Fit Interior & Exterior Illumination Threads discussing interior and exterior lighting modifications for the Fit/Jazz

Neon Underglow Kits

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2007, 01:06 PM
5 Year Member
Neon Underglow Kits

why hasnt anyone got any neon underbody glow kits on their fits? i think the blue fit with blue underbody neons would look amazing because the car is so bright. im thinking about putting a Blue under body glow kit on my vivid blue pearl fit sport. what are the laws where you guys live on neon underneath your car? is it legal to drive with them on?

I CHANGED MY MIND IM NOT GETTING THEM ANYMORE! WASTE OF MONEY AND TIME!

Last edited by xonexlifex; 05-28-2007 at 02:48 AM.
Old 05-27-2007, 04:00 PM
booo bad idea. and no it is not legal to drive with them on. BTW i think i saw you on friday in salida

Old 05-27-2007, 04:01 PM
5 Year Member
Really? where were you? did u go to walmart at all yesterday? because i was there and i saw a storm silver fit that said tracy honda on it. was it urs? and how come no one likes underglow kits? i think they look cool. where are u at now?

Last edited by xonexlifex; 05-27-2007 at 04:04 PM.
Old 05-27-2007, 04:02 PM
that would look ghetto........

Old 05-27-2007, 04:06 PM
5 Year Member
you really think so? i thought more people would like it.

Old 05-27-2007, 04:10 PM
5 Year Member
I think more people would consider it "rice" but it's your car so don't let others discourage you. If you like it then that's all that should matter.

Old 05-27-2007, 04:22 PM
5 Year Member
i dont want to look rice though, i just thought if you didnt over do it with neons and your car doesnt sound like a tin can with wheels than its not a rice rocket. i mean i had led lights in the speakers in my VW jetta and they looked bad ass inside, everyone couldnt believe how cool they looked, but they were kinda distracting when i was driving so i thought that the neon underglow kits wouldnt be as bad because they would be underneath the car thats all.

Old 05-27-2007, 04:39 PM
s0x
5 Year Member
id do it

hell effin ya id do it! hand yo business ppl talk shit but when you park your shit outside and its night with undercarage lights it always catches attention i think it looks sick

Old 05-27-2007, 06:51 PM
5 Year Member
atleast i got one person that likes them, im going to get them for xmas forsure. i mean i dont have to turn them on all the time but when you park it and leave them on, wow they look good. plus you have to get the right color for it to look good. if it corresponds with the color of your car then it looks hella bad ass.

Old 05-27-2007, 08:50 PM
Originally Posted by xonexlifex
Really? where were you? did u go to walmart at all yesterday? because i was there and i saw a storm silver fit that said tracy honda on it. was it urs? and how come no one likes underglow kits? i think they look cool. where are u at now?
naw it wasnt me, i just finished with school and im going to stay in modesto for the rest of the summer. i still want to check out that muffler of yours so... yeah let me know.

Old 05-27-2007, 09:53 PM
5 Year Member
sick! ya we can meet up some day, hey if you got a cell phone, PM it to me and ill PM you mine

Old 05-27-2007, 11:49 PM
5 Year Member
ya i dont know if im going to do it if i cant drive with them on because thats a lot of money to spend for something to have on ur car that you cant have on when your driving it

Old 05-28-2007, 01:35 AM
5 Year Member
no in cali u can't drive w/ em on. U can show them off like in a parking lot or whatever, but not on. RED and BLUE are for police and ambulances only. As for white, that might be an acception. i got a ticket years ago for blue underglow's. =[

Old 05-28-2007, 02:26 AM
5 Year Member
I'm not meaning to "throw hate" here but:

Dude you're like what 16?

Give it a few years for your tastes to mature then you'll realize how hideous and obnoxiously ghetto under body lighting makes your car look.

It's a free country so sure you have all the right to put them on your car
BUT:
A.) They're completely illegal to use while the car is in motion.
B.)Every other driver will automatically know what a ricer @fast 2 Furious wanna be you are.
and C.) why waste your ends on some cheap garbage that will break in a few years?

just my opinion....
be prepared to hear the same thing from everyone else.

I see where you are coming from but it's like in the same realm of blue tinted headlight bulbs and vinal decals....you kinda out grow that.

Last edited by GoFits; 05-28-2007 at 02:36 AM.
Old 05-28-2007, 02:32 AM
why hasnt anyone got any neon underbody glow kits on their fits? i think the blue fit with blue underbody neons would look amazing because the car is so bright. im thinking about putting a Blue under body glow kit on my vivid blue pearl fit sport. what are the laws where you guys live on neon underneath your car? is it legal to drive with them on?
it wont improve performance nor it wont improve fuel economy,JUST LOOKS!!!,plus you can get a TICKET(its illegal in california)not my cup of tea,its your car so you can do whatever you want to,the question is,IS IT WORTH IT?then its your call,just my $0.02

Old 05-28-2007, 02:43 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GoFits

Give it a few years for your tastes to mature then you'll realize how hideous and obnoxiously ghetto under body lighting makes your car look.

BUT:
B.)Every other driver will automatically know what a ricer @fast 2 Furious wanna be you are.
and C.) why waste your ends on some cheap garbage that will break in a few years?

just my opinion....

I see where you are coming from but it's like in the same realm of blue tinted headlight bulbs and vinal decals....you kinda out grow that.
Naw Dawg im 18 almost 19, i just got the car and im just excited to fix it up and i thought id get some opinions about what i want to do to my car. im not getting the underglow kit now because i think its worthless if i cant drive with them on, so im going to stick to minor things to fix up my car that wont make it look rice. i just wanted to see everyones opinion on underglow kits, thats all. i know what looks good and what looks bad, i just wanted to ask everyone what they thought about it if i got them, if they thought it was a good idea or what

Old 05-28-2007, 02:51 AM
Naw Dawg im 18 almost 19, i just got the car and im just excited to fix it up and i thought id get some opinions about what i want to do to my car. im not getting the underglow kit now because i think its worthless if i cant drive with them on, so im going to stick to minor things to fix up my car that wont make it look rice. i just wanted to see everyones opinion on underglow kits, thats all. i know what looks good and what looks bad, i just wanted to ask everyone what they thought about it if i got them, if they thought it was a good idea or what
this FORUM is like a LIBRARY,try to learn as much as you can and use your judgement.

Old 05-28-2007, 03:36 AM
s0x
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GoFits

BUT:

just my opinion....

hell waste his money on what he wants for his car just like you probably wasted 1000 bucks on those trash hfp rims that are heavier than the stock ones lol why not take your grand and invest it towords something decent like spoon wheels wich would have cost you about 400 bucks more than your hfp ones and would have saved you close 25 lbs on your car the bottom line is car customization is just that custimization leave the kid alone and let him rock what makes him happy

Old 05-28-2007, 09:17 AM
5 Year Member
Underbody lighting

Of course it's up to you, man. If you like them, get them. You make the car payment, not anyone else. Dress your ride up the way you think it will look good.
A few years ago, I had a sharp-looking gold Mazda 626 that I put some flashing, lightning-like strobes underneath. It was pretty cool, too. I didn't use them while driving, but it looked great while sitting still, especially on a wet street or parking lot. My teenagers loved it. Too bad it was a Mazda, ya know, but hey, it did look good.
The point is, if anyone didn't like it, it wasn't a big deal, because I liked it. F - 'em, unless they want to make the payment. Don't worry whether other people like it or not. It's YOURS.

Old 05-28-2007, 01:06 PM
5 Year Member
ya i make the payments on my car. but ya i think i changed my mind, i liked them a lot but i hella wanted to drive with them on, i dont want them to just show them off when the car is stopped, plus you have to spend a lil more if you want a nice neon kit. but ya thanks for all your guys opinions it really helped me with my decision

Quick Reply: Neon Underglow Kits