Fit Interior Modifications Discussion area for interior modifications including seats, steering wheels, upholstery and gauges

Change way fuel consumption is displayed

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2011, 04:49 PM
Change way fuel consumption is displayed

Hello,

I was wondering if it's possible to change the way the fuel consumption is displayed on my Honda Fit from 2001. I have a European Jazz model, which shows the fuel consumption in l/100km, but I would like it to show in km/l. The manual says that there are models which show it like that, so a modification to my model should be possible right?

Anybody got any idea?

Thanks!

Old 08-21-2011, 09:13 PM
5 Year Member
I guess it would depend on if you can just change the cluster or if you have to change display itself. I would try the first since the mileage should be in the cars ECU and should be a plug an play. If not than it may be an issue where you will have to change and solder the actual display.

Old 08-22-2011, 04:57 AM
Originally Posted by lashlee
I guess it would depend on if you can just change the cluster or if you have to change display itself. I would try the first since the mileage should be in the cars ECU and should be a plug an play. If not than it may be an issue where you will have to change and solder the actual display.
What is the cluster and how do you change it?

Old 08-22-2011, 01:51 PM
5 Year Member
The instrument cluster, or gauge cluster, the piece that includes the tachometer, speedometer, fuel gauge and the odometer. If you can find one that has the display you want all you should have to do is remove it, unplug it and plug in the new one.

To remove it is pretty easy if you are handy with some tools. You can find some posts on here or the web but in general you pry up the trim panel that surrounds the gauges and remove the screws under the trim and dash hood and unplug it. Once it's unplugged it, the new one will plug right back in.