Fit Interior & Exterior Illumination Threads discussing interior and exterior lighting modifications for the Fit/Jazz

tail lights

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2008, 12:29 AM
tail lights

does anyone have these or these on a SSM? (or something similar?) it'd be cool to see before i buy... thanks

Old 07-14-2008, 12:31 AM
5 Year Member
those are nearly the price of OEM lights. why not just get the OEM all clear lights?

Old 07-14-2008, 12:34 AM
i honestly like these better im not into the red stripe

Old 07-14-2008, 12:37 AM
5 Year Member
they have all clear OEM JDM lights

Old 07-14-2008, 12:38 AM
5 Year Member
oh, i see what you mean about the red stripe

Old 07-14-2008, 12:40 AM
im sure the OEMs are nicer, but i like the truly all clear... have you seen the OEM all clears on a SSM? if they look cool the others will

Old 07-14-2008, 08:48 AM
Super Moderator
Those taillights are illegal though. There needs to be a red reflector on the back of the car, you could always just put a reflector on the back and be fine. Im also sure that for the most part you will be fine but if a police officer say it he could pull you over and ticket you for it.

Old 07-14-2008, 09:15 AM
Avid FitFreak Poster
5 Year Member
Those are USDM tails but they're clear not OEM JDM tails

Old 07-14-2008, 09:16 AM
Avid FitFreak Poster
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by MNfit
Those taillights are illegal though. There needs to be a red reflector on the back of the car, you could always just put a reflector on the back and be fine. Im also sure that for the most part you will be fine but if a police officer say it he could pull you over and ticket you for it.

Really? I've never heard of that. I've had tones of friends with other cars get all smoked typed lights (including one with a fit) and they've never had popo trouble

Old 07-14-2008, 09:59 AM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by saiko
Really? I've never heard of that. I've had tones of friends with other cars get all smoked typed lights (including one with a fit) and they've never had popo trouble
Just because your friends have not had any trouble with the popo doesn't make it legal, and im sure the reflector is still there just not as visible. I have been running no front plate on my car sense I have owned it and have had no trouble I have even been pulled over for speeding and still nothing about no front plate, but its still illegal to have no front plate in MN. I just mentioned it because id hate for the guy to spend the money on the lights then one day a bored cop sees it and pulls him over.

Old 07-14-2008, 11:44 AM
Avid FitFreak Poster
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by MNfit
Just because your friends have not had any trouble with the popo doesn't make it legal, and im sure the reflector is still there just not as visible. I have been running no front plate on my car sense I have owned it and have had no trouble I have even been pulled over for speeding and still nothing about no front plate, but its still illegal to have no front plate in MN. I just mentioned it because id hate for the guy to spend the money on the lights then one day a bored cop sees it and pulls him over.

haha now that you think about it, i think they do have thin red strips in them... not 100% but you are right

Old 07-14-2008, 04:01 PM
5 Year Member
I thought in MN you could have it in the window/visible on the front like in ND...or maybe that's illegal in nd, just every kid with a civic does it :P

Old 07-14-2008, 04:08 PM
5 Year Member
We have them on our SSM for the same reason you're talking about. I didn't want ANY red. I don't think they're illegal...they have DOT stamped on the lense. Fit will be home later if you want a picture.

OH, BTW, they fit horrible. I had to stretch wires, clip a tab off of them, grind the lense so they didn't hit the body, and file the housing so the sockets would fit in.

Old 07-14-2008, 04:35 PM
a picture would be great thanks! and the work would be worth it for the no red look imo

Old 07-14-2008, 04:38 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GAFIT
We have them on our SSM for the same reason you're talking about. I didn't want ANY red. I don't think they're illegal...they have DOT stamped on the lense. Fit will be home later if you want a picture.

OH, BTW, they fit horrible. I had to stretch wires, clip a tab off of them, grind the lense so they didn't hit the body, and file the housing so the sockets would fit in.
Even tho the DOT is stamped they are illegal. You must have a Reflector in your taillights. Thats why the older JDM lights for Civics are illegal.. They dont have reflectors in them. This is probably like those Non DOT helmets that still have the DOT sticker on them.

Old 07-14-2008, 05:20 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by JDMchris.com
Even tho the DOT is stamped they are illegal. You must have a Reflector in your taillights. Thats why the older JDM lights for Civics are illegal.. They dont have reflectors in them. This is probably like those Non DOT helmets that still have the DOT sticker on them.
Do they have to be red reflectors? These have reflectors...they're just silver. Note the inside bottom of each lense.

I should be able to get a picture of them in about 45 minutes...please excuse the dirty car. Lots of rain here.

Old 07-14-2008, 06:26 PM
5 Year Member
Sorry for the bad pics...let me know if these give you a good enough idea. I'm clearly not a photographer.

Old 07-14-2008, 06:32 PM
Not bad it is kinda like going murdered out with a black car but with silver lol......

Old 07-14-2008, 06:37 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Fitcapo
Not bad it is kinda like going murdered out with a black car but with silver lol......
LOL...that was my exact idea. I don't want anything on the car that's not a shade of silver, gray, or black...no color. My next step is to dissassemble the headlights so I can silver over the orange reflector. That's the only color left.

Old 07-14-2008, 08:48 PM
thanks for taking the time to post those pics. your fit looks sick! the funny thing is, those orange headlight reflectors are my next target too ...keep us posted

another question: i can't tell, inside the lights (the housing), is it like matte dark gray paint? and does it look good with the car's paint? -thanks man

Last edited by soco89; 07-14-2008 at 11:03 PM.

Quick Reply: tail lights