Fit Interior & Exterior Illumination Threads discussing interior and exterior lighting modifications for the Fit/Jazz

Anyone done Xenon headlamp upgrade for 3rd gen FIT?

Old 01-04-2019, 03:22 AM
Anyone done Xenon headlamp upgrade for 3rd gen FIT?

Has anyone upgraded the 3rd generation with Xenon headlamp, or know where to buy the OEM Xenon lamp?
Honda FIT in Asia has this OEM. Want to know if its just plug n play or does it required extra electrical work on the power supply.
Thank you

Old 01-04-2019, 07:12 AM
5 Year Member
I'd just go LED versus HID/XENON, but that's me.

Old 01-04-2019, 04:40 PM
Originally Posted by 2Rismo2
@2Rismo2
Have you done this?
Is there LED headlamp (not DRL) even available for the 3rd Gen?
​​​​​​The xenon I was asking about is OEM from honda for FIT/Jazz in Asia. Want to know if anyone shops sells that here

Old 01-05-2019, 01:21 AM
@2Rismo2
Have you done it?
Is LED headlamp (not DRL) available for the 3rd Gen?
I prefer the Xenon cuz its OEM for the FIT/Jazz in Asia. Want to know if any shop sells that here.

Old 01-05-2019, 07:09 AM
5 Year Member
I personally have not but will be doing it once my piaa Xtreme white halogens burn out.

Old 01-05-2019, 10:25 PM
@2Rismo2 Do you know where to buy? I like to check them out if they are available. Thx.
Piaa halogen's do burn out in about 2-3yrs. Mine burnt much shorter than that on the FIT.

Old 01-05-2019, 10:49 PM
Is there what you are considering? These are aftermarket. I hope to look for OEM to ensure the brightness is enough and to standard.
The OEM halogen is not bright enough

Old 01-06-2019, 05:56 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by blkfit2015
@2Rismo2 Do you know where to buy? I like to check them out if they are available. Thx.
Piaa halogen's do burn out in about 2-3yrs. Mine burnt much shorter than that on the FIT.
I installed a set of these a year ago on my '15 Fit.

https://www.superbrightleds.com/more...set/3929/8565/

Very easy plug and play installation. The difference was literally "night and day" compared to the weak halogen bulbs.

Yes, the DRL function still works and the sharp low beam cutoff is still preserved.

Old 01-07-2019, 08:03 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Uncle Gary

Very easy plug and play installation. The difference was literally "night and day" compared to the weak halogen bulbs.

Yes, the DRL function still works and the sharp low beam cutoff is still preserved.
Thanks I actually have that bookmarked already, I think from a post of yours in the past

My last PIAAs burnt out before a year, so I'm running on the free replacements they sent. When they burn out, I'll be going LED.

blkfit2015 - I'm not considering those headlight replacements. Too pricey for my commuter car.

TRS sells them in the USA, but seems some members have had some Q/C issues https://www.theretrofitsource.com/ho...ect_restrict=1

Old 01-08-2019, 01:49 PM

I just bought these from your recommendation, I’ll take some before and after for you when they get in. I have a 2016 EX CVT w/ 26k on it.

Old 01-09-2019, 04:23 AM
@Uncle Gary @2Rismo2
Thanks for the info on the superbrightleds.

@JerBear716
Look forward to your pics

Old 01-10-2019, 04:11 PM

I had a tough time getting the clips back on and I don’t see a way to use the rubber boots that were on the oem bulbs, did you have the same problem? Is it fine without them?

They really are so much better than the oem bulbs, I can’t believe the difference.

Old 01-12-2019, 10:25 PM

I've got mine in and the vision is fantastic, but I'm getting high beamed all the time because people think my high beams are on, did you experience this too?

Old 01-13-2019, 07:01 AM
5 Year Member
Did you readjust them after install?

Old 01-13-2019, 08:37 AM
Did you readjust them after install?
Yeah. Maybe they are too high still? They didn't seem high on my garage wall but I suppose it wouldn't hurt to aim them even lower.

Old 01-14-2019, 02:52 PM
Also, what bulbs did you get to replace the fog lights? I know I can probably look it up but was interested in your experience and if they have held up over the last year.

Old 01-14-2019, 06:36 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by JerBear716
I've got mine in and the vision is fantastic, but I'm getting high beamed all the time because people think my high beams are on, did you experience this too?
Hasn't happened to me. I've had them in for a year.

Old 01-14-2019, 06:41 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by JerBear716

I had a tough time getting the clips back on and I don’t see a way to use the rubber boots that were on the oem bulbs, did you have the same problem? Is it fine without them?

They really are so much better than the oem bulbs, I can’t believe the difference.
You do realize that the lamps separate from the 3-pronged mounting plate, right? They are a "push and twist" (bayonet lock) fit in the mounting plate. Rotate the lamp/heat sink and separate the lamp/heat sink from the mounting plate. Remove the stock bulb and install the mounting plate in the headlamp housing. Then install the rubber boot over the mounting plate. Then insert the lamp into the mounting plate/rubber boot, and twist to lock in place. It's a snap to get the clips back in place without the heat sink in the way.

Since you already have the lamps installed, just twist the heat sink CCW slightly and pull out the lamp/heat sink assembly out, install the rubber boot over the mounting plate as if it were the stock halogen bulb, then reinstall the lamps through the boot and mounting plate. Easy, is not exactly intuitive, as the lamps don't come with instructions.

Last edited by Uncle Gary; 01-14-2019 at 06:50 PM.
Old 01-14-2019, 08:56 PM
You do realize that the lamps separate from the 3-pronged mounting plate, right? They are a "push and twist" (bayonet lock) fit in the mounting plate. Rotate the lamp/heat sink and separate the lamp/heat sink from the mounting plate. Remove the stock bulb and install the mounting plate in the headlamp housing. Then install the rubber boot over the mounting plate. Then insert the lamp into the mounting plate/rubber boot, and twist to lock in place. It's a snap to get the clips back in place without the heat sink in the way.

Since you already have the lamps installed, just twist the heat sink CCW slightly and pull out the lamp/heat sink assembly out, install the rubber boot over the mounting plate as if it were the stock halogen bulb, then reinstall the lamps through the boot and mounting plate. Easy, is not exactly intuitive, as the lamps don't come with instructions.
I'll be the first to admit I have no idea what I'm doing. I did end up getting the rubber dust caps back on that day, the post was severely delayed because of the photo needing to be moderated. I still need to adjust them down even further, the throw is great but I have a feeling I'm still blinding other drivers and that is no bueno. Nobody had high beamed me yet, so maybe they are good enough, I just don't want to blind others.

Old 01-19-2019, 04:31 PM
5 Year Member
I had to aim mine slightly lower to not blind on coming cars. Only reason I knew this was because I was in front of my daughter while she was in the fit and could see the glare on my side mirrors

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Anyone done Xenon headlamp upgrade for 3rd gen FIT?