Fit Freak Newbie / FAQs New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted. FAQs will also be answered here.

Another new Fit owner

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2007, 11:51 PM
Another new Fit owner

Hey guys, my name is Michael. I just picked up my 2008 Honda Fit Sport 5spd Wednesday, and have already driven 350 immensely-enjoyable miles in it!

It is Blackberry Pearl... that's right... it's purple! I honestly love the color, and don't feel ashamed driving it.

I'm a former hardcore Subaru guy, and NO I do not mean the WRX or STi . I'm an old-school Subaru guy, who has owned (and still owns) a 1991 Legacy, and has owned in the past an 88 XT and 79 GL wagon.

Why the change? Mostly, I'm just looking to do something different. I work at a Subaru dealership too, and my ex-girlfriend has Subarus, and most of my friends have Subarus, so I was getting a little burned out. Also, this car seemed to me to be the best choice for a compact new car.

As part of the deal with my family, I sold the XT and GL wagon, and graduated college earlier this month, and this Fit was the graduation present.

Most likely, I won't be doing any serious modding to this Fit. I'm a complete and total Honda n00b anyway and wouldn't quite be sure where to start. Its main purpose anyway is a trouble-free mode of transportation. But with all the aftermarket support for Hondas out there, and with a fellow Honda guy sending me all these links to some SWEET-looking Fits, I dunno if I will be able to resist the temptation!

Anyway, glad to be part of this community!

Old 12-31-2007, 12:15 AM
Congrats on the Fit!

Looks great! Blackberry seems to be a relatively rare color...at least from what I have seen.

Its a great car you will probably grow to love it a bunch more.

Is that the factory "sport" muffler? And if so how do you like it? look good...sound good?

Ooh...and welcome to FitFreak!

Old 12-31-2007, 12:22 AM
Honda Fit Forums Moderator
welcome to the site and the fit community. great choice of colors. we've got a ton of info and a lot of knowledgable people here incase you decide to start modding. but the fit is a great car stock and is very fun to drive, as i can see you've found out.

Old 01-01-2008, 10:07 PM
Thanks all for the welcome. I'll hit 500 miles tomorrow, and I can already tell the car is breaking in. It's smoothing out a little bit, and the engine seems to be a bit more eager.

A fellow Honda buddy told me that his 03 EP Si got a LOT faster once it broke in. That's one of the considerations when I bought it.

Truth be told, I test-drove one before buying this one, and I was not impressed with the power at all. It felt downright slow, so much so I was worried about merging onto the highway with it. But I've already gotten on the interstate with this car and have yet to be like "Dangit, I need more power!"

Don't worry, I'm not beating on it. I'm babying it in fact. I know all about engine break-in.

That is the exhaust 'finisher,' not the sport muffler. Basically just a tip, so the muffler is stock. I've been looking at a few exhausts, but I'm still not sure I'm going to do one.

When I first bought the car I was seriously thinking "I just bought a purple car! " But that has worn off. I'm perfectly happy with the color choice. If the dealer called me up and offered me a different color without any extra cost, I would refuse. I like this color.

Old 01-01-2008, 10:11 PM
Retired Moderator
Welcome to the forum!
Congratz on the new BBP, i honestly love that color to and im male lol. Its just a really cool color, i like how it kinda change in diffrent shades of light. Hondas are easy to mod, just things like suspension and exhaust make a good diff. on the Fit. I drove mine stock for 5000miles and loved, now just starting a few mods like exhaust and suspension mods and let me tell ya, this little thing is awesome. You will grow to really love the car!

Old 01-01-2008, 11:22 PM
5 Year Member
nice fit! and welcome to the site!!!!! enjoy the site. search around in the different forums. if you have any questions, search before asking because most questions have been asked.

Old 01-02-2008, 03:42 AM
Originally Posted by subyluvr2212
That is the exhaust 'finisher,' not the sport muffler. Basically just a tip, so the muffler is stock. I've been looking at a few exhausts, but I'm still not sure I'm going to do one.
Ahhhhh silly me... didnt even pay attention to the second photo where its aiming down, I guess the rear shot you were lower and I didnt notice it hanging down...

anywho...congratz again on your Fit...
I just saw a commercial about a new phone called the "Blackberry Pearl"
I thought there was one that was just the "blackberry"...
This is the first vehicle to be an accessory to a phone!!!

I know like nothing about cell phones so dont be hatin ppl!