Fit Freak Newbie / FAQs New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted. FAQs will also be answered here.

Story of How I Grabbed a New Fit Sport for Under $10k

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2018, 11:13 AM
Talking Story of How I Grabbed a New Fit Sport for Under $10k

Hello all. Newbie here to the Fit and entire Honda community, and am returning to forums for the first time in about 5 years! (was hoping I would never have to use them again) In my research for aftermarket modifications, I found some useful information in this forum and hopefully will be able to stalk it throughout my days of ownership. Anyways, I just grabbed my 2018 Honda Fit Sport 6-speed yesterday with only 22 miles for a good deal on Black Friday. The following story was written out much better on my first attempt, but that thread was lost and here is my attempt to duplicate

I've been spending all my time at work going through the Black Friday deals for overland parts for my Lexus and had a shopping list ready for Black Friday. Thanksgiving comes around and I'm sitting at work when I see a dealership sales ad on Facebook. It catches my eye. 50% off, but not 1 model per dealer, but literally only 1 car per dealer. I go through the models and find the Honda which catches my eye (I've always been a huge fan of wagons and hatches).

At this point, all thoughts of Thanksgiving has turned from food to grabbing this car. I've never won anything through luck, nor have I ever bothered to stand in line for a material product like an iPhone or Playstation, so I figure this will be a combination of both since I live in the densely populated DC area. As soon as I get off work, I head home and annoy my wife about the car. She gets pissed for me mentioning I want to leave Thanksgiving early to do this and tells me not to come. Cool, so I skip Thanksgiving dinner all together and go straight to the dealer at 4:30PM on Thanksgiving day. They are closed for the holiday, so I pull my vehicle all the way up against the front doors so noone can bother me by trying to jump the gun and get in front to claim the car.

I legit stay here all evening. I tried putting on some thermals and sleeping in the front seat, but the dealer put balloons on all the cars, so I kept waking up and getting freaked the f*** out when I see something moving around in my peripheral vision. I end up moving my car 5 feet back into the handicap spot and laying out my thermal sleeping back to help out even more since my car is now an ice box.

So I'm attempting to sleep overnight in the back, but keep waking up due to my frozen face and shivering. Finally decide to tuck my face into the sleeping bag but then I start having dreams of people pulling in and standing at the door. So I wake my ass up at 6am and I'm sitting in the front sit.

The dude was awesome. He pulled the car out for me and held onto the keys until a salesman came in and then handed them over and we got the paperwork started first thing. I gotta say every person at this dealer was awesome to deal with, but man oh MAN were they slow. My ass was there until 11am getting all the paperwork and car stuff straight. I didn't even bother with a test drive or introduction to the car in this time. Most of it was me waiting around for signatures. But finally after being there for 18 hours...............

Plans?
  • Projector headlights first
  • Lithium battery (this puny battery scares me. I want to make sure I have plenty of juice. Might even trim the fins in the tray to fit a larger battery)
  • Suspension (something quality such as KW, Ohlins, or AST)
  • Wheels and tire after winter
  • Brake upgrade if my brakes can't keep up with the tire
  • Sportier seats and random accessories

Last edited by Sir_Spicy; 11-25-2018 at 11:39 AM.
Old 11-24-2018, 12:16 PM
Super Moderator
What a patient effort to land an outstanding deal!!!

Congratulations!!!

Post updates.

Old 01-16-2019, 09:03 PM
@Sir_Spicy I am so thoroughly green with envy! Fuck. I just bought a 2016 for $14k.

Congratulations, though. And thanks for sharing such a neat story. How have you been liking it so far? Did your wife forgive you for bailing TG?

Old 01-16-2019, 09:44 PM
im guessing no one else was waiting for the same car?

it was a race. a one man race. ive never won anything. but im sure when i do, it will be in a situation like this.
im also confused with the 2 pics of the dude in the red sweater.
cool car though

Old 01-16-2019, 10:55 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by eulogy
im also confused with the 2 pics of the dude in the red sweater.
cool car though
I think that's him celebrating with a dance.

Congrats on a sweet deal, Sir_Spicy, and welcome back!