as backup/beater haha.

Old 10-02-2018, 05:05 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by shinjari
My fear is that the dream might be better than the reality. I keep looking at older cars, but then wonder if I'd actually be happy with one as a daily. Garage toy? Sure. Daily? I'm guessing maybe not so much.

Old 10-02-2018, 06:47 PM
5 Year Member
oh for sure...totally understand. The likelihood of this happening is slim...but one can dream. I just remember the good old days in my dads E28. Just smoking fast....handled like a champ...super simple...a true driving experience.

Hey Kenchan, with your AWD bug/needs...will a GT-R ever be an option? Haha.

Old 10-02-2018, 09:27 PM
5 Year Member
nice classic bimmer!

no AT for me shinjari. the GTI was a trial whether i can like dual clutch while my left ankle healed. and for me i just don’t care how fast they are.. AT sucks and is boring for me cause i only drive street.

but i suppose maybe an old R33 in MT might not be so bad..

Old 10-03-2018, 09:09 AM
5 Year Member
alright one meeting this pm and i am pretty much done for the rest of this week. looking forward to the 3 day weekend but looks like off an on rain.. so i guess ill be motoring my WRX again if rain. regardless of rain or not next week, i better wash the car this weekend.. looks filthy and oily gunk from driving through construction zones. yuk dont want that crap cycling through sun and rain too long and getting embedded into the clear.

temps are still holding through oct.. no 30F weather in site yet. so no rush to get the Golf-R's car cover. they said it is made to order so will take a few weeks before ii get a tracking number. no issue there. hope to drive her till late november if i can before hibernation.

have a good wednesday everyone!

Old 10-03-2018, 10:07 AM
5 Year Member
Where did you order your cover from Kenchan?

Yeah I was just reading about the 'aging' GT-R but how its still a beast of a car.

Happy Wednesday everyone.

Old 10-03-2018, 10:39 AM
5 Year Member
through a VW online speed shop. if ure looking for a general custom fit i usually order from autoanything. those are usually made to order as well.

yah but i’m more into newer tech cars so i’m not sure if the old understeering awd is going to piss me off or not..lol

with vectoring i have little to no understeer. on my Golf-R she has zero understeer.

Old 10-03-2018, 11:28 AM
5 Year Member
The point of the article was to say how despite being out 10 years...Nissan has made sure to improve interior quality, performance and handling throughout the years. Still making it a super deal for a 'supercar'.

I have only driven a AWD car a handful of times....and not very aggressively so I can't comment on handling like I can with my FWD cars.

Every now and then when I see a real clean WRX I beat myself up a little for not even test driving one before buying my Civic.

Quick Reply: The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?