Fit Interior & Exterior Illumination Threads discussing interior and exterior lighting modifications for the Fit/Jazz

alternative to N1 crap led tails

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2008, 12:27 AM
5 Year Member
but what I'm saying is that the DEPO and the N1 are the same... just that the DEPO ones cost more... and N1 is trying to get rid of them

Old 03-16-2008, 01:08 PM
5 Year Member
Exclamation omg, get a clue... duh.

ok, all you effing retards... i didn't post these as an alternative because i just randomly found them, no. i posted them because they are NOT EFFING N1s. and i know this becuase i freakin bought them and the lens is stamped by depo in the casting mold they use to make. the smoke portion is hella dark that's the reason i wanted them. of course they don't fit as perfect as jdm ones do but they are by no means horrible nor crappy for that matter, either. they fit nice and they work well. "depo" is actually imprinted in the plastic lens. wow! a whole $20 bucks more. if another $20 on top of $100 already is stretching your bank, i think you've got bigger problems to worry about first not wether which brand of knock off tails is gonna work. and as the masses have redundantly stated about a billion times already... you do indeed get what you pay for. that's why i swapped mine out for jdm hops when i got the extra $400, not $500. but i sold the depos to a friend on here who i see at meets every week, and never do i hear a complaint. in fact he likes them more than jdm because they are so dark. oh and all the bulbs fit in their correct harnesses, so the reverse lights go below and the signals above. whew... shit.

Last edited by los_creeper; 03-16-2008 at 01:10 PM.
Old 03-16-2008, 02:07 PM
My Lips Bigger!
5 Year Member
Thank you! I was gonna say the lastdepos I had with my civic were stamped with depo too I thought it was wierd for them NOT to stamp thier own product.

They also were DOT appoved something the n1s are not.

Originally Posted by los_creeper
ok, all you effing retards... i didn't post these as an alternative because i just randomly found them, no. i posted them because they are NOT EFFING N1s. and i know this becuase i freakin bought them and the lens is stamped by depo in the casting mold they use to make. the smoke portion is hella dark that's the reason i wanted them. of course they don't fit as perfect as jdm ones do but they are by no means horrible nor crappy for that matter, either. they fit nice and they work well. "depo" is actually imprinted in the plastic lens. wow! a whole $20 bucks more. if another $20 on top of $100 already is stretching your bank, i think you've got bigger problems to worry about first not wether which brand of knock off tails is gonna work. and as the masses have redundantly stated about a billion times already... you do indeed get what you pay for. that's why i swapped mine out for jdm hops when i got the extra $400, not $500. but i sold the depos to a friend on here who i see at meets every week, and never do i hear a complaint. in fact he likes them more than jdm because they are so dark. oh and all the bulbs fit in their correct harnesses, so the reverse lights go below and the signals above. whew... shit.

Old 03-17-2008, 04:14 PM
Good find. I had a set of Depo head lamps on a former Integra and they were of good quality.

Although, I have have two sets of N1 tails, one of my previous SSM Fit and now one set on my VBP Fit and I didn't have trouble with either. The only issue i had was with the fitment of the reverse socket in the bottom of the tail lamp. But, I eventually worked it in there.

:thumb up: for Depo though!

To los_creeper:

Do you have a shot of these on at night by any chance? I know it's easy to create the illusion of more light at might by adjusting the shutter speed and time, but, I'd be interested in seeing a photo or two of these on at night.

Old 03-17-2008, 07:35 PM
5 Year Member
Alright...time to give some descriptions to clear things up for people.

First of all, if you guys have something to say about N1/DEPO being the same then buy each one of them and try them out before you say anything.

N1 (according to 2 friends that have them on the fit, clear and smoked type)
-reverse lens has faded into a yellowish color (both clear/smoked)
-smoked section is a little lighter than the JDMs (judging from loscreepers)
-both smoke/clear have a slight but not noticable difference in the brake LEDs, but that doesn't matter if you aren't anal about little details of light output.
-fitment is pretty bad with imperfections on the top/sides of the tailight area (fills up the gap but doesnt fit flush with the cars exterior)

DEPO (according to mine)
-reverse lens is a purplish color just like the JDMs but a tad lighter than JDMs, if i remembered correctly. (has not faded or shown any signs of fading to yellow after 4 months of use)
-smoked section is darker than JDM (check out pics of my car...ppl have said it is darker in pics and in person)
-I know some people have some LED issues with their N1s because one side is a little brighter or something, but so far i haven't seen any faults in the N1 lighting in person. DEPOs have a brighter light output than N1, but obviously lower than the JDMs according to Lidoshorty, who has smoked N1s, when he drove behind me at night.
-fitment at the top is tight, but the taillight as a whole fits flush with the car's exterior except for the bottom with a few mm difference compared to the N1s.

*loscreepers asked me to post pictures up at night, but like stormsilver said, " I know it's easy to create the illusion of more light at night by adjusting the shutter speed and time..."

(I will be taking the pictures at whatever settings the camera is set in when i turn it on...)

Note: i am just giving you descriptions from what people told me, from my experience, and from what i saw so there is no bias, in my opinion. Other than that, i think N1s are great for the price and DEPOs are worth it for just 20 bux more.

Last edited by umiekun; 03-17-2008 at 07:43 PM.
Old 03-17-2008, 07:44 PM
Those look pretty good. Anyone have any nighttime comparison pics?

BTW:
Anyone selling their OEM (stock) taillights? Looking for a used set reasonably priced. Send a PM

Sorry about the temporary threadjack.

Old 03-17-2008, 08:30 PM
My Lips Bigger!
5 Year Member
did you get yours from the website in the first post?>
just looking for a recommendation to where to get them (maybe) thanks
(depends on how big my raise is... - lol)

Old 03-17-2008, 09:31 PM
5 Year Member
yes i did. that link is from my list of bookmarked sites for fit parts.

Old 03-17-2008, 09:41 PM
My Lips Bigger!
5 Year Member
thanx

Old 03-17-2008, 10:26 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by umiekun
Alright...time to give some descriptions to clear things up for people.

First of all, if you guys have something to say about N1/DEPO being the same then buy each one of them and try them out before you say anything.

N1 (according to 2 friends that have them on the fit, clear and smoked type)
-reverse lens has faded into a yellowish color (both clear/smoked)
-smoked section is a little lighter than the JDMs (judging from loscreepers)
-both smoke/clear have a slight but not noticable difference in the brake LEDs, but that doesn't matter if you aren't anal about little details of light output.
-fitment is pretty bad with imperfections on the top/sides of the tailight area (fills up the gap but doesnt fit flush with the cars exterior)

DEPO (according to mine)
-reverse lens is a purplish color just like the JDMs but a tad lighter than JDMs, if i remembered correctly. (has not faded or shown any signs of fading to yellow after 4 months of use)
-smoked section is darker than JDM (check out pics of my car...ppl have said it is darker in pics and in person)
-I know some people have some LED issues with their N1s because one side is a little brighter or something, but so far i haven't seen any faults in the N1 lighting in person. DEPOs have a brighter light output than N1, but obviously lower than the JDMs according to Lidoshorty, who has smoked N1s, when he drove behind me at night.
-fitment at the top is tight, but the taillight as a whole fits flush with the car's exterior except for the bottom with a few mm difference compared to the N1s.

*loscreepers asked me to post pictures up at night, but like stormsilver said, " I know it's easy to create the illusion of more light at night by adjusting the shutter speed and time..."

(I will be taking the pictures at whatever settings the camera is set in when i turn it on...)

Note: i am just giving you descriptions from what people told me, from my experience, and from what i saw so there is no bias, in my opinion. Other than that, i think N1s are great for the price and DEPOs are worth it for just 20 bux more.
where can i get the DEPOs?
thanks

Old 03-17-2008, 10:48 PM
My Lips Bigger!
5 Year Member
first post tells all
^

Old 03-18-2008, 12:07 AM
5 Year Member
i might of misread this but do i need to use extension wires... just like the N1's

Old 03-18-2008, 01:42 AM
5 Year Member
Here are some pics: (left-DEPO; right-N1)

Last edited by umiekun; 03-18-2008 at 01:45 AM.
Old 03-18-2008, 02:25 AM
5 Year Member
Depos are def better! I've always like them because of their quality. Depos are used most commonly on BMWs. I had them on my 540i and never had problems with them. Another sign of poor quality tail lights is after so many car washes, you've got yourself an LED lit fish tank. All you need is a couple of gold fish. One thing for sure, they are very expensive. But you do get what you pay for.

Old 03-18-2008, 10:52 AM
My Lips Bigger!
5 Year Member
so pics 1 and 3 are Depos? And 2 and 4 Are n1s?

They are noticably different.

Old 03-18-2008, 12:03 PM
Originally Posted by billmus86
so pics 1 and 3 are Depos? And 2 and 4 Are n1s?

They are noticably different.
They are, but i would also say they are comparable. I would not rule them out as an option.

Old 03-19-2008, 02:16 AM
5 Year Member
yeah..... im a cheap punk lol i ordered them from that website. Smoked Depos are the ones. Just waiting for the shipment to come through and check it out. If i have the time i'll take some pix. Work, work, work...... barely play.....

Old 03-19-2008, 06:27 PM
....Oh just wait until i get a hold of the set of OEM tails i just bought last night. It will be a polar opposite of what everyone in this thread is doing, but i bet there will be demands for a How-To ......

Old 03-19-2008, 06:36 PM
Originally Posted by cavie187
....Oh just wait until i get a hold of the set of OEM tails i just bought last night. It will be a polar opposite of what everyone in this thread is doing, but i bet there will be demands for a How-To ......

Congrats on sporting for the OE tails.

Demand for a how-to install these though? I doubt that...but you're more than welcome to document your install.

Old 03-19-2008, 06:42 PM
Originally Posted by StormSilverGD3
Congrats on sporting for the OE tails.

Demand for a how-to install these though? I doubt that...but you're more than welcome to document your install.
It's not the install that is going to be in demand....

Quick Reply: alternative to N1 crap led tails