Fit Interior & Exterior Illumination Threads discussing interior and exterior lighting modifications for the Fit/Jazz

Yellow XPEL Film installed on my SSM - PICS

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2007, 01:44 PM
Yellow XPEL Film installed on my SSM - PICS

I installed yellow XPEL film on my fogs today.
It was very easy and took little time.

Thank you Honda for making the fogs so easy to remove.

Old 12-24-2007, 01:51 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
How much did it run you for just the fogs? I've searched through their site and haven't seen anything for JUST the fogs.

Do you feel like the color is yellow enough? I've contacted Blue Batmobile to see if he'd make these for us as well as another option.

Old 12-24-2007, 02:02 PM
Honda Fit Forums Moderator
Just need to paint the fog housings black now

Old 12-24-2007, 02:46 PM
^^ no thanks

Kelmar: Just buy two 4" x 6" pieces in the custom order area... came to about $12 shipped. I cut a piece of paper into an ellipse and kept modifying it until it fit over the lens perfectly (with a gap around for heat). Then I took the paper and used it as a stencil to cut the film with scissors. It was not perfect... but its very close and you cannot see the edges anyway once you mount the lights back into the trim pieces.

I have used Blue Batmobile stuff in the past and its also nice. It was thin film just for looks though.... the XPEL stuff is thick and will actually protect the glass lenses from getting cracked. Its the main reason I got the film.
BlueBatmobile might have thicker film... I am unsure... but they would make a kit if enough people inquired. That being said.... it will not cost the $12 I paid.

Old 12-24-2007, 04:12 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
That's the main reason I would be getting it as well would be for protection. Looks are nice too though.

I've talked to Andy (Blue Batmobile) and he'd be willing to make it for us if someone close to San Diego wants to go to get the template made (I'm not going to drive 8 hours for it).

IIR, his fog overlays for other vehicles are about $12. And he charges a dollar for shipping....

If someone close to San Diego wants to go for a template (and free overlays) I'll let him know.

Old 12-24-2007, 04:23 PM
Oh... that is a good price. I bought some stuff from them a while back for a little more I think.

Nobody has to show up... its an ellipse, anyone can just give them the dimensions and they can make them. Then they can send the prototypes to a test vehicle via mail and have them test.
Just in case someone is not local to them.

FYI I thought I remembered someone saying they got the pre-cuts from XPEL (for the Fit fogs).... but I could be mistaken. Someone has a phone number and a contact there I think, people said they got better deals by calling.

Old 12-24-2007, 07:46 PM
5 Year Member
Looks very sharp. Nice work.