Fit Freak Newbie / FAQs New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted. FAQs will also be answered here.

New Guy

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2011, 09:24 AM
5 Year Member
New Guy

About Me

Hey everyone, I have been a lurker here for quite a while, but just picked up my Fit yesterday. I traded in my 2000 Camaro Z28 for it. It was my second LS1 Camaro. First one is torn down to eventually build into dedicated strip car. The one I traded in was just a full bolt-ons & gears car.

We (Girlfriend and I) also own a Subaru Forester XT. (Turbo one) I autocrossed my older Camaro a good amount before it was torn down. We plan to autocross both the Subaru and the Fit this year as well. Shawna (Girlfriend) is new to autocross this year so will be spending most of the time learning. I will be a little more competitive.

About the Fit

I knew I didn't want my Camaro anymore and was wanting something smaller, more efficient and generally more fun to drive on a daily basis. I had also wanted a Fit since 3 years ago. A quick search yielded me a miracle. The Honda Fit I had always planned to build and buy new all those years ago had found its way to me. It was literally exactly the options I wanted.

2008 Honda Fit Sport
Blaze Orange Metallic
MT
45,164 Miles
Stock

Name:  IMG_0506.jpg
Views: 50
Size:  117.3 KB

I will be starting a build/mod log soon and I will post the link in this thread at that time. In the mean time, I am happy to be a member on this forum!

Old 05-06-2011, 12:16 PM
5 Year Member
Cool, My wife has wife has a base model Forester with the N/A engine and manual gear box loaded with a lot of dealer install options that were thrown in that clinched the sale... I finally got to drive it by myself on some nice farm to market roads with lots of hills and curves.. I really enjoyed myself in it. My Fit is a run of the mill hot rod rice burner.

Old 05-06-2011, 12:45 PM
5 Year Member
Ya, they are nice cars. Ours if the Limited so it is an automatic. However, it has the panoramic sunroof, leather, heated seats, blah blah. It is full yloaded basically. Nice car, decently quick. Even though it is an auto it is very fun to drive.

Old 05-06-2011, 01:50 PM
5 Year Member
My wife will not own a car with an automatic transmission so the turbo wasn't an issue... There are very few Subarus down here but at the time we got it we were still having to drive on an unmaintained surface with sand, rocks, steep hills and washouts and bogs in wet weather.... About 6 months after getting the car I was able to have a road put through my property by the county but getting up and down the driveway is a breeze in the Forester. The Fit has a small shovel in the cargo area that comes into play numerous times a year after bad rain storm or when there is a dry spell and you can sink into the loose sand... The Fit is our boosted car.... Your Forester sounds amazing to me.. I'd like to have one that when I get older.

Old 05-06-2011, 02:48 PM
5 Year Member
If you ever up in Iowa I will take you for a ride. It will be on coilovers in the next month or two I believe.

Thanks for all the kind words by the way!