Fit Interior Modifications Discussion area for interior modifications including seats, steering wheels, upholstery and gauges

f & r speaker size..

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2007, 04:35 PM
f & r speaker size..

hi. my fit is base model, so it only has 2 f speakers. i have plans, but i need to address these questions first:

1) what are the f & r speaker size?

2) are there prewired wires for the back speakers? even though it doesn't come with......

3)im not good with sound. i want 4 components, and want the stock deck as it is. i also want to run a weak amplifier somewhere in between..what do i need to buy?

any help will be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance (^__^)

Old 09-22-2007, 03:12 AM
speakers are 6.5's all around. Get components for the front and 2 way coaxials for the rear. As for an adding an amp to those speakers I wouldn't really reccomend it since the factory head unit just doesn't sound that good. You'll just get the same bad sound. Only louder.

I got my fit 2 weeks ago and I've allready done alot to it. First thing I did before even owning the car for 4 hours was change the factory Head Unit. This improved sound 200% using the factory speakers. I had it like that for about a week before I had time to swap out the speakers and amp them.

If you really wanna keep the factory HU. Get something like the JL audio Cleansweep or Alpine F.I.T.

If you really just want to change speakers and add an amp I'd have to suggest getting some Pioneer TS-D161R 2 way speakers and skip out on components.

The factory head units real lack of high frequency detail will make components sound too harsh or just plain distorted.

Old 09-22-2007, 03:08 PM
thanks! thats awesome!! (^___^)

Old 09-22-2007, 03:41 PM
i am leaning towards cleansweep. but it says i need an amp with that, and im not using my sony 1200w(10w rms...) amp for it - it will be too wierd...

that means i will need to buy a new amp, and that will be too costly... (>_<)

...are there wires hooked up to the back doors, ready for speakers? im probably gonna add 2 speakers and just be happy..

...i wish i had money for a sport... (>___<)

Old 09-22-2007, 11:43 PM
wiring for the back speakers is there.

Old 09-24-2007, 09:39 AM
Hows the sound for the Sport model?? 200W with 6 speakers.

Old 09-24-2007, 02:03 PM
It's crap as well. Same head unit same internals just a bigger IC chip. I have a Fit Sport.

Old 09-24-2007, 06:39 PM
Anyone happen to know the mounting depth?

Old 09-24-2007, 11:54 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by OgreDave
Anyone happen to know the mounting depth?
If you search I think its being discussed in another thread in this forum

Old 09-26-2007, 05:29 PM
I agree about the stock HU, I just switched my stock sport HU for an Eclipse AVN2210p and it sound wayyy better!

Old 09-26-2007, 09:38 PM
5 Year Member
Dude Dave, Where are the pics man?!!

Old 10-02-2007, 04:16 PM
If getting 6.5s do the grills need to be cutout or does that depend on depth?

Old 10-02-2007, 04:41 PM
5 Year Member
I remember seeing a thread about someone replacing their stock speakers with some other kind. Using the stock speaker spacers and cutting out the stock speakers from them, he had to cut the door panel flush for them to fit.

Old 10-02-2007, 07:21 PM
Originally Posted by FrogDaddy
If getting 6.5s do the grills need to be cutout or does that depend on depth?
No need to cut the stock door panel in any way. Just get some Honda speaker spacers..

Here's the Scoche part Honda/Acura Brackets 5-1/4" & 6-1/2" speaker adapter plates, for select 2001-up models at Crutchfield.com

Old 10-03-2007, 10:51 AM
Thanks for the feeback.

Old 10-03-2007, 11:24 AM
5 Year Member
The stock honda speakers clip into place and there is an odd square shaped hole. The 6.5" speakers do not drop in. The adapters Donald posted should work I guess (never used them) or you can make your own for about $5.

Last edited by Polish; 10-04-2007 at 09:13 AM.
Old 02-02-2008, 01:34 PM
5 Year Member
Brackets don't fit?

Originally Posted by Injundon
No need to cut the stock door panel in any way. Just get some Honda speaker spacers..

Here's the Scoche part Honda/Acura Brackets 5-1/4" & 6-1/2" speaker adapter plates, for select 2001-up models at Crutchfield.com
Donald,

The Crutchfield site says these don't fit in the Fit. Do you know any other options, or is this info Bogus?

Old 02-02-2008, 04:58 PM
Originally Posted by Injundon
speakers are 6.5's all around. Get components for the front and 2 way coaxials for the rear. As for an adding an amp to those speakers I wouldn't really reccomend it since the factory head unit just doesn't sound that good. You'll just get the same bad sound. Only louder.

I got my fit 2 weeks ago and I've allready done alot to it. First thing I did before even owning the car for 4 hours was change the factory Head Unit. This improved sound 200% using the factory speakers. I had it like that for about a week before I had time to swap out the speakers and amp them.

If you really wanna keep the factory HU. Get something like the JL audio Cleansweep or Alpine F.I.T.

If you really just want to change speakers and add an amp I'd have to suggest getting some Pioneer TS-D161R 2 way speakers and skip out on components.

The factory head units real lack of high frequency detail will make components sound too harsh or just plain distorted.
Skip to the last paragraph if you don't want to hear a lot of audio jargon.

Sorry. Close but no cigar. While factory decks are lacking in the feature department, there is no reason to assume that they will be deficient in high-frequency detail. I'm not saying that it will sound like a top of the line aftermarket radio, but compared to a mid-level aftermarket deck, I'd be willing to bet that the factory radio would be on-par with it.

For example, look at JL Audio's 2006(?) demo car, the Subaru wagon with the stealth system. It used the factory deck with a Cleansweep, instead of going aftermarket, and it received rave reviews from the judges.

David Navone (You're an MECP certified installer, so I presume you know who that is) has a study posted on his website that compares a Ford and Chevy radio to a mid-level aftermarket radio that got good reviews.

http://www.davidnavone.com/heresHow/...%20Decks21.pdf

The conclusion is that an OEM radio with an LOC is just as good, if not better than a mid-level deck.

Again, I'm not trying to say that a factory deck is a wonderful piece of equipment; I'd take my Clarion DXZ955MC over one any day, but for an average system, it will be just fine. The only big problem with using an OEM deck is their performance at high volume; they tend to roll off the low and high frequencies and boos the midrange while cranked in order to prolong the life of the cheap factory speakers. However, the JL Cleansweep overcomes this.

So, point is, that a factory deck is just fine for an average, every-day system. It will not bring home sound quality trophies, but, when used in addition to something like a Cleansweep, a factory deck can have considerably good sound. I would recommend using a factory integration module, a 4-channel amplifier which sends at least 50 watts per channel, and a set of components for the front and coaxials for the back. If you give me a budget, I will give you some good recommendations.

Old 02-03-2008, 12:41 PM
Honda uses 6.8" speakers, not 6.5". If you order speakers from Crutchfield, put in your car first, they'll throw in the brackets for mounting, and the cable adapters so you can just plug 'em in... FOR FREE.

Old 02-03-2008, 12:56 PM
Originally Posted by jmanpc
Skip to the last paragraph if you don't want to hear a lot of audio jargon.

Sorry. Close but no cigar. While factory decks are lacking in the feature department, there is no reason to assume that they will be deficient in high-frequency detail. I'm not saying that it will sound like a top of the line aftermarket radio, but compared to a mid-level aftermarket deck, I'd be willing to bet that the factory radio would be on-par with it.

For example, look at JL Audio's 2006(?) demo car, the Subaru wagon with the stealth system. It used the factory deck with a Cleansweep, instead of going aftermarket, and it received rave reviews from the judges.

David Navone (You're an MECP certified installer, so I presume you know who that is) has a study posted on his website that compares a Ford and Chevy radio to a mid-level aftermarket radio that got good reviews.

http://www.davidnavone.com/heresHow/...%20Decks21.pdf

The conclusion is that an OEM radio with an LOC is just as good, if not better than a mid-level deck.

Again, I'm not trying to say that a factory deck is a wonderful piece of equipment; I'd take my Clarion DXZ955MC over one any day, but for an average system, it will be just fine. The only big problem with using an OEM deck is their performance at high volume; they tend to roll off the low and high frequencies and boos the midrange while cranked in order to prolong the life of the cheap factory speakers. However, the JL Cleansweep overcomes this.

So, point is, that a factory deck is just fine for an average, every-day system. It will not bring home sound quality trophies, but, when used in addition to something like a Cleansweep, a factory deck can have considerably good sound. I would recommend using a factory integration module, a 4-channel amplifier which sends at least 50 watts per channel, and a set of components for the front and coaxials for the back. If you give me a budget, I will give you some good recommendations.
jman, so the Cleansweep unit needs to be run before an amp?

I read your post with interest. I'd like to get a little more out of my car's stereo. If you read my post from a few days ago, I found that the speakers in both passenger doors are missing, and ordered a couple pairs of coaxial speakers. (read my post about why the speakers were missing!)

Here's the kicker for it all, though. I am kicking around the idea of building a carputer in the future. I've found a nice single DIN retracting 7" touchscreen display unit that has some great features (the Xenarc MDT-X700). I figure I could mount the puter in the glovebox (found a nice amplifier looking case computer). That setup would set me back some pretty good money... so I think I might just get by on the stock headunit as is for a while. I'd really like to do the carputer with a good audio card in it - something that has front and rear channels and a woofer channel. Then I'd probably look at a powered bazooka unit or something that would fit under the rear seats, yet not impede 'tall' mode much.

Quick Reply: f & r speaker size..