Fit Interior & Exterior Illumination Threads discussing interior and exterior lighting modifications for the Fit/Jazz

Fog Lights

Old 07-31-2008, 08:32 PM
Fog Lights

I have been trying to figure out what my first mod would be, just got new fit about 6 weeks ago, been riding nice. I went to go into a job site only to find the passenger fog light had been hit and shattered by a rock or something. Fog lights maybe my first mod.

What would you all recommend for replacements, should I just go with the factory or is there some good aftermarket fog lights that I should check into.

Thanks

Old 08-01-2008, 08:10 PM
Ok, maybe no mod ides, but I have been looking all over the net, I can find the whole fog light assembly but I can not seem to locate just the light and the plastic cover over the bulb, if someone can point me in the direction of a reputable site for this. I do not really want to go back to the same dealer I purchased the car from.

Old 08-01-2008, 08:31 PM
Formerly "bitoy"
5 Year Member
you can't find just the cover coz it's a sealed assembly so you are gonna have to buy the whole thing. the only mods that people do on their fogs are putting on the yellow film on the lens or putting hids in there.

Old 08-01-2008, 10:31 PM
Bitoy, thanks for the reply. Do you mean I have to purchase the whole assembly, I thought that the light part screwed out from the painted part and you could just replace that piece.

The parts that I was looking at many websites, had the painted plastic light and other pieces for adding them to your vehicle.

Old 08-02-2008, 12:16 AM
Formerly "bitoy"
5 Year Member
I think you have to by the whole housing try asking the dealer. Also what's the color of your fit? some of the fog mods here has a black housing w/ the yellow film on the lens on some other colored fits, if you want the cheaper once try ebay or here's the link eBay Motors: 06 07 08 HONDA FIT JDM YELLOW LENS FOG LIGHTS W/ SWITCH (item 360074818452 end time Aug-02-08 13:18:34 PDT)

Old 08-02-2008, 08:19 AM
TWB is the color, hard color to find anything that matches. I looked at all the Dealer and Aftermarket sites listed on another thread. I have found red, orange, vbp, black, no twb. I maybe looking at making the fog lights black if I have to purchase the whole housing, hard to believe one busted light might end up costing me a few hundred dollars with no real mod to speak of.

Old 08-02-2008, 10:29 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Vorlon
TWB is the color, hard color to find anything that matches. I looked at all the Dealer and Aftermarket sites listed on another thread. I have found red, orange, vbp, black, no twb. I maybe looking at making the fog lights black if I have to purchase the whole housing, hard to believe one busted light might end up costing me a few hundred dollars with no real mod to speak of.
If keeping costs down is important, get one of the $80 ebay kits, replace both fogs and leave them black. I can't vouch for the quality though since I've never seen them.

I added the Honda kit fogs to my base VBP and the black looks great.

Old 08-02-2008, 05:36 PM
checked with the dealer to day, need to replace the whole thing just like you guys said. Those ones on ebay look pretty good but I am reluctant to purchase there, guess I will look around see what I can find; now that I know what I am looking for.

Thanks alot for the help.

Old 08-03-2008, 10:03 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Vorlon
checked with the dealer to day, need to replace the whole thing just like you guys said. Those ones on ebay look pretty good but I am reluctant to purchase there, guess I will look around see what I can find; now that I know what I am looking for.

Thanks alot for the help.
You can get the ebay fogs from a regular internet shop, here's a link from one of the fitfreak forum sponsors -

Honda Fit OEM Type Fog Lights - LFFIT06OEM-SD
(note, they're not in stock but call them to see if they'll order them for you or answer your questions)

Assuming the basic fit is the same, it should be a 10 min (or less) job per housing - remove one screw, take the housing out of the bumper, unplug bulb from back of housing, plug bulb in new housing, insert into bumper, put screw back. Don't touch the bulb with your fingers, the oils from your skin will destroy the halogen bulb. If the bulb and socket are wiped out, just use the one from the kit. The connectors are likely the same. If the connectors are different, you may be in for a longer job and I can't guarantee they'll be the same since I haven't worked with the kit. You could contact zeta products via this forum and ask them.

I can vouch for how easy it is because I installed the Honda fog kit on my base VBP.

RG

Last edited by Rob22315; 08-03-2008 at 10:13 AM.
Old 08-03-2008, 11:15 PM
Thanks for all the help, I would like to get the ebay ones because of the price, I would like to hear some feed back from anyone that has purchased those ones. I am also going to give Zeta a call to see how they are.

Old 08-12-2008, 12:30 AM
wdb
5 Year Member
I'm currently in the process of replacing my stock Sport fogs with Hella foglights. It involves resusing the stock plastic surround piece, taking off the stock lamp and adjuster, and installing the Hella lamps using a special bracket.

I have one side done so far and I have to say that I'm impressed with how much more light the Hella makes than the stocker. At first I thought it wasn't much, but then I alternately covered up the stock foglight and the Hella light and compared them that way. Wowie.

Anyway it's all still very much a work in progress. I'll post up when I have a more complete story to tell. If all goes well I am going to try to put a group buy together and get a local outfit to whip up conversion kits.

Old 09-02-2008, 03:04 AM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
Originally Posted by wdb
I'm currently in the process of replacing my stock Sport fogs with Hella foglights. It involves resusing the stock plastic surround piece, taking off the stock lamp and adjuster, and installing the Hella lamps using a special bracket.

I have one side done so far and I have to say that I'm impressed with how much more light the Hella makes than the stocker. At first I thought it wasn't much, but then I alternately covered up the stock foglight and the Hella light and compared them that way. Wowie.

Anyway it's all still very much a work in progress. I'll post up when I have a more complete story to tell. If all goes well I am going to try to put a group buy together and get a local outfit to whip up conversion kits.
are you using the micro DE lamps for this?

Old 09-04-2008, 09:52 PM
wdb
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Shaggs2Dope
are you using the micro DE lamps for this?
Nope, I used Hella FF50 lamps, which are exactly the same shape as the stockers. I've had a bunch of family foo to deal with lately so it may be a while until I get the other lamp installed, but I plan to take a bunch of pictures when I do and post here on the project.

Old 09-04-2008, 10:45 PM
If I send you money for the shipping would you mind sending me the broken light?

There is something I would like to try without having to destroy a new/good housing

Old 09-08-2008, 08:27 PM
I posted this in another thread but here is my input about JDM Foglights from eBay on a Base 08 Honda Fit

I have bought the cheap-o fog lights off of e-bay. Original link said "New 07-08 Honda Fit OEM Clear Super White Fog light Complete Set". For 80 bucks it seemed like a good deal. Here are the warnings I have for anyone considering it.

1. No template was provide to cut the holes. That's not that big of a deal because those are easier enough to judge.

2. The directions do not match up correctly to it for the wiring.

3. Exterior wiring harness didnt connect correctly to the blue taped wire. Again, not a big problem because I just cut the connection and spliced the wires together.

4. The interior wiring harness didn't match up at all. I emphasize NOT AT ALL.

5. The switch they provided was too big for the slot. It slid into the slot correctly and all, but you can't press or depress the button at all.

I'm still waiting to take it to a professional to get their opinion on the interior wiring. The car has a nice fog light look to it, but the lights do not work at all. I'll post an update once I get the lights working. In the end even with the hassle these cheap ones may be worth the discount even with the severe problems.

If anyone has any ideas or questions I can take the car apart again and take pictures. I can post pictures of the interior wiring harness if needed for anyone.

Old 09-08-2008, 10:57 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
my car came with the fogs, so i dont need the wiring. how do they actually fit on the bumper and hows the light output?

Old 09-09-2008, 12:44 PM
Light output from mine is nil as of yet. They look good just sitting in there. You can barely tell them apart from stock ones. The only difference is these are matte black, as opposed to the same color as the car. Minor ascetic values that can easily be changed at a later date. Tomorrow I'm taking the car to a guy who knows how to do the interior wiring so I'll post back when I test the lights themselves.

Old 09-09-2008, 10:52 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
well, if it looks identical I will probably go this route, and keep the color matched bezels for later

Old 09-10-2008, 11:52 PM
If anyone does go this route I'd have to say, try to get instructions. Otherwise you'll have to do all of the wiring yourself and at that point you can throw out the instructions once you get the bumper off. I had to take the bumper off, the driver side head light, and the side pannel of the car between the door and the bumper. Theres a DIY thread which I have photos of parts of what I had done.

Old 11-19-2008, 10:06 AM
so did u buy the fogs yet?

when my gf bought the fit, the sales guy persuaded us to buy the fogs for like 450$+tax..but apparently, he didn't install it..wtf i complained and they gave us 2 free oil change, but still didn't install it and it'll be a pain to cut the foggie..

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Fog Lights