Fit Interior & Exterior Illumination Threads discussing interior and exterior lighting modifications for the Fit/Jazz

Fog light switch

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2007, 07:35 PM
Fog light switch

Im thinking of installing fog lights on my base fit. I was wondering, do i have to change bumpers? And where is the stock switch located? Can anyone post a pic? Please?

Thanks,
ron

Old 01-04-2007, 08:59 PM
Hi Ron,

You do not need to change the bumper if you're installing factory fog lamps, but you will have to cut part of your bumper. You can buy fog lamp kits at any Honda dealers (there are some sponsors on this forum) and it comes with a template to make the cut easier. The factory fog lamp kit also comes with a illuminated switch that mounts in place of the blank next to your power mirror control.

The sport models that come from the factory with fog lamps have their switch on the turn signal stalk along with the headlight switch. You can probably buy this stalk and hook up the extra wires to control your new fog lights as well, but you will have to depend on looking at the position of the fog light switch to see if your fog lights are on or off because your base Fit will not have the illuminated icon in the gauges to show if your switch is on or off.

Hope this helps.

PS, someone was selling a set of Fit factory fog lamp kit (with the illuminated switch) in the classifieds on this forum. Take a look if you're interested.

Old 01-04-2007, 09:44 PM
j5ive,

I guess ill just use the empty space beside the power mirror control.

Thanks a lot,
Ron