Fit Interior Modifications Discussion area for interior modifications including seats, steering wheels, upholstery and gauges

Has anyone tried this Subwoofer ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2010, 06:05 PM
Has anyone tried this Subwoofer ?

Blaupunkt THb200A 8 inch Powered Subwoofer

I know its small but was considering using 2 of them(one under each from seat)to retain that stealth look. I saw on another that someone tried this one and they also make one a little bigger with more power?

Oh just got a new fit on the weekend and decided to join this great site. There is a lot of info here for sure........

Old 06-02-2010, 06:11 PM
5 Year Member
That looks pretty sweet...I'm interested too.

Old 06-02-2010, 08:04 PM
5 Year Member
While that sub is compact, you have to realize that in order to produce bass properly the subwoofer needs a proper enclosure. Now if you are merely looking for some low note fill and not something you can FEEL, then this will probably work. However with only 70 watts RMS and an enclosure thats not even 1cu ft of airspace I doubt this items real capabilities. I have been in the audio industry a long time and while I have seen a lot of small space options come from manufacturers like Pioneer and more they normally lack a lot when it comes to bass response.

If you are seriously concerned about space then true bass response is not really what you are looking for. The closest you will get on limited space would be a bass tube, from someone like Bazooka or another company. Where you will keep a good amount of space over a traditional enclosure but it will still be large enough to enable the sub to perform well.

This is what I would recommend to anyone who is wanting some bass, real bass but not wanting a HUGE box in their hatch area.
http://www.bazooka.com/products/mobi...-Solution-P494
Design proven and they work VERY well, I used to install these into single cab trucks and they do a great job.

Last edited by Fit4Spl; 06-02-2010 at 08:10 PM.
Old 06-02-2010, 09:08 PM
It's worth noting, that one of those probably isn't going to fit under a front seat. The fuel tank location leaves very little space up there . . . . My amp is only 2.25" tall, and when I was experimenting with mounting locations it wouldn't slide more than a couple inches under the front seat, leaving the majority of it exposed as a rear passenger footrest.

Old 06-12-2010, 05:07 AM
Originally Posted by Fit4Spl
This is what I would recommend to anyone who is wanting some bass, real bass but not wanting a HUGE box in their hatch area.
BAZOOKA Mobile Audio - BTA8100FHC - BT Series 8in 100W Complete Bass Solution
Design proven and they work VERY well, I used to install these into single cab trucks and they do a great job.
Not to discredit your opinion but anyone else have some words on this? My friend had a Bazooka sub that his dad had lying around his shop and it worked for like a day (it was pretty old and literally just laying around the shop so won't jump to the conclusion that Bazooka sucks) and I'm looking to get a small sub that packs a punch without having to deal with a ton of cables and such. I Googled the model name and could not find any reviews, apparently everyone who buys them doesn't come back to the site they bought it off and give a brief review.

Old 06-22-2010, 10:48 PM
I installed the sub today and I am very happy with it....It fills out the sound just right....I still have the stock speakers

Old 06-22-2010, 11:04 PM
Originally Posted by Fit4Spl
While that sub is compact, you have to realize that in order to produce bass properly the subwoofer needs a proper enclosure. Now if you are merely looking for some low note fill and not something you can FEEL, then this will probably work. However with only 70 watts RMS and an enclosure thats not even 1cu ft of airspace I doubt this items real capabilities. I have been in the audio industry a long time and while I have seen a lot of small space options come from manufacturers like Pioneer and more they normally lack a lot when it comes to bass response.

If you are seriously concerned about space then true bass response is not really what you are looking for. The closest you will get on limited space would be a bass tube, from someone like Bazooka or another company. Where you will keep a good amount of space over a traditional enclosure but it will still be large enough to enable the sub to perform well.

BAZOOKA Mobile Audio - BTA8100FHC - BT Series 8in 100W Complete Bass Solution
This looks pretty awesome! I'm not in high school, so not so into the whole anti-social noise pollution thing any more. Been there, done that. Still, I miss having some low-end fill like I did in my Element.

Old 06-22-2010, 11:16 PM
Originally Posted by Occam
This looks pretty awesome! I'm not in high school, so not so into the whole anti-social noise pollution thing any more. Been there, done that. Still, I miss having some low-end fill like I did in my Element.
I also wanted the sub to make it sound at least as good as my 07 element sc.......It sounds even better. I too am a long ways from high school but was looking for a "realistic" soundfield.....It is perfect....for me....

Old 06-24-2010, 03:46 PM
I added a 250 watt 6" Bazooka Bass Tube in my GD. The factory stereo sounds really good with clean mids and crisp highs, but it was lacking bass. I opted for the 6" since I didn't want to lose too much cargo room. The Bazooka has solid bass you can feel. You can adjust the crossover frequency from 80Hz-250Hz. I also have the optional remote bass control knob, so I can adjust the crossover frequency and the gain from the driver's seat since I listen to everything from R&B to punk, so I can make necessary adjustments for the best sound for a particular genre of music. I've had Bazooka bass tubes in the past and they really produce clean bass.

http://www.bazooka.com/products/mobi...ified-Tube-P37

Originally Posted by Wuze
Not to discredit your opinion but anyone else have some words on this? My friend had a Bazooka sub that his dad had lying around his shop and it worked for like a day (it was pretty old and literally just laying around the shop so won't jump to the conclusion that Bazooka sucks) and I'm looking to get a small sub that packs a punch without having to deal with a ton of cables and such. I Googled the model name and could not find any reviews, apparently everyone who buys them doesn't come back to the site they bought it off and give a brief review.

Last edited by Psycho_FIT; 06-27-2010 at 09:57 PM.
Old 06-24-2010, 05:33 PM
bazookas were it like 13 years back, anyway, they are too bulky for my taste, I lose too much cargo room, not that I need it :-)

Last edited by stockrex; 06-25-2010 at 11:15 AM.
Old 06-25-2010, 09:52 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Wuze

No discredit taken, not everyone reads the introduction posts, I have over 20 years experience in the Car audio industry, from installing to sales to competition to judging competition including world finals for two different organizations. Bazooka is just like any other car audio manufacturer, in that they have updated their technology where it has been needed. Any old subwoofer that has been exposed to adverse conditions (water/dust/dirt/heat) will fail so I wouldn't count out Bazooka on just that one experience. The amount of room lost using a basstube VS a conventional box is huge. Overall the options for a premade sub that takes up less room than a typical box are limited and IMO the bazooka is the best option that is out there for true bass response.

Old 06-25-2010, 11:17 AM
how would I go about making my own powered 8 inch sub in a custom enclosure?
don't need that much bass...

Fit4spl - "world finals" , curios how many nations were represented in this event? thks

Old 06-25-2010, 11:45 AM
5 Year Member
You could make a tubelike enclosure by making a long rectangle enclosure for an 8".

World finals like: IASCA World Finals - Invites are extended to anyone who qualifies within the world literally. I have judged cars from brazil, england and more. Granted this was a few years back but they still invite people from all over to come and compete here in the states.

Old 07-01-2010, 11:14 PM
5 Year Member
Old schooler here....what years did you compete? I competed in the late 80's early 90's. 4 finals invites (iasca) 1 (cmaa) in the pro 1-150 class with 1989 CRX.

Old 07-01-2010, 11:31 PM
Here's my 6" Bazooka tube w/ a 250 watt Class D amplifier built-in. It sounds really good and doesn't take up much room, leaving me with most of my cargo space.

Name:  0c9b188b.jpg
Views: 451
Size:  83.5 KB

Old 07-02-2010, 02:43 AM
Originally Posted by Psycho_FIT
Here's my 6" Bazooka tube w/ a 250 watt Class D amplifier built-in. It sounds really good and doesn't take up much room, leaving me with most of my cargo space.

That looks great! That is also the best picture of the cargo cover..... I may have to get one of those also......

Old 07-02-2010, 09:55 AM
5 Year Member
Finally someone posted a pic of a bazooka tube so others can see they do only take up a small portion of your space!

I competed in IDBL, dB Drag, and a Usaci here and there. All in the SPL lanes, however I did judge SQ (go figure) for 2-3 years as well I was head judge at WF for IDBL can't remember what year that was. I used a 89 prelude for a couple years then changed over to a 91 CRX Si for most of my SPL career. Started in 1991 with iasca SQ AGES ago when SPL was on the SQ judge sheet, I had a 1986 Nissan Pulsar at the time. Then picked it back up in 1999ish with SPL and ran till SBN 2004 which was my last show as I retired from competing.

Here is a pic of my CRX from when I was still competing.

Last edited by Fit4Spl; 07-02-2010 at 09:58 AM.
Old 07-03-2010, 11:45 AM
5 Year Member
That looks exactly like the audiovox 9" countersunk, amplified sub I had 10yrs ago, it was sold under many different brand names, including honda.

Hows the bass quality?

Last edited by Jimmy101; 07-03-2010 at 11:48 AM.
Old 07-03-2010, 11:49 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Psycho_FIT
Psycho_FIT -
Where did you purchase your tube from and how easy/difficult of an install? I'm use to working on older cars but am nervous to start hacking into the factory Fit HU wiring and not to mention it sounds like it's not the easiest thing to get the unit out of the dash.

Old 02-11-2013, 08:51 AM
Has anyone put their bazooka-tube vertical in the back hatch corner? In the GD3, the trim is curved such that it looks like it could stand up. I wonder what would happen to the bass if the sub is pointed towards the ceiling instead of towards the back. Of course, a custom base would need to be made to prop it up so the power cable doesn't come in contact with the floor.

Quick Reply: Has anyone tried this Subwoofer ?