Fit Interior & Exterior Illumination Threads discussing interior and exterior lighting modifications for the Fit/Jazz

2009+ GE8 RS Style DEPO LED Tail Lights

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2009, 06:46 PM
2009+ GE8 RS Style DEPO LED Tail Lights

Fitment is just like stock. Everything was Plug n' Play. I wound up using the stock turn signal bulbs( I like the color better)
I will post night shots and video (in HD ) when I get home.
Linky
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2009-...#ht_1366wt_939
YouTube - Fit GE8 RS Style DEPO Tail Lights
On to the pics

Last edited by BIZTAKE; 02-06-2010 at 06:16 PM. Reason: added new link To LED Tails
Old 08-16-2009, 06:17 AM
looks good! just a few quick questions..

was it straight up plug n' play? did anything have to be changed? and are the ge's like the gd where you have to remove the rear bumper to change the taillights?

thanks in advance

Old 08-16-2009, 05:43 PM
Very Straight Forward

Originally Posted by sedanimal
looks good! just a few quick questions..

was it straight up plug n' play? did anything have to be changed? and are the ge's like the gd where you have to remove the rear bumper to change the taillights?

thanks in advance
Three 8mm nuts on each side. That's it! I was done in twenty minutes.
New light bulb sockets and bulbs are provided, the stock one's on the GE won't fit due too different size cut outs on the tail light housing itself. The stoplight/brake connector is part of the LED light assemblies(their are two per side). You simply disconnect the connector from your stock bulb and plug it into the connector on the tail light. I have since put in RED LED 7440 turn signals, giving the tail lights a nice, uniform look.

Old 08-16-2009, 07:09 PM
Originally Posted by BIZTAKE
New light bulb sockets and bulbs are provided, the stock one's on the GE won't fit due too different size cut outs on the tail light housing itself. The stoplight/brake connector is part of the LED light assemblies(their are two per side). You simply disconnect the connector from your stock bulb and plug it into the connector on the tail light. I have since put in RED LED 7440 turn signals, giving the tail lights a nice, uniform look.
thanks for the info! looks good. subtle, but definitely different.

Old 08-19-2009, 02:42 PM
Sweet! Thanks for the video too!

Question: Are just the "running lights" LED? Or is EVERYTHING LED? (reverse, signals, etc)

Also ... (I don't have a Fit yet...) The centre brake light on the Fit is LED stock? Or no...

Old 08-19-2009, 02:59 PM
In the Video...

Originally Posted by kai-wun
Sweet! Thanks for the video too!

Question: Are just the "running lights" LED? Or is EVERYTHING LED? (reverse, signals, etc)

Also ... (I don't have a Fit yet...) The centre brake light on the Fit is LED stock? Or no...
I was running just LED's on the tail lights. The turn signal and reverse light are regular bulbs. The High Mount I cant really say if it is LED or not. It is the stock part.

Old 08-30-2009, 02:13 PM
5 Year Member
Hows reverse? lol

Old 08-30-2009, 03:24 PM
I was running just LED's on the tail lights. The turn signal and reverse light are regular bulbs. The High Mount I cant really say if it is LED or not. It is the stock part.
i took the third apart for something.. and found out that it's LEDs

Old 08-30-2009, 10:19 PM
Wow

Originally Posted by sedanimal
i took the third apart for something.. and found out that it's LEDs

Thats great!!!

Old 10-05-2009, 11:55 AM
5 Year Member
Thanks for the info! I'll be getting these soon. Wish there were more leds on the brake light section is all.

Is this all it takes?

Last edited by Hondafrk; 10-06-2009 at 07:21 AM.
Old 10-06-2009, 07:19 AM
5 Year Member
I think it was also asked...whats the steps for removing the taillights? Do you have to remove the bumper?

Old 10-06-2009, 09:54 AM
i also just changed out my tails for the smoked version of the light above. The tail lights are quite possibly the easiest thing to swap out on this vehicle as long as you don't have to modify the wiring. To remove the tail lights do the following:

1.Pull off trim pieces in either side of the cargo bay (you'll see them they are directly
behind each tail light on the interior of the vehicle). They have a small inset on left
hand side of the piece, a flat blade screw driver with little force cause them to just
pop right off.

2. Behind those you will find the wiring harness for the tail lights as well as three 8mm
hex nuts, which are screwed onto studs in the tail light, holding it securely to the
vehicle. I broke the nuts free and cautiously unscrewed them with my fingers, one
by one, because if you drop them you either have to replace them or remove the
entire interior side panel of trim on that side of the vehicle to get the nut back.

3. Once you have the nuts unscrewed the light will simply loosen and slide out
because the only thing securing it are the wires from the harness. The harness
doesn't really give you a lot of room to work, but there is just enough room to
unplug wires, change bulbs, etc.

4. Unplug all the wires and the entire tail light assembly will be free from the car.
There are 3 or 4 plastic studs molded to the tail light that slide into small drilled and
grommeted holes in the car. Be aware of those when you are putting the
replacement lights in. Simply reattach all the plugs, line up the plastic studs and
make sure they're all sliding in correctly, put the nuts back on the metal studs,
tighten the studs down, snap your trim pieces back on and you're done!

I also had a blinker bulb go out about an hour after installing the new lights. So I had to go through the entire process over again to change the bulb. It only took me about 8 minutes to change the bulb. It's very easy, no one should be worried about swapping out thier tails no matter how unhandy they are. There is no excuse.

Old 11-18-2009, 04:51 AM
Hi Biztake,

Do you know who is the seller of this tail lights in ebay? The link you provided expired and I am wondering if i can email/contact the seller and ask if he still have this tail lights?

Thanks....

Old 11-20-2009, 08:21 PM
hi guys..... im currently driving a honda jazz in singapore. wondering where can i get this RS DEPO tailamps? thanx

Old 02-06-2010, 06:04 PM
5 Year Member
are there replacement leds/bulbs for the depo taillights?
if one of the leds blew that would suck if there is nothing that could be done about it

Old 02-06-2010, 06:09 PM
I really don't know

Originally Posted by jookybanana
are there replacement leds/bulbs for the depo taillights?
if one of the leds blew that would suck if there is nothing that could be done about it
This is the reason I have my stock tail lights sitting in storage. The LED clusters are sealed units. They cannot be replaced.

Old 02-16-2010, 11:18 PM
5 Year Member
Does anyone know where I can find the RS Depo lights? All the ones I see are smoked.

Old 03-03-2010, 09:09 PM
here in chi-town, snows been melting so there's a tiny bit of condensation on one of my tail lights. is this normal? its only a small bit and there has never been condensation before. i installed my taillights back in august. does moisture have anything to do with warmer temperature?

Old 03-04-2010, 07:45 PM
Interested in grabbing a set of the smoked LED tails on Ebay right now by DEPO and was wondering if anyone has had any quality issues with fogging, cracking or LED failure.

Old 03-05-2010, 01:45 AM
5 Year Member
FITproject,

I've had it for over 0.5 years now and no issues whatsoever. No fog issues no burnt out LED. It looks very OEM; quality is indistinguisable from stock. You won't regret it. One precaution is when u install them take care not to break one of the bolts cux spaces are tight in there.

Quick Reply: 2009+ GE8 RS Style DEPO LED Tail Lights