Fit Interior Modifications Discussion area for interior modifications including seats, steering wheels, upholstery and gauges

HOW TO: Use Your Magic Seats

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 01:34 AM
I believe in the relax mode the front seat can actually be flush with the back seat. You have to apply some pressure, but it will squeeze in there

Old 08-06-2008, 10:01 PM
5 Year Member
Can you go over that one more time please?

Old 08-06-2008, 10:02 PM
5 Year Member
It's a lot like Pilates for your seats.

Old 08-06-2008, 10:53 PM
Master FitFaker. CHEA!
nice job justin
+rep

Old 09-17-2008, 10:01 AM
whatt theee flippppp
seriously, anybody that needs to know how to operate the magic seats are retards
however this really will help those retards

Old 10-17-2008, 04:17 AM
5 Year Member
Nice write up.

I was wondering. Is the refresh mode something new the Fit brought? Or was it found in other cars before?

Old 10-20-2008, 03:41 PM
I couldn't get the Refresh mode to work in the 08 I test drove, and the salesman had no clue what I was talking about. (P.S. Refresh mode is not in the 09's dealer booklet anymore). I now have bought an 09, and after reading the instructions here, went down to the garage and tried. I got the rear seats to recline which was exciting for me, because I don't remember seeing it mentioned in the booklet I got. But, I still couldnt get it into Refresh mode. I can get the front seat pulled all the way forward and reclined all flat, but when I do this without the rear seat bottom folded up, they just don't fit together and lay down nicely. I see where it says in the directions to press on both of them firmly and evenly so they lay flat, but mine don't seem to want to go! I don't want to break my 5 day old Fit!! Any help is appreciated! Thanks y'all.

Old 10-28-2008, 09:17 PM
Originally Posted by jevin
Nice write up.

I was wondering. Is the refresh mode something new the Fit brought? Or was it found in other cars before?
I think refresh mode was something new with the Fit. My dealer was confused about this mode as well until I showed him from what I learned by looking online.

Old 10-30-2008, 02:29 PM
Yeah, i tried it on my '09 and it doesn't seem to work. I haven't tried reclining the rear seat though, but does that move the rear seat back a little? If so that's really all i need....

if they take it away in '09 that will be so sad.....imagine all they really need to do is let the front seat move forward or the rear seat backward a little more......

Old 12-12-2008, 10:18 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by c_mack9
thanks, i didnt know the rear seats reclined. + rep for you my friend.

X2

I bought my 09 Fit a couple of weeks ago and too didn't know that the rear seats reclined. It's not noted in any of the manuals or even on Honda's website.

I have owned SUVs, pickups, and even mini-vans that have seats that fold in one way or another but never ones that move in ways NOT noted in any of the literature from the company.

The reclining feature really makes the rear seats more comfortable and, along with the cargo tray, helps cover the cargo area.

Thanks for taking the time for this write up.

Cheers.

Old 12-17-2008, 10:21 PM
Couldn't get mine into "refresh" mode either .

Old 01-13-2009, 01:57 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by CathFach724
I couldn't get the Refresh mode to work in the 08 I test drove, and the salesman had no clue what I was talking about. (P.S. Refresh mode is not in the 09's dealer booklet anymore). I now have bought an 09, and after reading the instructions here, went down to the garage and tried. I got the rear seats to recline which was exciting for me, because I don't remember seeing it mentioned in the booklet I got. But, I still couldnt get it into Refresh mode. I can get the front seat pulled all the way forward and reclined all flat, but when I do this without the rear seat bottom folded up, they just don't fit together and lay down nicely. I see where it says in the directions to press on both of them firmly and evenly so they lay flat, but mine don't seem to want to go! I don't want to break my 5 day old Fit!! Any help is appreciated! Thanks y'all.
Did you happen to go to Pohanka Honda in Salisbury?

Old 02-28-2009, 02:42 PM
Alternative to Relax mode

Hey all,

I think they really take out the relax mode in '09. But I think I found an alternative Not as good but it seems to work for me.

if you fold down the rear seat first so that it folds flat, you can then push the front seat against it. Next you can recline your front seatback forward (that's right, it does swing forward a little) and if needed you can take the front headrest out and make it face backward.

Now you got a lounge chair (facing backward) of the car.....you might need to add some cushion on cargo floor though

Old 03-02-2009, 01:54 PM
5 Year Member
Smile

Originally Posted by wskwong

Now you got a lounge chair (facing backward) of the car.....you might need to add some cushion on cargo floor though

Perfect for the drive in! Sadly enough, I just traded in my 08 for the 09 and was bummed that this feature wasn't there. But this is a really good alternative! Thanks!

Old 03-02-2009, 02:33 PM
Oh and as a disclaimer, don't use this alternative while driving =)

Old 04-12-2011, 12:03 AM
Haha no idea the rear seats reclined like that, so awesome! Would've helped to know that when I took my fit on my cross country trip.

Old 02-27-2014, 10:17 AM
5 Year Member
That's awesome, I had no idea the rears could recline. That explains the gap between the cargo cover and the rears normally.

Old 03-02-2014, 05:12 PM
I am a few months shy of having my 2007 Fit for eight years and I never knew that the headrests would tuck under the front seats. Thanks for making me feel like an idiot but at least now I won't have my headrests floating around in the back! I always leave the rear seats folded down because even with 117whp there isn't enough power for more than two people. And it makes loading groceries easier too.

Old 10-21-2014, 03:00 AM
Great info man, just got my fit a few months ago and never knew about the refresh mode. Im always on cargo mode.. Great write-up!

Old 08-24-2015, 12:44 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by forum04pl
Haha no idea the rear seats reclined like that, so awesome! Would've helped to know that when I took my fit on my cross country trip.
Haha, me neither. However they only recline about 2-4 inches at the top, on my 2015. That is not very much. However the buttock part of the rear seat moves back about 1/2 an inch when the back part is reclined - this should make it easier to abut the top of the back of the front seat to the buttock part of the bottom seat.

Quick Reply: HOW TO: Use Your Magic Seats