Fit Interior & Exterior Illumination Threads discussing interior and exterior lighting modifications for the Fit/Jazz

Is this normal for N1 LED tail lights?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2008, 08:20 PM
Avid FitFreak Poster
5 Year Member
Man that sucks for those of you who bought N1's and had a lot of problems. It is true, you get what you pay for. You should've just saved a little bit longer to get JDM OEM ones. I got those and I am happy with them.

Old 03-07-2008, 08:22 PM
My Lips Bigger!
5 Year Member
Big Revelation

so ive been thinking...
if the Fit is wired for rear lights going down the driver's side and to the left tail FIRST, then goes across the back to the right tail...
wouldnt the right side be brighter no matter how many times you test them
(when testing they prlly just plug it in to the same plug nowhere near a car....)
hypothesis:
so the oems being a bit more expensive have a built in regulator that max out the power at a constant 12v...
the n1s cut that out to save money - you cant charge less unless it costs less...
and maybe an add-on regulator that is readily available can be used to fix problem of different brightness?
(this wouldnt effect the brakes lighting bc there are two lead wires, one thats constant for night, and the second for brake- so only putting on the regulator on the nights lead should work, but maybe brakes will illuminate different ,but if theres a reg on the brake i would think they wouldnt light at all...

Old 03-08-2008, 02:57 PM
Originally Posted by avitar110
First of all, the fitment was piss poor. second, my left side parking lights, and brake lights are significantly dimmer than the right side.
Thats a major bummer. I am going to install today or tomorrow. I will make sure to test them for fitment and brightness before I commit and extend the wires.

Old 03-08-2008, 03:03 PM
Originally Posted by billmus86
hypothesis:
so the oems being a bit more expensive have a built in regulator that max out the power at a constant 12v...
the n1s cut that out to save money - you cant charge less unless it costs less...
Interesting thought.
However, I have difficulty believing that the lights are wired in series rather than in parallel. But maybe you are right.

Old 03-14-2008, 03:45 AM
Originally Posted by avitar110
I just installed the N1 smoked style today and took them off immediatly. First of all, the fitment was piss poor. second, my left side parking lights, and brake lights are significantly dimmer than the right side. I was soo pissed and called them, and they pretty much said I was lying cuss they told me that they test everyone with lights in them, and that they fit every single one before they ship them out, and they would have to decide, meaning that they won't give me a refund. I'm really upset right now, and I need to go jump in the shower and clean up after the waste of day to install them. I didn't even slice and extend the wire, so my wiring harnesses are still in oem condition, but after i cool off, i'll try to post some pics.
same prob as you, and i think some other members hear are in the same boat
not much help from N1 either, oh well... too bad i'm too cheap to fork 400 bucks for jdm oems, maybe someday when i feel like spending big on lights
but you'd think they would make LEDs light up the same brightness, the fitting on mine aren't like OEM but still pretty good, no huge gaps, still look better than OEM imo