Fit Interior Modifications Discussion area for interior modifications including seats, steering wheels, upholstery and gauges

bike fit in a fit?

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2006, 04:10 PM
bike fit in a fit?

does anyone have direct knowledge of whether an INTACT bike can fit--with seats in any relevant configuration? tight, i know, but maybe?? many thanx.

Old 06-11-2006, 06:33 PM
Originally Posted by donaldcasey
does anyone have direct knowledge of whether an INTACT bike can fit--with seats in any relevant configuration? tight, i know, but maybe?? many thanx.
I'd give it a maybe. There's lots of different sizes and configurations of bicycles... Also lots of configurations of the Fit.... I'm thinking Cargo mode, laying the bike down, twisting the front wheel around toward the rear of the bike.

Maybe Long mode but I'm not positive about that...

Also, Tall mode is an option... I think it really depends on the bike.

Old 06-11-2006, 06:36 PM
5 Year Member
How big of a bike? I know my road-hybrid Trek 7.5 will not, but it has a pretty big frame and wheels. maybe a mountain bike or a folding bike? (see many different ones at http://nordicgroup.us/fold/#Introduction pretty old list but I was amazed at how many there are! )

Old 06-11-2006, 07:49 PM
i have stuffed a fully assemble elliptical inside of mine.

Old 06-11-2006, 07:50 PM
Master FitFreaker
it might fit just give it a try

Old 06-11-2006, 09:22 PM
June 2007 3rd Place Fit of the Month Winner
5 Year Member
I put an adult mountain bike in mine. Perfect fit as long as the front tire can be removed.

Old 06-12-2006, 05:01 AM
5 Year Member
Funny you made this post. Today I was helping my friend move. I fit her bike into my car perfectly with having to take the bike apart. Just lay your seats down completely and it should have no problem.

Old 06-12-2006, 08:39 AM
5 Year Member
I can put my road bike in the back seat with the bottoms raised (tall mode). I have to remove the front wheel and tie the handlebar to the overhead hand grab (I use a strap around the brake lever). This leaves the rear cargo area for cargo.

Last edited by spreadhead; 07-07-2006 at 02:46 PM.
Old 06-12-2006, 07:52 PM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by donaldcasey
Here is the anwser...
https://www.fitfreak.net/html_conten...ranslation.htm

Old 06-12-2006, 08:19 PM
5 Year Member
I just tried this yesterday, worked fine except I scratched the damn bumper. Fully intact mtn. bike, back seats flat, no time to strap, by turning the front tire it fit just fine.

Old 06-13-2006, 03:45 AM
I have a Trek 7.5 FX @ size 15 frame. It doesn't fit in the Tall Mode configuration with the front wheel on.

Old 06-13-2006, 03:55 AM
5 Year Member
I've fit a bike in mine with only one seat down. I don't know the exact specs of my bike, all I know is it's the 'hybrid bike'. Why not buy a bike rack instead? But it doesen't look good with it though...

Old 06-13-2006, 12:58 PM
fit my road bike in mine last weekend. i put out a blanket and laid it down (with the back seats down of course). a little hard to get in and out, and i scratched the inside a bit but it works. also, check out this picture:

not fully assembled, but it definitely makes for a cleaner and more stable storage.

Old 06-13-2006, 09:53 PM
5 Year Member
I never knew how to take out the front tires, till now. Hahaha

Old 07-07-2006, 02:21 PM
Originally Posted by NCFit
To get a bike to stand up like the picture shows it would have to be a child's bike

I just put my bike in the back of my Jazz using Utility mode. 20" frame / 26" wheels.

Had to lay it flat with the front wheel pointing up. Some plastic sheeting on the floor and over the tailgate sill prevented any marking.

Old 07-07-2006, 02:25 PM
Four Wheels Enthusiast
5 Year Member
Honda should of included some little tiedown straps for ours bikes just like th pic..

Old 07-07-2006, 02:45 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by spreadhead
I can put my road bike in the back seat with the bottoms raised (tall mode). I have to remove the front wheel and tie the handlebar to the overhead hand grab (I use a strap around the brake lever). This leaves the rear cargo area for cargo.
I was able to get two bikes in the back seat area in tall mode like this by putting them in "69" style.

Old 07-07-2006, 03:35 PM
Originally Posted by ultralight
To get a bike to stand up like the picture shows it would have to be a child's bike

I just put my bike in the back of my Jazz using Utility mode. 20" frame / 26" wheels.

Had to lay it flat with the front wheel pointing up. Some plastic sheeting on the floor and over the tailgate sill prevented any marking.
yeah, i found that out when trying to put my bike in like that. to get two adult-sized bikes in you would probably need to take off both wheels. but i just turned mine around and put the rear wheel in between the two front seats (with a blanket over it so it wouldn't leave dirt marks :P). i strapped it in with the strap hooked to the two metal loops for the back seat. worked like a charm.

Old 07-07-2006, 03:51 PM
booya

Originally Posted by sLiVeRwOrM
Honda should of included some little tiedown straps for ours bikes just like th pic..
If Honda included the straps they would cost $45 and would break after beng used 5 times.

I love Honda cars but their accessories are crap. The ipod link being the prime example. Mine has never worked properly and completely ate the dust after 6 days. The new unit is still malfunctioning.

Goto Costco and get some straps for like $15 and call it a day.

If Honda actually gave us the straps in the price of the car then I would take them. But knowing Honda they would be an extra in a "tie-down" accessory they have, similar to the cargo basket. Cargobasket = overpriced tupperware.

Old 07-21-2006, 09:33 AM
When I came to the dealership to put in the down payment and do the paperwork, I brought my road bike to see how it fit(not the car I was buying).

I wasn't able to fit the bike using the "tall" mode even with removing the front tire, but I may be able to do it with taking off both tires. The bike did fit in the cargo mode, but I will have to try Spreadhead's idea of tying up the handlebars.
I'll fill you in later on when I get my new wheels

My bike is a 22" frame road bike with 26"/700mm tires.

Quick Reply: bike fit in a fit?