Fit Interior Modifications Discussion area for interior modifications including seats, steering wheels, upholstery and gauges

strutking.com AT pedal cover install! (by koolkevin1107)

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2007, 08:03 PM
5 Year Member
strutking.com AT pedal cover install! (by koolkevin1107)

What's up ladies n gents, koolkevin1107 here with another writeup. So far the only pedal sets you could purchase for the AT fit is straight from Mugen and zetaproducts.com. Well i have located another GREAT company selling fit accessories and their specialty is pedal covers! Well, here is the writeup!

Disclaimer: The following is provided as a GUIDE ONLY, and neither myself, nor FITFREAK.NET take any responsibility for the outcome of someone else doing the following. You follow these steps at your own risk!

At first glance when i got the kit, i opened it and found PADS of foam. Man talk about shipping protection!! The pedals were much better in person then in the pictures that's for sure!

So in the package included:

Brake pedal w/ attached rubber piece
AT pedal
4-self tapping scres for the AT pedal
4- lock nut set of screws for the brake
2- drill bits, one for each pedal
2- long lock/nut set of screws (cuz some gas pedals MIGHT be different)

I was actually REALLY amazed by the company b/c they sent u not 1 but TWO drill bits to drill into your pedals! Big thumbs up there! I just put the brake and gas pedal up to compare to see how they would install. You do have to remove the brakes rubber lining to install the pedals. Well they fit PERFECTLY over the brake and gas.

Here is a comparison to my nokya pedal set (nokya gas pedal and dead pedal):

Okay i started w/ the harder one, the brake pedal. Take your brake cover and place it onto the brake pedal. Now take your drill (w/ attached drill bit for the brake) and drill the 4 holes.

Use the pedal as a template to make the holes. Let the brake pedal compress so u have something pushing back on the drill bit.

Once you got all 4 brake pedal holes drilled through (it goes through FAST), then take your screws and put it through. Put the lock nut on the other side and hold it w/ a 7mm wrench. Tighten all 4 until it doesn't go anymore.

DONE (with one)!

Now for the drivers pedal, it's EXTREMELY simple!! The pedal itself is plastic so drilling holes through it takes less then 1 second!

Do the same w/ the gas pedal, line it up and put LITTLE pressure on the drill and make the 4 holes. It will go through very fast. Then just take your 4 self-tapping screws and tighten them down.

voala!! that's it!! can u believe it? simple!!! Took about 45 minutes (b/c i was taking pix and thinking what 2 write ).

If you AT guys are looking for a really nice set of pedals, take in consideration the pedal set from strutking.com It's extremely affordable (compared to the other companies, not saying there bad there great as well!) and easy to install.

ORDER HERE!!
Fit - Strut King - Custom Automotive Parts

Hope i educated everybody. Remember, If you guys liked this thread, please give me some rep points. It's simple. On the first post, there is a little gray character in the top right corner of the post (next to the post number and "permalink") click him and click agree. thanks again guys!

Last edited by koolkevin1107; 01-22-2008 at 11:42 AM.
Old 10-26-2007, 08:33 PM
5 Year Member
Those look awesome, whats the $ tag on them?

Old 10-26-2007, 09:04 PM
Honda Fit Forums Moderator
Wow they look great! I'll jump on a set for manual if they are ever released. Quality looks great and the price is right.

Old 10-26-2007, 10:16 PM
5 Year Member
as far as i know, they are for the AT fit, BUT they do have the MT and AT for the civic so i'm assuming the MT version will be out soon? Oh btw it's $49 with FREE SHIPPING!

Old 10-27-2007, 12:37 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by koolkevin1107
as far as i know, they are for the AT fit, BUT they do have the MT and AT for the civic so i'm assuming the MT version will be out soon? Oh btw it's $49 with FREE SHIPPING!
link to buy it?

Old 10-28-2007, 12:23 AM
5 Year Member
John, i put the link in the original post at the end. CHECK IT!

Old 10-28-2007, 01:19 PM
5 Year Member
Appreciate the write up! They're on my growing list of things to buy.

Old 10-28-2007, 05:27 PM
5 Year Member
If they ship to Canada via USPS, I buy!
Thanks for the post Kevin!

Old 10-29-2007, 04:13 AM
Banned
A quick tip is to put a piece of black duct tape over the gas pedal before putting the new pedal on top and then you will see just smooth black under the pedal not the orginal pedal with lines in the rubber.

Old 10-29-2007, 09:42 PM
5 Year Member
looks nice dude... im waiting for the manual version...

Old 12-09-2007, 05:41 PM
Another nice write up, so good to see people keeping things informative, simple, and straight forward! Even though I have an MT Fit same things apply it seems, maybe I should make my own... I have some scrap titanium sitting around that might look slick...hmmmm....

Old 12-09-2007, 09:16 PM
Retired Moderator
Thanks Kev! They seem like awesome pedals for the price. I was thinking Mugen AT pedals untill i found these. Over 100$ less and they look almoost just as good. Install seems simple aswell.! These will be coming soon for me!

Old 01-09-2008, 09:10 PM
thanks for the write up. + rep. I just got mine in the mail today, just installed the gas pedal in about 8 minutes, but cant install the brake yet because the battery on my drill died . But will finish up today after my battery charges up.

overall the pedals look very good for $49 shipped.

Old 01-10-2008, 06:30 AM
5 Year Member
did they make sport pedal for the M/T version ?

Old 01-22-2008, 11:42 AM
5 Year Member
let's get a BUMP TTT!!! =]

Old 02-12-2008, 01:01 AM
5 Year Member
thanks for the guide , those look quite nice. I think to get a set for me AT, I wonder if anyone knows do they make a dead pedal for our car or not? I ask as I can't seem to find one at their site. thanks again Kev ;o)

Old 03-04-2008, 02:19 PM
Former Vendor
we currently do not have a Manual version available but may make one in the future.

We do not offer a dead pedal for the Fit as the only one currently available is the Zeta add on.

Old 03-04-2008, 03:24 PM
5 Year Member
what a bummer I just order and installed this yesterday. I heard or seen nothing of a group by , guess its too late for discount? future purchase maybe ?

I have the zeta DP, I was wondering if you were going to make a cover such as the one for the gas, that would be sweet to have everything match.
any thoughts of such a product?

install went smooth , brake fit perfectly with the rubber back , the gas however was a little long top to bottom, so I put the bottom edge flush with petal bottom and then drilled so the bit of extra was on the top. nice product.

if anyone is interested , spend a few bucks more and get a replacement rubber for the brake.

thx Kevin for all the info on this.

Last edited by Mud_Bone; 03-04-2008 at 03:28 PM.
Old 03-04-2008, 08:42 PM
5 Year Member
id pick up a set if they had one for mt also! -P

Old 03-04-2008, 09:52 PM
AT guys, jump on the group buy and get it for a GREAT price!

Quick Reply: strutking.com AT pedal cover install! (by koolkevin1107)