Fit Interior & Exterior Illumination Threads discussing interior and exterior lighting modifications for the Fit/Jazz

Base Model Foglight wiring.. wtf!

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2008, 11:12 AM
Base Model Foglight wiring.. wtf!

So I've got the foglights in the bumper and all, but the wiring doesn't make any kind of sense to me. Is there already a harness going from the fender to inside the driver's side fuse box? If not, how do you route the harness inside the car? If there is a harness already routed, how do you connect to it?

I've read the instructions from Honda and I've read the DIY threads on here, but I just can't see these connectors in my car (especially in the fuse box).

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks.

Old 10-12-2008, 11:50 AM
5 Year Member
yes there are wires pre-installed in the car. They are DEEP behind the bumper, if i remember correctly it's located behind the window washer bottle. Have u taken the bumper off? it's easier 2 spot when it's off. It's also wrapped up hidden so no dirt gets inside, that's why u can't see it, it's not just hanging there.

as for the fuse box, i'm not too sure about that. Look up the honda instructions and u'll find it.

Old 10-12-2008, 12:15 PM
Windshield Washer bottle!? Shit, I've been looking on the driver's side... :|

Yes the bumper is off, and I have connected that '1 pin connector' in the fender well. However, the harness I have has all these connections (green plug, gray plug and a relay) all sticking out towards the front end.. What the hell are they supposed to connect to?? I've read the Honda instructions over and over again and I've yet to understand what I have to do in the fuse box as well.

Very frustrating for something that's supposed to be 'plug and play'.

Last edited by ImPuLsIvE.ca; 10-12-2008 at 12:36 PM.
Old 10-13-2008, 09:55 AM
Hmm.. I've seem to come to a conclusion.

Either I don't have a switch harness in the dash of the car (anywhere near the driver's side fuse panel), or the power-door lock feature I had installed by the dealer took it over.

This is now day 2 where I have the foglights in the bumper, with no way of turning them on *sigh*.

Is there a different way of powering the fogs? Like hooking them up to the headlight (low beam) wiring or something?

Old 10-15-2008, 02:21 PM
Wow.

Thanks for all the help!

Glad to this site is so full of helpful people.

Old 10-15-2008, 04:00 PM
5 Year Member
YEa I hear you I have been helping a another Fit and trying to figure out the wiring....did you buy the OEM or Zeta?

Old 10-15-2008, 07:44 PM
5 Year Member
I'm going to be doing this too! soon as I get my new bumper... if I am feeling ambitious I'll do a write-up with pics for anyone doing it in the future.

Old 10-16-2008, 01:59 AM
5 Year Member
ARe you getting the zeta kit or OEM....if you are doing a DIY please very detailed!!! =) and lots of picture!!!! =)

Old 10-16-2008, 02:17 AM
i feel ya... im stuck on the zetas too

Old 10-16-2008, 09:27 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ImPuLsIvE.ca
Hmm.. I've seem to come to a conclusion.

Either I don't have a switch harness in the dash of the car (anywhere near the driver's side fuse panel), or the power-door lock feature I had installed by the dealer took it over.

This is now day 2 where I have the foglights in the bumper, with no way of turning them on *sigh*.

Is there a different way of powering the fogs? Like hooking them up to the headlight (low beam) wiring or something?
The fogs and the keyless entry use the same connector above the fuze box. IIRC, you have to plug one in first, the other piggybacks on the first one. The instructions that came with the keyless entry show how to do it see paragraph 10. Here's are links to the electronic instructions -

http://www.collegehillshonda.com/ins...ylessentry.pdf
http://www.collegehillshonda.com/ins.../foglights.pdf

I didn't see where you said whether you were using the OEM kit or the Zeta kit. If you're using the Zeta kit, you'll have to check the wiring harnesses to see how they match up with the OEM kit. If you post some pictures of the harness, switch and relay, we may be able to help you better.

Old 10-16-2008, 09:37 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ImPuLsIvE.ca
Windshield Washer bottle!? Shit, I've been looking on the driver's side... :|

Yes the bumper is off, and I have connected that '1 pin connector' in the fender well. However, the harness I have has all these connections (green plug, gray plug and a relay) all sticking out towards the front end.. What the hell are they supposed to connect to?? I've read the Honda instructions over and over again and I've yet to understand what I have to do in the fuse box as well.
The 1 pin connector is behind the driver's side headlight as you've already discovered. Aside from that and the ground, the rest of the wiring is between the switch and the fuze panel. For the wiring by the fuze panel,

Check the wiring instruction drawing in the OEM instructions - you should have two five pin connectors, one 13 pin connector, one 20 pin connector and one 2 pin connector. These go into the switch (a five pin), the fuze panel or keyless entry harness (a five pin), the mirror switch wiring (13 pin), the fuze panel (20 pin), and a random connector in the rats nest of wires (2 pin). All the locations are shown in steps 39-50 of the foglights instructions

If you have the zeta version and the wiring harness is different, you're screwed. Post some pics.

Old 10-16-2008, 10:31 PM
5 Year Member
if your in cali let me know when you do the diy... ill take the pics while you do the work so you dont have to keep pausing

Old 10-17-2008, 01:36 AM
5 Year Member
I'm not sure if I will get the OEM or the Zeta, Ive been hearing some negative things about installing Zeta with parts not fitting and whatnot... but the price is really good! I'll keep you all updated.. Might be a few weeks though.

Old 10-17-2008, 07:44 PM
Originally Posted by Rob22315
The 1 pin connector is behind the driver's side headlight as you've already discovered. Aside from that and the ground, the rest of the wiring is between the switch and the fuze panel. For the wiring by the fuze panel,

Check the wiring instruction drawing in the OEM instructions - you should have two five pin connectors, one 13 pin connector, one 20 pin connector and one 2 pin connector. These go into the switch (a five pin), the fuze panel or keyless entry harness (a five pin), the mirror switch wiring (13 pin), the fuze panel (20 pin), and a random connector in the rats nest of wires (2 pin). All the locations are shown in steps 39-50 of the foglights instructions

If you have the zeta version and the wiring harness is different, you're screwed. Post some pics.
i think the wiring is messed up on the zetas.