Fit Interior Modifications Discussion area for interior modifications including seats, steering wheels, upholstery and gauges

Spoon Blue Rear View Mirror Fitment

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2011, 10:09 PM
5 Year Member
Spoon Blue Rear View Mirror Fitment

So I just got my Spoon blue rear view mirror today and have some questions about installing it. Everything seems to say that the mirror just sticks on. My problem is that if I just stick this thing on it leaves a big gap from the curve of the mirror and the edges are a little sharp. Is that just how everyone is doing it? If that's as good as it gets I'm putting it back in the box and staying OEM. It seems to me that it would be a lot better if you removed the OEM glass and replaced it with the Spoon glass. I saw someone mention doing that in another thread but there wasn't much in the way of details and I can't seem to figure out how to remove the glass. I don't want to destroy the stock housing pulling it apart. The unit comes with a small suction cup in the package, what is that supposed to be used for? If anyone has any insight, I'd appreciate it.

Old 09-07-2011, 01:05 PM
5 Year Member
Bump, anyone know how to remove the glass?

*edit, just found a thread about baking it… I suppose that could work.

Last edited by cgpEJ6; 09-07-2011 at 01:08 PM.
Old 09-07-2011, 11:56 PM
5 Year Member
I ended up just putting it on top of the glass, when it's actually stuck down the gap is a little bit smaller and you don't really notice it much when you're sitting in the driver seat. I'm still kind of disappointed that it doesn't look as OEM as I hoped but at least it will be easy to remove if I get tired of it. It's not bad but I was hoping for a little bit more from Spoon.

Old 07-10-2012, 04:26 PM
5 Year Member
The Spoon rear view mirror lens is made to be stick on. As you can see, the lens is convex and included double sided tape to attach onto the current mirror.

I don't know anyone who has remove the OEM lens to install this.

Regards,

Jason @ AJR

Old 07-10-2012, 06:15 PM
Aw, that's dissapointing

I was hoping this was like a replacement for the stock mirror glass, not a stick on.

Guess i'll stay with my Broadway, it's good to know this though so thanks for posting.

Old 07-11-2012, 04:21 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Wanderer.
Aw, that's dissapointing

I was hoping this was like a replacement for the stock mirror glass, not a stick on.

Guess i'll stay with my Broadway, it's good to know this though so thanks for posting.
You shouldn't count out the Spoon mirror nonetheless though. Although, it is a stick on, keep in mind, that not only does it have a cleaner look than the broadway, it also increases visibility by about 30 - 40%.

Not only that, but the Spoon mirror also prevents glare from vehicle headlamps from behind.

I used to have a boardway mirror myself, but I actually switched to the Spoon one after because the broadway mirror didn't allow my passenger visor to swing all the way down without hitting the mirror.

Regards,

Jason @ AJR