Fit Interior & Exterior Illumination Threads discussing interior and exterior lighting modifications for the Fit/Jazz

Photo Phavor Needed from Sport Owner

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2013, 10:30 PM
5 Year Member
Photo Phavor Needed from Sport Owner

OK, wondering if there is a Sport owner out there will to do all us Base owners a HUGE favor....

For installing maplights in the base unit...we need to cut out the headliner. I would be willing to put together a PDF template for the cut-out. What I'd like is for a Sport owner to pop the lens on their maplights...dismount the unit by removing the two bolts...and then CAREFULLY take a few photos trying hard to keep the camera perpendicular to the opening in the headliner. Also, wouldn't hurt to have a few measurements...across the opening, from the edge of the opening to the indent in the headliner material. I envision a template that we can simply place in the indent marking in the headliner and trace a cut-out in.

I would create/post the PDF...I can 'brand' it with your Username if you'd like...and the Fit Freak logo. I'll try to add pics that show wiring pins for the unit. You can email it to me at:
keithwr AT aspirus DOT org

SO...any Sport owners feeling gracious!?! ) Please?