Fit Interior & Exterior Illumination Threads discussing interior and exterior lighting modifications for the Fit/Jazz

Hid Lights

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 02:23 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by wgolfguy
Where did you get the lights with the shield?
eBay Motors: Honda HID Xenon Conversion Kit Civic Accord Prelude Fit (item 160281579767 end time Sep-16-08 22:46:09 PDT)

heres where i got em, ive bought 5 different kits from them for 5 cars and they work perfect, extremely good quality for a great price!

Old 09-13-2008, 11:53 AM
How was the install? Pretty straight forward for a typical backyard mechanic?

Old 09-13-2008, 03:28 PM
5 Year Member
I had a set installed and ran them for the weekend. They just didn;t impress me any and were bouncing light all over the place. So i put them in the quad lol They kick ass in the woods!

Old 09-14-2008, 03:38 PM
5 Year Member
Where did you install the ballast? Area under the headlight? 6000k or 8000k on your car?

Old 09-14-2008, 07:57 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by cph81
Where did you install the ballast? Area under the headlight? 6000k or 8000k on your car?
i installed the ballests behind the headlights, i took the headlights out and drilled a few holes on the side of the engine bay frame behind the headlight, im running 6000k, i guess people have personal opinions, i mean they are lights, and they are universal, even if you get a super expensive kit than you still might have the same ploblem, but all the kits i installed are all perfect and they look perfectly fine to me, the only way to get perfect hids is to have projectors, and even to me isnt really worth it, but ya these are great lights and i would recomend them to anyone that want brighter lights at night. 6000k personally is the best temp for visibility, 8000k is the max id say, anymore more than that than your taking away the visibility

Old 09-14-2008, 07:58 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TurboManGT
How was the install? Pretty straight forward for a typical backyard mechanic?
piece of cake to install, i took off the front bumper bec it was easier for me, its direct plug and play so wiring anything to the battery or anything, they worked right off the bat and they work perfect every time

Old 09-15-2008, 09:48 PM
Hmm I might grab a set

Old 09-21-2008, 10:47 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TurboManGT
Hmm I might grab a set
i would, i mean i payed 40 bucks for some damn silver star ultras and they didnt do much more for me, the HID might be cheap (price) but if they are brighter and they look nice, why not! let me know if you get em!

Old 09-22-2008, 10:45 AM
Originally Posted by xonexlifex
piece of cake to install, i took off the front bumper bec it was easier for me, its direct plug and play so wiring anything to the battery or anything, they worked right off the bat and they work perfect every time
Sounds a little strange that you say they worked perfectly right off the bat, but in your email to me you sent:

i bought 5 kits for different cars and they work perfect, never had them go out, they had to warm up when i first put em on, and one wouldnt turn on but after they warmed up they work perfect, but that problem is with all hid kits, they all have to get use to working with ur car before they will work perfect. you can beat that price! go for it!
Now, did they work perfect or did they give you trouble? And how in the world do they "get used to working on your car"?????

Is this a case of if it is too good to be true....? ANYBODY besides xonexlifex order from this seller yet and have good luck

Old 09-22-2008, 06:56 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by brdss
Sounds a little strange that you say they worked perfectly right off the bat, but in your email to me you sent:

Now, did they work perfect or did they give you trouble? And how in the world do they "get used to working on your car"?????

Is this a case of if it is too good to be true....? ANYBODY besides xonexlifex order from this seller yet and have good luck
ok they worked perfectly when i bought em and put em in, like i said before hid kits need a break in period to get there full brightness, when i turned them on for the first time one turned on and one took awhile, i disconnected everything and blew everything off (i think i got some dirt inside one of the connectors and it wasnt getting a direct connection) anyways it worked perfect after that, im sure a lot of people say man dont go with a cheap kit, but ive looked everywhere and the kits are all the same, just different brand, i mean they might sound like its too good to be true but it looks like your not gunna find out because for some damn reason you dont believe me, ive put 5 of these kits on other cars and every one came out working perfect, so dont go asking other people if they bought this kit bec im sure they havnt bec they didnt take the 63 buck risk like i did, i mean its not my loss, its urs i mean seriously, silverstar ultras are 45 bucks with tax, why not live a little?

Old 09-23-2008, 10:56 AM
I did not realize I was speaking with someone with a third grade level of comprehension! That explains a lot!

What is so hard to understand????

You post all over the thread that all 5 kits you bought worked perfectly, did you not? "they worked right off the bat and they work perfect every time"

but what you told me:

"they had to warm up when i first put em on, and one wouldnt turn on but after they warmed up they work perfect, but that problem is with all hid kits, they all have to get use to working with ur car before they will work perfect."

Anybody else see a problem with this? ANYBODY? Now you are saying that dirt or something got in the connector? Funny how the story keeps changing! You did not mention any dirt until now, just that one wouldn't turn on but after they warmed up they "work perfect" LMAO!!!

You have been pushing this kit hard for about 11 days now, never saying a bad word about them in any of your posts, so in that time some other member may have ordered them in and tried them. Who the H3LL are you to tell me not to ask other members if they have tried them????

What I want to know is, are you the one selling them on ebay or is it just a relative of yours?

Old 09-23-2008, 07:02 PM
5 Year Member
I did not realize I was speaking with someone with a third grade level of comprehension! That explains a lot!

What is so hard to understand????

You post all over the thread that all 5 kits you bought worked perfectly, did you not? "they worked right off the bat and they work perfect every time"

but what you told me:

"they had to warm up when i first put em on, and one wouldnt turn on but after they warmed up they work perfect, but that problem is with all hid kits, they all have to get use to working with ur car before they will work perfect."

Anybody else see a problem with this? ANYBODY? Now you are saying that dirt or something got in the connector? Funny how the story keeps changing! You did not mention any dirt until now, just that one wouldn't turn on but after they warmed up they "work perfect" LMAO!!!

You have been pushing this kit hard for about 11 days now, never saying a bad word about them in any of your posts, so in that time some other member may have ordered them in and tried them. Who the H3LL are you to tell me not to ask other members if they have tried them????

What I want to know is, are you the one selling them on ebay or is it just a relative of yours?
dude screw you man i was just trying to help you out and let you know how they are, like i said its your loss not mine, if your that worried about them than dont get the damn lights, if its that important to you, i mean ur wasting my time by saying how stupid i am but you really shuld be looking at urself, im sure that a lot of people havnt helped you because your an ass anyways, i mean i dont even know why im bothering emailing ya back bec your such a waste a time, i type fast so what, i mix sentences up in the wronge order so what, i mean what if i did have a damn problem or something wronge with me and i was just trying to help and you were talking crap, do whatever the hell you want to ur car, its your car! you dont need other opinions to make them make the decision for you, your the idiot for not just taking the HUGE 60 buck risk for some brighter lights, you shouldnt even be on this forum if your just going to talk crap to everyone that tries to help you out. i mean seriously do some damn research and see how the damn things work first before bashing someone else, ask someone else that knows what there talking about bec from what ur saying i dont even though im the only one on here that has these damn lights!

Last edited by xonexlifex; 09-23-2008 at 07:07 PM.
Old 09-24-2008, 10:14 AM
WOW you typed somethign wrong...BIG DEAL!!! not. idk why hes freaking out calling you retarded. haha this is halarious. that dude needs to chill out. I got my HID kits from VVME.com great place,amazing prices, and anythign goes wrong,they replace it for free. I spent $183 and got a 10,000K Bi-Xenon kit(included everythign,relay,harness,ballests,bulbs,instructio ns) EVERYTHING and i got a single beam HID kit too. Incredible price for a Bi-Xenon kit & single beam kit, not to mention Bi-Xenon HID kits go for over $330 a kit.

Old 09-24-2008, 11:27 AM
No,no,no, it was not "so you typed something wrong, big deal!!! Take a look at my first post, asking pretty nicely for further explanation on if they worked "perfectly" or not. Simple question, no? Instead of a response to the reasonable question, all I got was I should not ask if anybody else has tried them!!!! I am sorry, but when I go to buy something, I do not usually look at just one opinion! I look for other reviews! This guy seems to have a problem with that, well tough!! ust because it is "ony about $60" does not mean people should blindly follow some guy posting 100 times "they work perfect! Buy them!" Almost 2 weeks to this post and yet nobody else has had anything good to say about these cheap kits from ebay.

Maybe four or five people will want to buy a set of these and find out if they are good or not, if they are, great!!! They will at least read this whole thread and think about it first instead of just thinking it is all rainbows and cotton candy!

Do what you want, and I will continue to do what I want! Hope you or your family member sucker...I mean sell a lot of people these PERFECT HID kits!

i bought 5 kits for different cars and they work perfect, never had them go out, they had to warm up when i first put em on, and one wouldnt turn on but after they warmed up they work perfect, but that problem is with all hid kits, they all have to get use to working with ur car before they will work perfect. you can beat that price! go for it!

Is this a case of if it is too good to be true....? ANYBODY besides xonexlifex order from this seller yet and have good luck?

Old 09-24-2008, 12:07 PM
5 Year Member
honestly dont see anything wrong with what he typed... from what I know all hid kits do need to warmup. And that 1 kit that didn't.. he had already said it's probably some dirt messing up the connection & not the kit itself. You need to relax, the guy's trying to help you out.

Old 09-24-2008, 12:53 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jayu
honestly dont see anything wrong with what he typed... from what I know all hid kits do need to warmup. And that 1 kit that didn't.. he had already said it's probably some dirt messing up the connection & not the kit itself. You need to relax, the guy's trying to help you out.
wow brdss you are still trying to win this arnt you, you got ur proof from a few people already, they both said that what i put didnt sound wronge at all with them having to warm up, if you would read the damn discription on their site it says it have a damn warrenty for a year, if anything goes wronge than just send em back and they give you a new pair, i mean seriously how can you go wronge there, it just seems like ur out to make people feel like crap just to make you feel better about yourself, like you you have to be tough or something (maybe its just bec ur the one with issues not me) also why do you keep saying im selling these hid kits? or accusing my family does, wow you are retarded thinking thats funny, like i said all i was trying to do is help and you turned it all around and focused on urself, i mean if you cant take the risk and buy the damn kit than ur an idiot, you have really nothing to lose, but whatever man you stated to everyone who you really are and how you treat people so i can see why no one but me tried to help you out.

Old 09-24-2008, 01:03 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jayu
thanx a lot man, like i said i really was trying to help the guy out, i dont know how someone can be that mean to someone thats just trying to help you out and answer the questions he asked.

Old 09-25-2008, 01:47 AM
5 Year Member
i have xentechs which i sell for 120 shipped.

and they are amazing. im rocking the 5000k and i have never gotten pulled over.

i aim mine pretty high too.

but i adjusted it so it wouldnt blind the person on the other side of the road.

must aim the foglights a bit higher too

Old 09-25-2008, 02:24 AM
Originally Posted by SD_MR_FIT
i have xentechs which i sell for 120 shipped.

and they are amazing. im rocking the 5000k and i have never gotten pulled over.

i aim mine pretty high too.

but i adjusted it so it wouldnt blind the person on the other side of the road.

must aim the foglights a bit higher too

Yep, noticed a lot of positive reviews of the Zantechs, unlike the ebay ones this guy is pushing. Waiting for the group buy on them and the new designed power supply.

Funny how I ask if anybody else has tried out these cheapo ones from ebay and this guy gets all upset. Oh well, still do not see anybody else posting positive about the cheap ones. As for having to "warm up" before they start working, never seen any of the OEM's have this problem

Keep on pushing your ebay units, but until I see a few people say they are good (like the zantechs) , I will take it with a grain of salt.

Adios!

Old 09-26-2008, 01:32 AM
Have any of you guys checked out the kits from XenonEyes.com or any other online retailer (non ebay please, just a little too sketchy for me)?

I'm having a hard time finding some that come with shields on them so I don't blind people coming at me.

So, anybody have a straight up answer without flaming involved?

Quick Reply: Hid Lights