Fit Interior & Exterior Illumination Threads discussing interior and exterior lighting modifications for the Fit/Jazz

Anyone try MTEC bulbs?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2007, 10:30 AM
Anyone try MTEC bulbs?

I just purchased some MTEC headlight and foglight bulbs. They are rated at 4750k. They give off a bluish white light. I also purchased the fog light bulbs rated at 3200k which is a yellow light. I just wanted to know if anyone had purchased this brand before. From what I'm told there as good as PIAA bulbs. Paid $90 for all four bulbs. Will post some pics when I get them on my car.

Old 03-11-2007, 01:55 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Hondady
I just purchased some MTEC headlight and foglight bulbs. They are rated at 4750k. They give off a bluish white light. I also purchased the fog light bulbs rated at 3200k which is a yellow light. I just wanted to know if anyone had purchased this brand before. From what I'm told there as good as PIAA bulbs. Paid $90 for all four bulbs. Will post some pics when I get them on my car.
Definitely put some pics... I'm planning on getting them too

Old 03-11-2007, 05:19 AM
Originally Posted by elee
Definitely put some pics... I'm planning on getting them too
What color is your fit. Also what color headlights and foglights are you looking to get. Just wanted to tell you that the headlight bulbs that I purchased are slightly more expensive than the ultra white bulbs. I will post pics as soon as I install them and wash my car.

Last edited by Hondady; 03-11-2007 at 10:47 PM.
Old 03-11-2007, 12:27 PM
5 Year Member
What color is your fit. Also what color headlights and foglights are you looking to get. Just wanted to tell you that the headlight bulbs that I purchased are slightly more expensive than the ultra white bulbs. I will post pics as soon as I install them and was my car.
My Fit is Storm Silver. What's the difference between yours and the ultra white bulbs? I'm looking to get ultra white headlights. I haven't really decided on foglights yet. I might do HID foglights - but I'm really not sure yet.

Old 03-11-2007, 12:31 PM
5 Year Member
Hondady, what's the drop height for your Eibach springs?

Old 03-11-2007, 12:37 PM
My Fit is Storm Silver. What's the difference between yours and the ultra white bulbs? I'm looking to get ultra white headlights. I haven't really decided on foglights yet. I might do HID foglights - but I'm really not sure yet.
The difference between the cosmos blue and the ultra white bulbs is the kelvin rating. The cosmos blue are rated at 4750K while the ultra white are rated at 4350K. Which means that the cosmos blue will give off a bluish white light while the ultra white is just really bright white. I just wanted the cosmos blue because I like the looks and my fit is blue. But, these lights are not really blue they just have a bluish tint to them. I will post pics as soon as I install. I should be getting them this Monday or Tuesday.

Last edited by Hondady; 03-11-2007 at 10:48 PM.
Old 03-11-2007, 12:41 PM
Hondady, what's the drop height for your Eibach springs?
The drop is 1.6 inches in the front and 1.3 in the rear. If you look under the suspension catagory there is a tread on the eibach springs with pics.

Old 03-11-2007, 01:46 PM
5 Year Member
The drop is 1.6 inches in the front and 1.3 in the rear. If you look under the suspension catagory there is a tread on the eibach springs with pics.
Thanks for your prompt reply. If you don't mind also, how much did it cost you to make the drop - springs + installation? I'm quite new to this, I'd like to get more info before I make any purchases.

Thanks

Old 03-11-2007, 01:48 PM
5 Year Member
well from what im seeing i can tell you is that MTEC are less expensive. $90 got me PIAA ion yellow foglights and small 194 ion yellow bulbs for parking lights. I looked into MTEC, but their yellow bulbs didnt convinced me as it said golden yellow, reminded me of super dim headlights of old cars. By the way the PIAA's have this lemon-colored yellow,awesome. But goodluck bro, hope to see pics.

Old 03-11-2007, 03:08 PM
Originally Posted by fits_all
well from what im seeing i can tell you is that MTEC are less expensive. $90 got me PIAA ion yellow foglights and small 194 ion yellow bulbs for parking lights. I looked into MTEC, but their yellow bulbs didnt convinced me as it said golden yellow, reminded me of super dim headlights of old cars. By the way the PIAA's have this lemon-colored yellow,awesome. But goodluck bro, hope to see pics.
Thanks man! Will post soon.

Old 03-11-2007, 03:14 PM
Thanks for your prompt reply. If you don't mind also, how much did it cost you to make the drop - springs + installation? I'm quite new to this, I'd like to get more info before I make any purchases.

Thanks
The springs cost me $180. I am a automotive tech so I did the install myself. I also performed the alignment after I let the springs settle in while driving the car for a week. Off the top of my head I don't know how much this would cost you if you took your car to a shop. If I were you I would call around and get some estimates. I purchased the springs from albert at modacar.com. By the way the springs are great! Hope this helps and welcome to the forum.

Last edited by Hondady; 03-11-2007 at 04:48 PM.
Old 03-12-2007, 10:43 PM
I got my mtec headlight bulbs today and installed them. Wow! What a nice bulb. Light is a bluish white and very bright. Next to the stock bulb its like night and day. I will be getting the fog light bulbs tomorrow and will install tomorrow. The mtec head light bulbs are definetly worth it. I will post pics when I install the fogs. I do already have a yellow film on my fog light lense so I hoping with the new yellow bulbs the light output is even more yellow.

Old 03-12-2007, 11:44 PM
Retired Moderator
I had them for my foggies, but one burnt out in 3 months...

Old 03-13-2007, 12:59 AM
Originally Posted by Illusive
I had them for my foggies, but one burnt out in 3 months...
What color light did you have for your fogs. Also if they burned out in three months what kind of bulb did you replace them with? If you did have the yellow bulbs how did they look. Any info helps but will find out how they look much later today when I install them.

Old 03-13-2007, 10:52 PM
I got my mtec yellow fog's today. But, when I opened them I found that one of the bulbs had a crack in it. I contacted the seller and their going to send me a new set. I guess it came like that from the manufacture because they were packaged very well. So being a little ticked and also reading what you had to say about the piaa ion yellow lights. I went ahead and ordered a pair of the piaa's. I seen some pics of them and was convinced. So I soon will have a pair of mtec 3200k yellow fogs with no use. I will post pics as soon as I get the piaa's installed. I do like the mtec headlights. Make a big difference compared to stock. Nice bluish white light output. I guess when I get the new mtec bulbs I'll just sell them.

Old 03-13-2007, 11:45 PM
5 Year Member
I got my mtec yellow fog's today. But, when I opened them I found that one of the bulbs had a crack in it. I contacted the seller and their going to send me a new set. I guess it came like that from the manufacture because they were packaged very well. So being a little ticked and also reading what you had to say about the piaa ion yellow lights. I went ahead and ordered a pair of the piaa's. I seen some pics of them and was convinced. So I soon will have a pair of mtec 3200k yellow fogs with no use. I will post pics as soon as I get the piaa's installed. I do like the mtec headlights. Make a big difference compared to stock. Nice bluish white light output. I guess when I get the new mtec bulbs I'll just sell them.
YOu have the mtec headlights in? Got pics?

Old 03-14-2007, 01:37 AM
YOu have the mtec headlights in? Got pics?
I will try to take some pics with my girls digital cam some time this week. I never posted pics on here so I have to figure it out. Will keep you posted.

Old 03-14-2007, 11:42 AM
5 Year Member
damn bro, that's disappointing sorry to hear that happened.
But may I give you hope, keep in mind PIAA's are lifetime warranty by manufacturer and mostly the seller responds for them
heres a pic of mine, just scroll down to the bottom of the page https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...thread-12.html
thats when I had Silver Stars(crappy shit) they look dim in the picture cuz they really get like that after two months or so of use. Now i got HID's...best mod ever.

Old 03-14-2007, 08:02 PM
damn bro, that's disappointing sorry to hear that happened.
But may I give you hope, keep in mind PIAA's are lifetime warranty by manufacturer and mostly the seller responds for them
heres a pic of mine, just scroll down to the bottom of the page https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...thread-12.html
thats when I had Silver Stars(crappy shit) they look dim in the picture cuz they really get like that after two months or so of use. Now i got HID's...best mod ever.
Nice lights man. I can't wait to get mine now. Do you think that mine would shine more yellow because I have the yellow protective lense film on them? I just ask because in your pics it not even dark and they look really yellow. Not that this would be a problem cause I would like it even more. Love the yellow fogs. I'll post pics when I get them and put them in.

Old 03-14-2007, 10:59 PM
5 Year Member
from what my logic tells me, you could get a more yellow appearance. Oh, I should say in daytime PIAA's ion yellows are more color while in nightime produce color but more light output(doesnt produces like a crazy-ish yellow)
Either you understand what i just said or not, what im trying to say is that youll love them if youre seeking that yellow luxury cars produce like the Lexus IS300, only it is a halogen bulb.
Yellow film or no yellow film, its great.

Quick Reply: Anyone try MTEC bulbs?