Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   Fit Interior & Exterior Illumination (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-interior-exterior-illumination/)
-   -   How to guide: Upgrade interior bulbs to LED (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-interior-exterior-illumination/83738-how-guide-upgrade-interior-bulbs-led.html)

spaghetina 10-06-2014 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by Darkshowdo (Post 1269399)
Anyone got any links for recommended LED interior lighting for the foot wells, And that would turn on when the dome light is on.
Maybe even cup holder LED's

I don't have any rec's, but I know noripwr modded his cupholders with LEDs, so you may want to ask him. He did say that there was some drilling into the holders though, so beware if you're concerned about liquids dripping down.

Here's the post:
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-...ml#post1260652

I'm pretty sure I saw someone with LED strip illuminated foot wells in the "What Mods/Accessories for your new GK???" thread, but I can't find the exact post.

cheesewhiz 10-06-2014 10:02 PM

Cupholder LED's

Originally Posted by Darkshowdo (Post 1269399)
Anyone got any links for recommended LED interior lighting for the foot wells, And that would turn on when the dome light is on.
Maybe even cup holder LED's

There's actually a post by noripwr in Rottboy's thread with cupholder LEDs installed, scroll down the page till you see the pictures (page 15, link should get you there):

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-...new-gk-15.html

Good luck!

UPDATE: Spaghetina beat me to it!

CIOWN 10-07-2014 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by spaghetina (Post 1268805)
I just did this today, too, using the JTech bulbs that CIOWN posted. A few of my bulbs arrived DOA

Remember that if the bulb doesn't light to turn them around in the socket.

Built-in current limiting resistor and diode to protect the LED from reversed polarity + - installation. (If they don't light after inserting into the socket, please insert oppositely or flip the bulb horizontally to match the + and - polarity). Also, try to pull the pins on the base outwards and sideward a little in case the bulb is slightly loose in socket.

kristoffer 10-14-2014 10:41 PM

Can you take a photo of the interior led's you got from collegehillshonda? Are they white, or do they have blue in them? What is the brand name on the packaging? I appreciate any of your help.

kristoffer 10-14-2014 10:46 PM

Can you post a pic of the lights on? What brand is on the packaging? Are they bluish at all, or all whit?

Originally Posted by pschwartz14 (Post 1252793)
I bought an overpriced kit from College Hills Honda. It came with three bulbs like the ones above plus a fourth bulb that was a flat disc with 6 LEDs all on one side. It looked like this one available on Amazon:
Amazon.com: LEDwholesalers Side Plug T10 194 wedge Base 12V 6 5050 SMD LED Warm White, 1427WW: Automotive

That's the one I used for the cargo area.

Both my Dad and I were very impressed by the improvement in the amount and quality of light. I was shocked at the difference really. And it made him want to install some in his Ford Escape.

I recommend a plastic knife or some other straight edge plastic to reduce the likelihood of scratches.

TheDandee 11-19-2014 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by ADVphotography (Post 1252616)

I ordered some bulbs while reading this thread because I like the cool white of LED. But then later when I got in the car my interior lights really seem to be brighter and whiter then the one on the right in this photo already. Much closer to the one on the left.

However, the trunk light looks like the same low powered yellow light.

I wonder if something was changed later in the manufacturing runs.

pacothebandit 05-21-2015 02:07 AM

Originally Posted by ADVphotography (Post 1252811)
Yes, the license plate bulbs are the same "Wedge" style bulb. The bulbs I used from the license plate are from the same 10-pack I used for the interior. I'll post a How-to here in the next couple days on the process. Its easy.

Here's a couple photos from when I did the license plate:

The brightness is perfect. Not too bright, not too dark. Just kinda "glows"
https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2923/...65e25a62_z.jpg

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5570/...df3ab927_z.jpg

You're in Kirkland?! I am in Mount Lake Terrace

jukeboxx13 06-24-2015 12:30 AM

Do these lights dim till they turn off or stay on all the time in dim mode?

Peterjens 06-30-2015 12:17 AM

Removing the lenses (covers)

I installed LEDs tonight - map, dome, and cargo. Even though I studied the images provided by the OP, I was hesitant because I didn't want to break the lenses. So I googled and found this link. It is not specific to Fits but apparently Honda installs like parts in its other models.
Armed with the plastic removal tool which was linked earlier, I was successful in the removal process. Oh, and thanks to the posters who noted that if the bulb doesn't light to remove it and rotate it 180.

therog 07-06-2015 06:04 PM

Thanks for the post for the lights. Looks awesome.

dcoaster 07-19-2015 04:34 PM

Thanks so much! Very easy installation and great results!

2Rismo2 09-25-2015 05:15 PM

Just wanted to say thanks for all the info on this thread. I was able to upgrade all the interior, license plate and front corner lamps to LED. The hardest ones were the license plate. Mine just wouldn't budge but I kept at them and they finally moved to the right. I took off my plate as well to give me just a little more room to work.

simonx314 11-21-2015 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by ADVphotography (Post 1252616)
My LED lights came in today so I decided I might as well do a write up. ...

Thanks, ADVphotography! I followed your instructions and replaced all my interior bulbs in about 15 minutes. I love how much brighter it is and the pure white light gives the interior an upscale feel. I can buckle my kid in to her carseat much faster now because before it was too dark to see the black buckles in the black car seat.

robs 12-08-2015 08:27 PM

Ordering now!

c_bongo 12-30-2015 08:25 AM

So, do the LED map lights flash quickly (not even slow enough to fully illuminate) for anybody else?

If so how did you eliminate this? I got the College Hills kit. The flash is very subtle and hard to duplicate...

simonx314 12-30-2015 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by c_bongo (Post 1330791)
So, do the LED map lights flash quickly...?

No, my map, dome and cargo lights function exactly the same as before, they are just white instead of amber. Maybe try a different bulb or reinsert the bulb or something.

MrFrosty 01-15-2016 06:49 PM

What led bulb(s) is everyone using to replace factory interior lights?

sixth 03-04-2016 09:40 PM

If anyone else is still watching this thread. Do not buy the Jtech LEDs from Amazon. Ours are already flickering on and off after a year of use

ADVphotography 03-05-2016 02:41 PM

Flickering

Originally Posted by sixth (Post 1338115)
If anyone else is still watching this thread. Do not buy the Jtech LEDs from Amazon. Ours are already flickering on and off after a year of use

-Agreed. I'm the OP on this one and I've had the exact same issue. Its been a little over a year and I've replaced half of them due to the flickering. Currently replacing with the extra's I had from the original install but want to find a good replacement.

Anybody have recommendations? I'll update the original post with your guys recommended brands. Links would be great.

sixth 03-06-2016 12:19 AM

Originally Posted by ADVphotography (Post 1338174)
-Agreed. I'm the OP on this one and I've had the exact same issue. Its been a little over a year and I've replaced half of them due to the flickering. Currently replacing with the extra's I had from the original install but want to find a good replacement.

Anybody have recommendations? I'll update the original post with your guys recommended brands. Links would be great.

Hey ADVPhotography, thanks for the guide ! anyway in regards to looking for an alternative. I'm looking into purchasing the Sylvania's ZEVO LEDs or a Phillips equivalent .

EDIT:

Phillip's has a sub page which shows which LED's they have. Apparently they have 194's which we need for the license plate and cargo

Here is an I'm considering

and here are the Phillips ( http://philipsautolights.factoryoutl...m=127996000KB2)

Greendog 04-22-2016 05:25 PM

I installed these superbrightleds.com bulbs (194 bulb - 15 smd): LINK

They state 100 lumens (but I haven't been able to correlate lumen numbers to actual brightness vs incandescent brightness). To me, it feels like they are just a little brighter than stock (on a GK), but not much more. I did choose a warm white color though, since my wife prefers it.

They fit and work fine otherwise. Thanks to the OP for the inspiration!

I'd like a very bright dome light solution but I'm not sure I've found it yet.

Aussie 03-24-2017 12:17 AM

Has anyone found a bright to very bright LED bulb they're happy with?

Aussie 02-14-2018 10:06 PM

Just realised I was the last to post here almost a year ago! Any updates?