Fit Interior Modifications Discussion area for interior modifications including seats, steering wheels, upholstery and gauges

Suggest me a sub, speakers, amp for Honda Fit

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2007, 09:40 PM
Suggest me a sub, speakers, amp for Honda Fit

As the title suggests, what would you choose which would be suitable for this car and why?

TBH, i'm only looking for a 10" max subwoofer but totally clueless on everything else. Any help appreciated

Old 05-02-2007, 10:47 PM
5 Year Member
Stay with low power because the charging system/battery won't support much above 150-200 watts. You could go with a JL Audio single 10 inch ported enclosure and a small JL Audio 120 watt amp.

CP110G-W1v2 enclosure
A1200 amplifier

http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_e...=8&prod_id=315
http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_amps.php?amp_id=398

Old 05-02-2007, 10:52 PM
thanks... ye a few friends suggested JLAudio due to their quality etc.. but over in the UK, its rather expensive... still i might just get one.

I'm also thinking of making my own custom enclosure with the help of this: Car Audio Direct - The UK's leading car audio and stereo resource. Fibreglass Kit 3 (Large) - SiM Products SEL-FGKIT3

Would that kit be enough to make a small enclosure to fit behind the drivers passenger sear... similar to the DIY thread i've seen on these forums?

I want to make it as tidy as possible yet not forgetting about being spacious in the process

Old 05-03-2007, 02:09 AM
5 Year Member
I suggest going behind the passenger side of the car, all the cabling will lead there, and if you go on the other side, you will have problems with length of cable going around the long way.

oh wait, if youre not using a USDM, depends on where your battery is... because you will have to run a cable directly from the battery to the rear areas

Old 05-03-2007, 08:45 AM
Why so serious?
5 Year Member
I believe he said he lives in the UK, so the driver side of the car for him, is the passenger side of the car for us.

I am going with Kicker KS series components for the doors and twin 10" SE10D4 subs from RE, mounted in a sealed enclosure. This is to make tighter, more accurate bass, instead of booming, muddy bass. For power, I am going with a 4 channel and a bridged 2 channel amps, both from US Amps.

Old 05-03-2007, 09:56 AM
5 Year Member
Something small is good.

I've got a Pioneer W306C 12" in the back of mine. Nice sub, it's just too damn big/heavy.

I'm opting for the Pioneer 8" flat subwoofer :

Pioneer TS-SW841D 8" Shallow Mount Subwoofer with UD-SW84S Custom Enclosure Box - Alpha Car Audio

It's very slim, it's about the size of 4-5DVD cases put together.

Considering you're from UK (as am I), I know how the power of the Jazz isn't enough. Trust me, 12" is too big, it takes up half my boot! Also consider the weight as well, my Jazz 1.2 feels so sluggish because of the extra weight of the sub and amp. Hopefully this 8" subwoofer is lighter and will take up less room!

Old 05-04-2007, 06:01 AM
I personally think speaker/sub selection depends greatly on your listening tastes. Also, budget is a consideration. If you could give us some info like this to go on it would help.

Off the top of my head, I have one of these in my xB and have been extremely happy with it: http://www.cardomain.com/item/IDSIDQ10D4V2. This sub has pretty good output but more importantly it is very musical. A great sub overall but it really shines listening to music with intricate basslines.

I just put this sub in my Dad's Fit and it sounds excellent as well, although it seems to get a bit louder than the image dynamics. Elemental Designs

Both Image Dynamics and Elemental Designs are companies that I've really been happy with. Their products are a cut above the rest and their prices aren't artificially inflated because of a brand name. I think you'd be happy with any of their subs.

As far as an amp, I would definitely go for a mono, class-D amp as it will allow you to squeeze more power without putting a huge strain on your alternator. This amp would be a good candidate but there are a ton of amps out there that fit the bill. If you want, you could look at the specs on this amp and do some searching to find similar products. http://www.cardomain.com/item/KIC06ZX4001

The speakers are pretty difficult. Both front and rear doors use a 6.5" speaker...but you'll need to buy some spacer rings in order for any aftermarket speakers to fit. Even with the rings, the clearance is pretty shallow especially in the front doors. Off the top of my head, some good brands if you want top notch sound include DLS, CDT, Morel, Dynaudio, Rainbow, and Hertz/Audison among others. I've also heard good things about the new pioneer premier component set and some of the JL components. If you're looking for something that sounds pretty good for a decent price that would also do well without a 4-channel amplifier, I've always been a fan of the Alpine type-S line of speakers. You could also look into the Infinity Kappa (better) or Reference (cheaper) line...the Perfects are decent speakers but I thing they're overrated and overpriced.

Old 05-05-2007, 06:41 AM
Just a bit of reference as i'm totally clueless.. as far as sub, amp and front speakers are concerned (UK 1.4l SE doesn't have rear speakers.. so i might just leave that as it is), budget would be under 800.

With music tastes.. hmm hard really as i listen to pretty much anything as long as it has a good beat if that helps haha. Most likely the usual techno, electronica and rock

Old 05-05-2007, 08:15 AM
5 Year Member
Rev, is yours the pre-FL Jazz? My friends is the FL Jazz and he has rear speakers in his SE.

Old 05-05-2007, 11:34 AM
Originally Posted by kentris
Rev, is yours the pre-FL Jazz? My friends is the FL Jazz and he has rear speakers in his SE.
Pre-FL?

Care to explain please? All i know is that mines late 2002 reg.. with indicators knob shaped into the headlights rather than on the mirrors.. which kinda' sucks cos' it makes the car look awkward. Oh and because its second hand, i think the first owner had the optional sunroof.

Last edited by revzero; 05-05-2007 at 11:41 AM.
Old 05-05-2007, 01:02 PM
5 Year Member
Yup yours is Pre-FL (pre-facelift)

Basically the FL models have flared out bumpers in the front and rear. The grill is different as well.

The base model of the current Jazz (FL model) has pretty much the same details and specs as your model. It looks exactly the same besides the bumpers, optional aircon.

The SE and Sport models have indicators embedded into the mirrors, the dials light up when you open your car doors and they light up when you put the key in. You also get electric windows front and back. The headlamps of these have the chromey look rather than the black looking like you have on your Jazz (which the black housing is available on the FL base model).

Old 05-05-2007, 08:08 PM
ahhh i see.. so other than that.. there isn't much difference between the 2.

I also noticed that on a normal 1.4SE, they only have front electric windows, but mine has front and rea... i'm guessing the previous owner had a lot of optionals stuck onto this car...

Still... the head unit sucks, no cd changer too so i'm thinking of getting either the:

Kenwood DNX-7200 - mainly cos' the sat nav looks nice than a Tom Tom.. but costly... or a:
Alpine IVA W200RI Multimedia Unit

I just hope one of these two, if not both have the ports for me to connect a custom built in car PC rather than using a CD Changer

Last edited by revzero; 05-05-2007 at 08:11 PM.
Old 05-05-2007, 10:48 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by revzero
Kenwood DNX-7200 - mainly cos' the sat nav looks nice than a Tom Tom.. but costly... or a:
Alpine IVA W200RI Multimedia Unit

I just hope one of these two, if not both have the ports for me to connect a custom built in car PC rather than using a CD Changer
I'm useless when it comes to audio stuff. But a PC doesn't sound that bad, you'll just need some uber mini-pc to jam in the car. Maybe those new shuttles that look like a nintendo wii!

Just make sure when it comes to fitting in your headunit, make sure you got time on your hands.

Just removing the old stock headunit took me over an hour! Curse those bitch of a nut bolts!

Old 05-08-2007, 01:21 PM
man i have a 15 in ch 1500 watt sub 1100 watt amp 12 inch electro voice "ev" speaker with another 500 watt amp hooked up to the stock battery it can be done no capacitor or any piggy back and my car gets put in competitions

Old 05-08-2007, 04:20 PM
5 Year Member
^^ good look on the battery. LOL.

Old 05-08-2007, 06:23 PM
5 Year Member
Competitions in Paterson, NJ? PPPPAAAAAALLLLLEEEEEEEAAAAAAASSSSSSEEE!

Revzero is looking for a 10 inch sub, max in size.

Old 05-09-2007, 07:11 AM
This car is aired towards my own tastes rather than a typical showcar

If it was a showcar, then yeah, big subs etc will be fitted, but i'm just looking for something small, which gives out a more than reasonable sound/thump without costing the earth... oh and also looks nice too.. hence a custom enclosure will be made, to blend/stealth it in the back of the car.

Edit: Just been looking at the Elemental Designs, which Invisible suggested and might go with one of those small subs or maybe JL Audio. Just between those 2 now.

Apart from that, i still don't know about amps or speaker wise. I'm thinking of just having front speakers only and not waste time getting rear ones.. just yet anyways

Last edited by revzero; 05-09-2007 at 07:30 AM.
Old 05-09-2007, 10:57 AM
no comps. in paterson english town and other legit car shows h.i.n. in atco im still workin on mine though i want one more 15 another 12 inch ev and 2 8 inch tweeters

Old 05-10-2007, 03:37 PM
Go BIG or go home !!!!

My setup 2 -10'' JL's with 1000 watt JL amp custom enclosure & amp rack. P.S Charging system does fine.

Old 05-10-2007, 11:33 PM
5 Year Member
Looks awesome. Where's the amp? Post some more shots of the complete trunk.

Quick Reply: Suggest me a sub, speakers, amp for Honda Fit