Fit Interior & Exterior Illumination Threads discussing interior and exterior lighting modifications for the Fit/Jazz

Changed headlights to Xenon 5000K and now can't see well

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2009, 06:23 AM
5 Year Member
Changed headlights to Xenon 5000K and now can't see well

All I did was swap the bulbs. The original lights had a lot of distance on low beams. The new bulbs have very little. I doubt just swapping bulbs would affect headlight adjustment. Any suggestions? Do I need to adjust headlights? Is it easy on a 09 Sport?

Thanks

bill

Old 10-26-2009, 10:24 AM
i love college
get projectors. hids without them suck 100% of the time

Old 10-26-2009, 10:49 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by keepitpg
get projectors. hids without them suck 100% of the time
Why suck? No money for HIDs. So how do I adjust them?

Old 10-26-2009, 11:34 AM
I'm assuming you swapped your OEM headlights for some of the blue tinted bulbs? If thats the case swap back to OEM and throw away the bulbs you just bought. If you want HID's save up and buy them, but the blue tinted bulbs are shit for light output.

Old 10-26-2009, 11:50 AM
5 Year Member
I bought white ones. Same problem?

Old 10-26-2009, 01:48 PM
Do the bulbs look blue? They'll say they're white, but if the bulb is blue and it isn't a name brand such as PIAA then likely its going to suck.

Old 10-26-2009, 03:25 PM
5 Year Member
Here is link to an Ebay Item. Mine are in the same packaging except they say 5000K Extreme white. When I look at then even off there appears to be some blue showing.

So there is nothing I can do other than replace them with OEM or use real HIDs? If using HIDs with ballasts any suggestions as to brands?

Thanks

Old 10-26-2009, 11:05 PM
any bulb w/ a tint, blue or otherwise, is going to limit your light output when compared to a bulb w/o a coating. it makes sense, does it not?

Old 10-27-2009, 01:35 PM
5 Year Member
Ive been through so many hid look alike dumb ass bulbs out there. Theres nothing like the real thing. Just go on ebay and get a set of real hids with ballests for like 50 bux. I did and i will never ever go back. I think i payed like 77 bux shipping included for my bixenons. Man do they work good. Only get 4300k to 6000k tho or ull loose the brightness and the whole point to hids, to see better!

Old 10-27-2009, 04:11 PM
i'm actually hoping he doesn't go the drop-in HID route, either. yup.

Old 10-27-2009, 04:47 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by neil patrick harris
i'm actually hoping he doesn't go the drop-in HID route, either. yup.
Originally Posted by xonexlifex
Ive been through so many hid look alike dumb ass bulbs out there. Theres nothing like the real thing. Just go on ebay and get a set of real hids with ballests for like 50 bux. I did and i will never ever go back. I think i payed like 77 bux shipping included for my bixenons. Man do they work good. Only get 4300k to 6000k tho or ull loose the brightness and the whole point to hids, to see better!
OK that's my schooling for today. I now know what to do. Hopefully it will help others as well.

Anybody wanna buy a pair of HID imitation bulbs?

Old 10-27-2009, 04:49 PM
I have an 09 sport as well and just to make the lighting alil better till I buy good hids I had a set of sylvania silver star bulbs in my tool box. Put them in and they work great. I know that they are like $40 normally but for those who dont wanna go hid this is a great investment. the light output is great and they are a very very clear and bright shade of white.

Old 10-27-2009, 05:00 PM
...Man do they work good...
i hate to be that guy. if you're putting them in your stock reflector housing, you're doing a good job of blinding drivers in front of you.

Old 10-27-2009, 05:09 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by PhishesSleeper
I have an 09 sport as well and just to make the lighting alil better till I buy good hids I had a set of sylvania silver star bulbs in my tool box. Put them in and they work great. I know that they are like $40 normally but for those who dont wanna go hid this is a great investment. the light output is great and they are a very very clear and bright shade of white.
Ok i went through about 3 sets of silver stars through two different cars. There total junk. Just get real hids and ull b set

Old 10-27-2009, 05:13 PM
5 Year Member
i hate to be that guy. if you're putting them in your stock reflector housing, you're doing a good job of blinding drivers in front of you.
Thats y u get the ones with the shields. Ask rayyyyyyy or jdmchris and they will tell u everything about how they dont blind anyone. Ive never been flashed once and i have them aimed pretty high.

Old 10-27-2009, 05:22 PM
Thats y u get the ones with the shields. Ask rayyyyyyy or jdmchris and they will tell u everything about how they dont blind anyone. Ive never been flashed once and i have them aimed pretty high.
i've seen those kits. i'd love to see a beam pattern of your lights aimed at a wall in front of you.

Old 10-27-2009, 09:45 PM
5 Year Member
Ok i went through about 3 sets of silver stars through two different cars. There total junk. Just get real hids and ull b set
The number of sets you have gone through is irrelevant unless you tell us the amount of time each set was used for until they died. I am using hid "look a likes" (Phillips) on a different car (which is driven frequently) and they're still working fine, and its been over 2 years.

Just saying...they're not that bad compared to HID's.

Old 10-27-2009, 10:22 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by DarkFit
The number of sets you have gone through is irrelevant unless you tell us the amount of time each set was used for until they died. I am using hid "look a likes" (Phillips) on a different car (which is driven frequently) and they're still working fine, and its been over 2 years.

Just saying...they're not that bad compared to HID's.
ok i had two sets on a 2004 honda civic blow out in one month so i gave up and went to hids, i had one set in the fit that last maybe a month or so before they blew out, there nice until they burn out but nothing compared to hids, but if you want them to last than buy hids, if you want them to burn out in a max of six months for the same price then buy silverstars, its up to you, but its my personal experience. it isnt my car, i just would try something different especially if its around the same price, rock em until they burn out in a few years or keep em as back up, but hids are the way to go

Old 10-27-2009, 10:25 PM
5 Year Member
i've seen those kits. i'd love to see a beam pattern of your lights aimed at a wall in front of you.

the beam patteren is much better with shields bec they suround most of the bulb, the beam pattern is awesome compared to the ones with no shield, when i had the other standard ones in i still never got flashed but i could def notice the difference in glare and beam pattern. bixenons with shields are the closest you can get to retrofit without spending 400 bux.

Old 10-28-2009, 02:57 AM
Touched by his noodly appendage
Its a losing battle bro. People will never listen because they think theyre $70 xenon bulbs are the shit when they have no knowledge of how the lightwaves coming out of a xenon light source compare to that of a halogen light source. Plug and play kits are NOT REAL HID'S. All those kits are is the bulbs and ballasts of a REAL HID SYSTEM. A real HID system needs a projector to properly focus that extra light that the xenon bulb provides. Without a projector the light will be scattered, it will aim towards the sky and not on the ground. The beam pattern will be extremely narrow and blinding to oncoming drivers. Light is not light, there is more to it. But just because the bulb is brighter people will assume that the mirrors on the OEM headlights can properly handle all that extra light. Anybody that wants to know the truth can simply do their own research and learn some valuable information. HID kits are the new underbody neons. Very poorly executed and tasteless modification.

Last edited by qbmurderer13; 10-28-2009 at 03:00 AM.

Quick Reply: Changed headlights to Xenon 5000K and now can't see well