Fit Freak Newbie / FAQs New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted. FAQs will also be answered here.

New 07 TW Sport AT owner

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2012, 07:23 PM
New 07 TW Sport AT owner

Just wanted to say hello. Picked up an 07 Taffeta White Fit Sport AT a little over a week ago. Coming from 2 cars with no working (or none at all) a/c or cruise control and both 5spd's (95 Civic DX and 90 DA), loving the car so far. Mostly got the car for my wife and to act as the family car.

Car's in a lil rough condition, previous owner(s) (i'm number 3 from what I can figure out) didn't treat it too well, lots of paint chips on the rear bumper and hatch. Not sure if any of the maintenance has been done, car was sold in Phoenix, was in Scottsdale then Glendale and then somehow ended up here in Missouri. So, still calling around to dealers in the Phx area trying to find out if one of them has any history on the car. Anyway, thanks for reading.

Old 09-17-2012, 10:04 AM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
hey GL with your new car and project.

Old 09-17-2012, 02:41 PM
5 Year Member
Welcome aboard and congrats! You might want to try Carfax for your car's history.

Old 09-17-2012, 07:07 PM
5 Year Member
Welcome :")

Old 10-04-2012, 09:40 PM
thanks. yeah, the car came with a carfax from the dealership i bought it from. but i'm trying to find maintenance history and the local Honda dealership said they don't have a national maintenance history program that you can see what's been done to it from any Honda dealer. so basically i have to track down which dealer in Phoenix or surrounding cities it was taken to, if it was even ever taken there.
other than that, only other issue it seems is the paint issue i've read about. not really any prob on the front, but the rear bumper and hatch just have all kinds of paint chips and spots where it appears to have rubbed off. and the right rear door has a seam that looks to be a bit rusty, which i find odd for a car that spent most of its life in AZ.

Old 10-04-2012, 09:42 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
take some snaps.

Old 10-05-2012, 01:47 AM
5 Year Member
You didn't mention how many miles you have on it. Did it come with an owner's manual? Making calls would be a long shot to get the info you need (I think). If I were you, I'd just get it inspected and/or start establishing your own baseline as far as the fluids go. Make your call based on the inspection, the schedule on your manual and the way you take care of your cars.

Maybe they can do it on base (looking at your location) if you're comfy with that. Cheaper than the dealer for sure. Good luck!

Old 10-07-2012, 10:04 PM
i'll get some pics later if i can.

as for the maintenance, i'm gonna try a few more dealerships in the Phx metro area and then i'll just say screw it if i can't find which one it was. it's got 65,xxx miles on it. i can do pretty much any of the work myself, i just wanna know what i'm dealing with. i'm sure i need to do the transmission fluid and i know it needs new front brakes (one or both of the rotors are warped, might as well do pads too). it has brand new tires on it. gotta get a new pass side foglight lens and repaint the front lip and rear bumper and hatch. my brother in law brought to my attention that the hatch and rear bumper aren't factory honda as they don't have the sticker with "HM" all over it and the VIN in the middle, they have some DOT sticker on them. probably was hit in the rear bad enough to need a new hatch and bumper and they took it somewhere that wouldn't report it to carfax and had it painted very poorly, hence the flakes and chips on it.
anyway, enough rambling. thanks for the welcomes.

Last edited by Silverstreek; 10-07-2012 at 10:07 PM.