Fit Freak Newbie / FAQs New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted. FAQs will also be answered here.

New Fit Freak!

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2018, 04:43 PM
New Fit Freak!

I thought it was high time I make an account, and say hello!

Purchased an 08’ FS a couple months ago and have been planning exactly what to do with it. I will be leaving the L15 alone for the next month but will modify everything else (plan on starting a build thread shortly). Reason being, I’d rather just drop a k series in her if I want the power! This car is currently just a fun daily when the Vancouver weather doesn’t let me drive the other toys.

Nice community here from what I’ve gathered, reminds me of the good times back on s2ki! That being said I look forward to contributing where I can!

cheers,
Scott

Old 05-30-2018, 05:45 PM
Super Moderator
Welcome, Scott!

Old 05-30-2018, 07:23 PM
G'Day & welcome to the Fit family.

Old 05-31-2018, 08:19 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by trashhand
I thought it was high time I make an account, and say hello!

Purchased an 08’ FS a couple months ago and have been planning exactly what to do with it. I will be leaving the L15 alone for the next month but will modify everything else (plan on starting a build thread shortly). Reason being, I’d rather just drop a k series in her if I want the power! This car is currently just a fun daily when the Vancouver weather doesn’t let me drive the other toys.

Nice community here from what I’ve gathered, reminds me of the good times back on s2ki! That being said I look forward to contributing where I can!

cheers,
Scott
Hello and welcome.

K swaps are over rated in my honest option for a street car. Having to bay 2 to 3 grand just for a harness THEN another 4 to 5 or more for the actual swap makes no sense to me. FI would be the better bang for buck in that case.

Doing 1 step colder plugs (Denso IK22s are the go to), Hondata Flash Pro and simple bolt ons is enough to make the L-series a bit more fun and lively (not K series power of course). Depending on modifications, fuel, tune and transmission you could end up around the 105 to 112 WHP mark from the stock 85 to 90 WHP with a LOT better throttle response.

Old 05-31-2018, 08:34 AM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
wat hootie said.

Old 05-31-2018, 10:57 AM
Originally Posted by Hootie
Hello and welcome.

K swaps are over rated in my honest option for a street car. Having to bay 2 to 3 grand just for a harness THEN another 4 to 5 or more for the actual swap makes no sense to me. FI would be the better bang for buck in that case.

Doing 1 step colder plugs (Denso IK22s are the go to), Hondata Flash Pro and simple bolt ons is enough to make the L-series a bit more fun and lively (not K series power of course). Depending on modifications, fuel, tune and transmission you could end up around the 105 to 112 WHP mark from the stock 85 to 90 WHP with a LOT better throttle response.
I feel where you’re coming from and appreciate the input! I know to properly swap it’s safe to budget 10k, I have access to salvaged type R’s so that’s one huge plus.

Previous car’s of mine are the main reason for the consideration. I know if I start to modify the L15 it will escalate to boosting it which ruins all the reliability I love. My container arrives this weekend so i’ll be able to throw coilovers, wheels, wheel, short shifter, sway bars on and see just how fun these cars can be. I steered away from anything power related until I research and decide some more!

any suggestions are greatly appreciated!!

Old 05-31-2018, 11:15 AM
Welcome. You sound like you're planning the route that I took with mine.

​​I've been doing improvements to creature comforts first.

Old 05-31-2018, 11:27 AM
5 Year Member
Welcome and enjoy your stay. Seems like your on the right track with your build, in for updates.

Old 05-31-2018, 01:36 PM
Originally Posted by Action Jackson
Welcome. You sound like you're planning the route that I took with mine.

​​I've been doing improvements to creature comforts first.
I love hearing others finding such comfort!!